I have 2 MarsHydro 600watt leds

I’m averaging 30c probably and 55RH
I have 1x 10inch fan blowing on canopy

3x 8inchers
2 blowing on lights
1 blowing on canopy

1 exhaust fan blowing out of the original bathroom fan

can this be the issue:
1 had 2 seedling mats on and I thought I’d switch them off with them onthe room would be 75rh at 27c.
Do you think the mats were pushing the hot air up? And at that time I had no exhaust fan.

im on day 8 of seedlings do you think moving the lights up will help heat

Need advice not criticism heat problem
freezeland2

freezeland2

How many plants are you going to grow? Do you need two lights on them right now? How big is that space?

Frego

Frego

How many plants are you going to grow? Do you need two lights on them right now? How big is that space?
I’ve got 16in there lol I don’t smoke any more it’s just for profit so I’m packing them in! Will top them
The space is
57inches by 39inches width
And there autoflower

Frego

Frego

Raising the light should help reduce the temperature a lil bit at canopy level. The most important part is having cool air intake, do you have that?
No guys..no fresh air intake it’s a bathroom so has a solid door@freezeland2

im lucky it can occupy a exhaust

I’ve a air purifier too😅

Frego

Frego

Raising the light should help reduce the temperature a lil bit at canopy level. The most important part is having cool air intake, do you have that?
Too compensate I’ve take the insulation off the door so my theory was I was hoping for somewhat fresh air coming threw the door frame cracks lol

Doublej

Doublej

The air is only going to be as cool as where you pull it from. There was a good question asked, how many plants/ seedlings do you have?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Too compensate I’ve take the insulation off the door so my theory was I was hoping for somewhat fresh air coming threw the door frame cracks lol
If you have good exhaust in that bathroom leave the door cracked open to suck air in. You wedge something in the door so you have a nice crack around it for air to be drawn in. They are auto flowers so outside light creep around door won’t effect them.

Frego

Frego

If you have good exhaust in that bathroom leave the door cracked open to suck air in. You wedge something in the door so you have a nice crack around it for air to be drawn in. They are auto flowers so outside light creep around door won’t effect them.
Good idea but what about when it starts to flower if it gets that far

yeah I could do that but the front door is right across from the bathroom door and there is a big window on it
So people will see the light

growsince79

growsince79

I’ve got 16in there lol I don’t smoke any more it’s just for profit so I’m packing them in! Will top them
The space is
57inches by 39inches width
And there autoflower
Sounds like too many plants for that space unless they are real small. I don't do auto flowers, but most people say don't top them.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Good idea but what about when it starts to flower if it gets that far

yeah I could do that but the front door is right across from the bathroom door and there is a big window on it
So people will see the light
Put a curtain on the front door.

Only other option is reduce plant count and put a small portable ac unit in the bathroom.

Frego

Frego

Sounds like too many plants for that space unless they are real small. I don't do auto flowers, but most people say don't top them.
I agree with the to many plants but like I said it’s not for smoke if we make it that far

I have read so much about cannabis and from every site the information always contradicts each other
It’s always do it and don’t do it
One site cannabis can be grown 5-6ph
Then it’s 7/8 I mean best i can do is try and if the temps still persist add a CO2 bag?
I understand why not to top not enough time to recover etc
I’ve also read you can top
I could LST
I just didn’t want the cola due to Mold problem and being so many but I’ve a air purifier and 5 fans, heats my only issue
Just no fresh air

Frego

Frego

Put a curtain on the front door.

Only other option is reduce plant count and put a small portable ac unit in the bathroom.
I’ve a white blind up

yeah maybe I could put a couple in the back garden however a crack heads always looking over because I have a nice garden he must think I grow weed..

I’ve been looking for at AC units on eBay will a cheap one do the trick? I’ve also read mixed reviews about them

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’ve a white blind up

yeah maybe I could put a couple in the back garden however a crack heads always looking over because I have a nice garden he must think I grow weed..

I’ve been looking for at AC units on eBay will a cheap one do the trick? I’ve also read mixed reviews about them
If your worried about the heat the ac is your best bet. A small one should do the job since it’s very small room.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I agree with the to many plants but like I said it’s not for smoke if we make it that far

I have read so much about cannabis and from every site the information always contradicts each other
It’s always do it and don’t do it
One site cannabis can be grown 5-6ph
Then it’s 7/8 I mean best i can do is try and if the temps still persist add a CO2 bag?
I understand why not to top not enough time to recover etc
I’ve also read you can top
I could LST
I just didn’t want the cola due to Mold problem and being so many but I’ve a air purifier and 5 fans, heats my only issue
Just no fresh air

Welcome to the cannabis industry, there will be contradicting opinions on every single subject, so do your due diligence on research and gain experience for yourself.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Certainly the mats bring up room temps, everything does, especially when you don't have good air transfer.

I have very similar issues, probably even worse, maybe... But I have some things in place.

The key is how often your turning over the air in the room. In my case, that means a big fan at the door (24 inch) and some lower powered inlines blowing air around on the floor by the pants, it really helps stir it up in there, move shit around. Especially during flower, when it's much thicker in there.

Keep in mind the fans themselves increase the room temps to some extent, the key here is air transfer. If you got that duct, it's best to be hooked to something powerful, ideallly 350 CFM in that size room, I suppose.... Just an estimate.

as for blowing shit around inside, looks like your well equipped there.
Moving lights up will help, but intensity needs to be sufficient to keep the plant from stretching. The coolest way to run a light would be to baton it down tight, and turn the power down, if it has a dial. That's the optimal method.

Air flow is always an issue. It's also very critical as time goes along, cumulative if was to use a descriptive term... It's worth taking the time doing well, because without it, your pretty much FUBAR.

Last edited:
Frego

Frego

Welcome to the cannabis industry, there will be contradicting opinions on every single subject, so do your due diligence on research and gain experience for yourself.
Yeah I can’t wait to be talking knowledge with u guys and passing on my advice
And experience

Frego

Frego

Certainly the mats bring up room temps, everything does, especially when you don't have good air transfer.

I have very similar issues, probably even worse, maybe... But I have some things in place.

The key is how often your turning over the air in the room. In my case, that means a big fan at the door (24 inch) and some lower powered inlines blowing air around on the floor by the pants, it really helps stir it up in there, move shit around. Especially during flower, when it's much thicker in there.

Keep in mind the fans themselves increase the room temps to some extent, the key here is air transfer. If you got that duct, it's best to be hooked to something powerful, ideallly 350 CFM in that size room, I suppose.... Just an estimate.

as for blowing shit around inside, looks like your well equipped there.
Moving lights up will help, but intensity needs to be sufficient to keep the plant from stretching. The coolest way to run a light would be to baton it down tight, and turn the power down, if it has a dial. That's the optimal method.

Air flow is always an issue. It's also very critical as time goes along, cumulative if was to use a descriptive term... It's worth taking the time doing well, because without it, your pretty much FUBAR.
Thanks for the reply brother

Therotically speaking in flower and with the hot temps could I add a cheap CO2 to compensate

Fan Specifications:

Size: 150mm/6 inch

Voltage: 220-240v

Power: 30 watts

Air Flow: 275m3/h

wanted to keep watts down due to circuit boards and you know, fires..
I’ve surge protectors in place from the main draw and leads
I’m going to the hrdro store today
The fan you mentioned with a
350 CFM only available in the states
So I’ll see what they can do with in the budget

no brother no dials not on my model only on the 1000watts
Also bought a fan controller for my extractor because I think it’s sucking all my humidity away which is a other problem 55RH now

Ima get this tattooed on my head so I never forget ‘It's worth taking the time doing well, because without it, your pretty much FUBAR’

Thanks brother

Top Bottom