Need better controller than inkbird, any recommendations?

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

If the setting is close and the deadband is bigger that might happen. Let say you want humidity to come on at 50% and dead and of 5% dehumidifier to come on at 55% you have a 5% deadband. You are going to get them both running at the same time and that may overload the rated amperage

By deadband I mean upper and lower diff
I was using it as a hygrometer in drying closet and it was still doing it regardless how far I set them apart or how close together they were the only thing that had any effect was smacking on the wall lol (I didn't have a hammer handy) oh well I'll make the adjustments necessary I suppose I'll see how this new unit works and go from there I guess, I've only dried one set with it and it came out fine but I don't know I kind of like the more precise control that the inkbird gives. Have to get a new control and humidifier I suppose :/

Rotstone

Rotstone

Here's the inkbird malfunctioning when it hits the upper limit set at 61% RH, and Work1 should shut off..
View attachment 900555

But its not, so work 2 is turning on and work 1 is staying on?! that's great quality right there boy, great products inkbird.. NOT!

(In that picture the high alarm is flashing and beeping and both work1 and work2 are on, which should never happen simultaneously. Without looking it up this unit is maybe two and a half years old and has only had light use when drying harvests)

And of course the alarm went off in the middle of the night so I jumped out of bed thinking my house was on fire! 🤬

it's done this a couple of times but it seems to work after it resets itself for a while but this time it's not resetting and it's already ruined some zips for me so I'm over inkbird products for good, believe it!

Most likely I'm going to send the new humidifier back and buy the all-in-one humidifier unit and cross my fingers I guess, unless someone has a better recommendation?
I have had good experience with the inkbird temp controller, just ordered the humidity controller. Hope it works better than the one you got.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have had good experience with the inkbird temp controller, just ordered the humidity controller. Hope it works better than the one you got.
Not kidding, I smacked it off the wall and it's been working fine since! Turns out that's how you calibrate it, who knew!? (Talk about high-quality LMAO), I'm using it in the drying room right now

Madmax

Madmax

Gee had me put off a little till i seen your last post haha.how do you workout the humidifier size i need .small veg room is 1.5mtrs by 90cm 2.1mtr ceiling ,flower rooms 1.5 x1.5mtrs 2.1 ceiling also..ive just been trialling the veg room with just light and heater reads a steady 31% on hygrometer with sensor 70cm below 315 cmh...winter time here..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not sure? Use it for my drying room, it's a little closet 2 feet by maybe 8 feet I use the ink bird to control the humidifier to keep it at 60% RH

Top Bottom