Need advice in vegging with gavita 1700 led

• Thread starter Tabi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tabi

Tabi

I’m have an 8x16 room with 6 gavitas 1700 led,the height is not adjustable, their mounted at about 6ft10 in high just need tips on what % intensity I should run them at once I put plants in veg stage in about 10 days and what distance should they be from my plant canopy

bighempn

bighempn

I don’t have first hand experience with the 1700s but I know a few growers who run them and say they need to be adjusted as plants grow because the need to stay about 2ft above canopy. I would start at about 3ft or so and see how they like it. As for intensity, I’m pretty sure they turn them down to like 50-60% until about 1st week of flower and start to gradually ramp them up. They also use the gavita light controller.

Tabi

Tabi

Ok that’s what Iv also been hearing as well so I guess I can just put plants on
I don’t have first hand experience with the 1700s but I know a few growers who run them and say they need to be adjusted as plants grow because the need to stay about 2ft above canopy. I would start at about 3ft or so and see how they like it. As for intensity, I’m pretty sure they turn them down to like 50-60% until about 1st week of flower and start to gradually ramp them up. They also use the gavita light controller.
Ok that’s what Iv also been hearing as well so I guess I can just put plants on tables for veg thank u

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Check out this thread and his last thread.

Anthem

Anthem

I am running the Gavita 1650e, the same fixture with some minor tweaks by Gavita. If you leave the fixture up high thru stretch it kind of helps internode spacing widen so that each bud site will be allowed more overall light. I have been doing this the last couple runs and it has helped quality, but it may also effect the overall weight you get.

Link0486

Link0486

I’m have an 8x16 room with 6 gavitas 1700 led,the height is not adjustable, their mounted at about 6ft10 in high just need tips on what % intensity I should run them at once I put plants in veg stage in about 10 days and what distance should they be from my plant canopy
I have gavita 1700s they are about 3.5 to 4 ft from plants if not mistaken I’ll double check when I go home I also have it running on TrolMaster I got advice online and from friends who live near me.. first start lights at 55 percent and increase by 5% every two weeks by flower you should be in 70s I’d increase by 10% every 2 weeks or 5% every week (if you want a smaller increase at a time) in flower till 100%....below are mine and my friends plants I don’t have a pic at the moment of how far apart the lights and plants are but it’ll give you an idea till I get actual pics! The first two pics are off my friend he has his lights a bit closer and they look great mine are the bottom two they used to look good but they were being over watered but that issue being resolved ATM....hope this helps for now

587BA878 A3DF 4FE5 BB6E B019E7B8F9ED
1557C3E3 809F 4C6C AFA4 3E7C38A83C18
B17664FC 3470 4CF5 80F3 DD93FAFC02C1
447D56CB 5EB5 4B50 B318 78E0EF1AEADC
Link0486

Link0486

Here is a better view of my friends house how far apart his lights are from canopy sorry it took a while...

A1DA531F 55B7 476D 97A5 7D2588E36D1E
1963CDA6 AF1A 4DF0 AA90 C65E756E57B1
Tabi

Tabi

Here is a better view of my friends house how far apart his lights are from canopy sorry it took a while...
Ok that really helps I appreciate the pics like I said I’m about 8 days from putting my platinum gsc in veg just wanted to be sure that having the lights 4 or 5 feet away is fine and I can clearly see ur friend plants are doing great

Johngr

Johngr

I am running the Gavita 1650e, the same fixture with some minor tweaks by Gavita. If you leave the fixture up high thru stretch it kind of helps internode spacing widen so that each bud site will be allowed more overall light. I have been doing this the last couple runs and it has helped quality, but it may also effect the overall weight you get.
I just finished my first run using new gravitas and I can’t tell you how mad I am that I didn’t read about this before because that’s was pretty much the only issue I had the entire time and it turns out to be a pretty detrimental problem and overal it actually seems it should help the weight because no light coming through canopy results in less photosynthesis under the canapoy. I’ve spent last two weeks trying to figure out what it was and if it was my pruning or trimming or maybe the strength I set led to but when I saw this I litterly felt like common sense had just called me stupid

Top Bottom