Need answers about harvesting indica!

• Thread starter BRetnewgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

1- If I dont get a magnifying device in time, any guesstimations on how much longer you would give this? I'm somewhere around 2 weeks-ish right now.
2-Planning on flushing the plant tomorrow. Think it's too early?
3- how necessary is the 2 days of dark before harvest? Does it make a noticeable difference?
4- I didnt let my plant veg as much as I'd hoped but given it's not that tall of an indica, would anyone suggest hanging the plant to dry as a whole or should I cut into two pieces?
I can post more pics if needed
Thanks guys for the advice!

20201110 174441
20201110 174204
20201110 174502
Entropy

Entropy

1) 4 weeks
2) yes too early
3) some testing shows it increases thc
4) Depends on your drying area IMO, if it's humid smaller sections are better, if your drying area has low RH hanging bigger sections is better up to whole plant as the stems hold moisture and slow the drying process down, I usually shoot for more then 7 days hanging.

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

1) 4 weeks
2) yes too early
3) some testing shows it increases thc
4) Depends on your drying area IMO, if it's humid smaller sections are better, if your drying area has low RH hanging bigger sections is better up to whole plant as the stems hold moisture and slow the drying process down, I usually shoot for more then 7 days hanging.
You would give my plant another month? I'm assuming you would suggest that I wait another 2 weeks to flush then right? Just to give you an idea my plants only about 3 ft tall. Dont want you to see the pics and assume it's a bigger plant with smaller buds or anything. I'll post a pic of the whole plant. I'll be trying to hang it in my closet that isnt that big. I'm a little nervous about the process because I dont have alot of things at my disposal to control humidity. Temp should be a little easier for me but I DONT want to lose the bud

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

No keep going till hairs are 3/4 .looks a few weeks away..they will put on more weight yet..
Wait until hairs are 3/4 amber/brown? If my plant has round 3 weeks (another reply said 4) when should I flush? Thanks for the help fr

Madmax

Madmax

Sorry dude...brown i meant..i dont use the word flush..its better just to say you will b giving it phd water the last week just to use up the nutrients in the media so it just gets less.if your drying inside and its not cold or damp ..say 20 deg you should b fine.leave the cupboard slightly open and door to that room .thats all i do.no hygrometer .trim them up good and evenly spaced.. youll b right brother you will get the feel of it once it starts drying..

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

Sorry dude...brown i meant..i dont use the word flush..its better just to say you will b giving it phd water the last week just to use up the nutrients in the media so it just gets less.if your drying inside and its not cold or damp ..say 20 deg you should b fine.leave the cupboard slightly open and door to that room .thats all i do.no hygrometer .trim them up good and evenly spaced.. youll b right brother you will get the feel of it once it starts drying..
Awesome thanks. It's the closet in my room so I'll have to work out a way to keep it open while keeping light out. Would having a fan circulating air through the area would that be too muc air flow? My room in generally around 70-78 Fahrenheit so I'm not so much worried about temp. I have no clue what the humidity is in my room but I think it's too low if anything. Dont want mold growing

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

Awesome thanks. It's the closet in my room so I'll have to work out a way to keep it open while keeping light out. Would having a fan circulating air through the area would that be too muc air flow? My room in generally around 70-78 Fahrenheit so I'm not so much worried about temp. I have no clue what the humidity is in my room but I think it's too low if anything. Dont want mold growing
Also, would it be best to use a neutral water to get out the salts and stuff or does that even matter where the water is? I keep spring water that's neutral and I collect rain water that is prob a little acidic

Madmax

Madmax

If you think its too low then shut the door..too low will dry them more quickly just open every now and then to check...just keep an eye on the stem if it bends without snapping go longer..you want it to break but not break apart easy..just try abit when your getting close.i reckon you got this..

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

If you think its too low then shut the door..too low will dry them more quickly just open every now and then to check...just keep an eye on the stem if it bends without snapping go longer..you want it to break but not break apart easy..just try abit when your getting close.i reckon you got this..
I appreciate the help. First plant I've grown to term so I feel very invested lmao btw I've been looking for some indica seeds that wont break the bank and isnt from over seas if you've ordered any from somewhere that you were happy with or recommendations??

Madmax

Madmax

I cant really help ya there bro im stuck on gilligans island (tasmania)and battle to get them to arrive at times lol..
Where bouts are you once the farm guys know where you are they could mention a few places.theres a thread on here somewhere where you can buy or swap ..all in the states too i think..

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
3 to 5 more weeks by the look of that . Regards OD.ps then there’s thr drying n curing .............. months yet ...

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I cant really help ya there bro im stuck on gilligans island (tasmania)and battle to get them to arrive at times lol..
Where bouts are you once the farm guys know where you are they could mention a few places.theres a thread on here somewhere where you can buy or swap ..all in the states too i think..
If you need seed max I've got new stuff in I can cut some out to help you fellow Tassie bro you just got hit me up got some great phenos max .

Madmax

Madmax

If you need seed max I've got new stuff in I can cut some out to help you fellow Tassie bro you just got hit me up got some great phenos max .
I got some that rocked up OD on monday..only took a month from seedsman..was quite suprised actually..things are real bad over there .i was abit worried catching wuhan virus opening them up ..LOL.
20201110 164526

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I got some that rocked up OD on monday..only took a month from seedsman..was quite suprised actually..things are real bad over there .i was abit worried catching wuhan virus opening them up ..LOL.View attachment 1054712
Hey finally they got here great bro not to keen on his packaging looks a bit slap dash to say the least hope all the seed are not cracked I thought they would have used the proper vials to ship them in . Anyway bro if you get a male I’ll buy pollen of you I’ve got a few breeders going this year for the seed bank . Od .

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

I got some that rocked up OD on monday..only took a month from seedsman..was quite suprised actually..things are real bad over there .i was abit worried catching wuhan virus opening them up ..LOL.View attachment 1054712
Haha yea def need some seeds. My fem from seed is doing great but my cutting off of her are giving me nothing but trouble. I just noticed today that the 1 cutting I thought would bounce back is showing new symptoms so i def need some seeds. Is seedmax a website? Could you afford to work something out? Would just like atleast 1 fem till I can put something else together to get more but it would be greatly appreciated if you could. Thanks either way!

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

I'm on east coast. Cutting that I thought would bounce back is showing new symptoms today so yea now ill def need some haha but thanks anyways

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

I'm on east coast. Cutting that I thought would bounce back is showing new symptoms today so yea now ill def need some haha but thanks anyways
Btw my plants trichomes look like they are starting to turn amber at the top. Only the hairs at the top of the main chola are brownish. I was expecting it to go another couple weeks. Is that normal?

Latest posts

Top Bottom