Need Advice On Lighting And Spacing Of Rdwc

• Thread starter snap360
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snap360

snap360

Hey everyone. I really tried to not create a thread and do my own research before posting but I'm getting lost and need your help. I’m planning on setting up a 6 bucket RDWC system have a few questions on lighting and spacing of each bucket.

Environment
Grow will be in basement. Ceiling is 6 feet tall. Room temperature hovers between 63-70 Fahrenheit. Setup will be RDWC system using Hydroton and GH nutes.

Intentions
Trying to avoid buying on Amazon pre-made COBs but have NO clue on lights. Spent many hours researching only to be even more lost. I come to the realization that I should just stick to the Vero 29 B/C 3500K 80 CRI cobs. I was thinking of putting each COB over each bucket container. 6 x COBs. Is this too little lighting? Should I go with 9 COB leds instead?

Requirements
- Ability to adjust height of light per bucket container. Don't think I need dimmers as I plan on under driving the lights.
- Future expansion if I decide to add more buckets.

Questions
- Is the spacing appropriate for scrogging in the RDWC?
- If I stick with Vero 29 COBs, what parts do I need? Super clueless. I know that ideally I want passive drivers so under driven. Is there such a thing as 60W Vero 29 that is passive cooling? What parts/drivers do I need to accomplish that? I am wanting reflector lens too.
- How do you suggest I hang the lighting considering I have 6 ft. ceiling?

Rdwc plan
DismalDude

DismalDude

Hello snap360,seems like you'll have a nice space to work with as long as you manage height.
The Vero's are a great choice.I use them but didn't want to take the time to build my own fixtures.
There's some good info out there on building fixtures with those lights and also some good companies if you want prefab.I always have to give a plug for Timber lighting as that's where I got mine and have never been happier.
Here's a forum link with a ton of info and I'd bet there are some farmers that would give you some great info.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/diy-led-with-cobs-small-medium-and-large-grows.64252/

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello snap360,seems like you'll have a nice space to work with as long as you manage height.
The Vero's are a great choice.I use them but didn't want to take the time to build my own fixtures.
There's some good info out there on building fixtures with those lights and also some good companies if you want prefab.I always have to give a plug for Timber lighting as that's where I got mine and have never been happier.
Here's a forum link with a ton of info and I'd bet there are some farmers that would give you some great info.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/diy-led-with-cobs-small-medium-and-large-grows.64252/
Ya double Deeman said it. @DismalDude Depending on your strains you will have to train as you have somewhat limited headspace. You will have to play with veg times as hydro will grow very vigorous plants. And unless your well versed in canopy management you may have your hands full. :smoking:

Latest posts

Top Bottom