Need advice on my white widow auto

• Thread starter Artski87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Artski87

Artski87

So I was not expecting this girl to stretch as much as she did since my previous grows of this strain stayed at about 2 feet tall after stretch . This girl is sitting just under 4 feet (main stem) my questions are as follows
-why does my new growth by the pistols the top bud sites is twisted some days and others it’s fine?

-lower older fanleaves look like they’re showing calsium def. last 4 watering ive added cal/mag each time starting with 2mls/litre and most resent was 4 mls/litre . Still yellowing till today?

-what to do with the tallest main stem? It’s a foot taller then the rest of the plant and my lights don’t reach the rest of the plant when they’re up that high . Can’t bend it cuse it’s really hard and stif like older stems and will break if I force it .

-for the rest of the stems that are more or less the same height , from the top , how many nodes should I leave budding ? Because I’d like to defoliate all the bottom growth that won’t amount to much and doesn’t get much light?

- any other helpful advice ? Let me know , I’m learning as I grow so everything helps .

Second week of flower , soil, advanced nutrients GMB+ bigbud+cal/mag+superB+.
Mars hydro 2x 240w reflector and 1x100w+ migrolight I’m a 3x3 tent
50%rh(+\-) temp 25c-28c . Alberta hard tap water that I let sit for 5 days before using and ph of water/feedings is between 6.4-6.8 ph
I don’t have an EC Meter or ppm meter yet so I can’t check the run off
Same soil for all my plant and same feeding routine for all and this is the only one showing different problems . Anything and everything helps thank you and happy green growing friends 🙏🤙🤓

Need advice on my white widow auto
Need advice on my white widow auto 2
Need advice on my white widow auto 3
Need advice on my white widow auto 4
Need advice on my white widow auto 5
Need advice on my white widow auto 6
Need advice on my white widow auto 7
Need advice on my white widow auto 8
Need advice on my white widow auto 9
Need advice on my white widow auto 10
Need advice on my white widow auto 11
Need advice on my white widow auto 12
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You might be getting close to a nutrient lockout, depending on how much you are feeding and the medium that you are using. Some strains are OK with high levels of nutes, some are more sensitive. Plants change a lot when going from vegging to fflowering, and overfeeding can show up from both the accumulated effects of a high nute diet as well as the plant itself changing as it switches gears. I prefer to use a minimum of nutes as it is easier to add to a grow (and a LOT safer) than to try to remove too much of something without removing too much of other stuff or messng up the Ph. If you don't have a water holding issue, I would run a few gallons of straight water thru the medium and try to get some of the extra stuff out. If the plant starts to look worse, it is a simple matter to replace anything that might have got rinsed out. FWIW, a PPM/EC meter is pretty cheap and if you have an ohm meter, you can make your own to some degree.

Artski87

Artski87

You might be getting close to a nutrient lockout, depending on how much you are feeding and the medium that you are using. Some strains are OK with high levels of nutes, some are more sensitive. Plants change a lot when going from vegging to fflowering, and overfeeding can show up from both the accumulated effects of a high nute diet as well as the plant itself changing as it switches gears. I prefer to use a minimum of nutes as it is easier to add to a grow (and a LOT safer) than to try to remove too much of something without removing too much of other stuff or messng up the Ph. If you don't have a water holding issue, I would run a few gallons of straight water thru the medium and try to get some of the extra stuff out. If the plant starts to look worse, it is a simple matter to replace anything that might have got rinsed out. FWIW, a PPM/EC meter is pretty cheap and if you have an ohm meter, you can make your own to some degree.
So I just managed to bend the main stem without breaking it to lower it almost a full foot so I think that will help me with the height problem . I feed this auto the same as I feed all myautos . What I e noticed is that every 2 days the soil dries out almost completely and the plant is sucking up everything I feed it . Previously when I had a lockout problem the soil would stay moist for much longer as the plant would not suck everything out of the soil even plain water would just sit. This plant I plain watered yesterday and today it’s fully dry and the leaves start to droop a bit so I feed it again and within 30 min she’s back to normal. Also no signs of nute burn at all.

EB09C876 FD4F 4AB1 9C07 7C66F0FCB5C9
8ABAFE44 409F 40D6 AFAB 44D64821ADC9
Top Bottom