Need Fulvic/Humic/Kelp Dosage Instructions

• Thread starter jigglybones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jigglybones

I have a 3 separate bottles - one of fulvic acid, one humic acid, and one kelp. None of them came with a label. Does anyone know how much I should give my plants? I'm growing in FFOF soil, 100% organic,Earth Juice nutes, 1000w light, co2, controlled environment. Some of my babies are a few weeks from harvest. Some are clones.

Oldsog

Oldsog

Supporter
humic acid is used for a soil conditioner, kelp is great for vegging plants and fulvic is what i would use. it is almost impossible to over dose a plant with fulvic acid. i would use 5-10ml per gal. it also works as a PH down and anywhere from 5-30ml per gal on the kelp.

kelp is great to use as a foliar but don't use past half way through flowering (foliar or in res)

peace,

J

jigglybones

thanks for the input. I meant to say I have a bottle of humic/fulvic acid and a bottle of kelp. But you knew that, didn't you? lol

J

Jalisco Kid

Since you have no label you do not know if it's quality FA. I would run it up to 50 ppm. I use way too much fulvic but my plants love it. Kelp is great for the minerals but if you use too much the pgr's will kick in and cause a shorter bushier plant. Kelp really is not absorbed by the roots it's molecules are a little too big as are the aminos. JK

Blaze

Blaze

It's is hard to overdo it with any of those three, but there is a certain range with the humic acid that is "ideal". When the concentration of humates reaches 0.005-0.009% the water restructures and the signal increases from 52.7 Hertz to 103 Hertz. However since you do not know the concentration this will be difficult to determine.

You can use all three as a foliar if you wish I've been doing the foliar with the humic acids and kelp for quite some time and it works nicely.

It would also help if you knew what type of humates you are using. Some are more chemically and biologically active than others. Leondorite is what many humate products are made out of and this is the least active one that you can use. If not activated it can take literally millions of years to break down (though humates never fully break down.)

0sWizZle

It's is hard to overdo it with any of those three, but there is a certain range with the humic acid that is "ideal". When the concentration of humates reaches 0.005-0.009% the water restructures and the signal increases from 52.7 Hertz to 103 Hertz. However since you do not know the concentration this will be difficult to determine.

quote]

Thank u Gojo

**Melted Water State**
(from the deleted thread "Effects of EC level in nutrient solution on yield of cannabis in indoor condition")

Calculating humic acid quantity to create MWS in drench and folair water:

A real-world example I just made up:
Humic acid liquid product has 8% humic acid and there is 500 ml of product. The grower uses 4 gallons of water per 5 gallon bucket. A humic acid content of 0.009% will be achieved in the 4 gallons of water to create MWS.

1. Convert gallon of water to milliliter and multiply by percentage of humic acid needed to create MWS:

(4*3784.96)*(0.00009) = 1.36 ml humic acid needed per 4 gallons of water to create MWS
  2. Multiply percentage of humic acid in liquid product by quantity (in ml) of product.

(0.08)*(500) = 40 ml humic acid per 500 ml product
  3. Divide quantity (in ml) of humic acid by volume (in ml) of product.

(40)/(500) = 0.08 ml humic acid per ml of product
  4. Divide quantity (in ml) of humic acid needed to create MWS in 4 gallons of water by quantity (as ml) of humic acid in one ml of product.

(1.....36)/(0.08) = 17 ml of product will provide 1.36 ml of humic acid
  5. Thus, one needs 17 ml of liquid humic acid product containing 8% humic acid to provide 1.36 ml of humic acid. That 1.36 ml of humic acid (in 17 ml of product) is need per 4 gallons of water to create MWS using 0.009% humic acid per volume of water.
  6. I use insulin needle/syringe to measure accurate under a few ml. For over a few ml I use 10 ml, or 40 ml needle/syringe.

"All About Humates"
Author(s): Dr. Boris Levinsky; circa 1996

http://www.teravita.com/Humates/HumateIntro.htm

Quote:

Let’s look at the simple system humate-water. The research carried out at Irkutsk University (D. A. Kalabin, D.... F. Kushnaryov) found the dependence in NMR spectral parameters of water, its structure, and concentration of the humates dissolved in it. When the concentration of the humate reaches 0.005-0.009% (this particular concentration is recommended for watering plants), 17Î signal increases from 52.7 Hertz to 103 Hertz, which indicates structurization of water.

The course of the curves in Fig. 3 shows that the humates cause water to obtain the structure of melted water (previously frozen), which is known to have a medicinal effect on animate organisms and plants.

Fig. 3 The connection between value of NMR signal and humic concentration.

The system humate-plant can be characterized by two independent processes that are very important to plants’ growth and development. The first process is the increase in the cell’s energy and the intensification of ion-exchange process as a result of it. Nature made sure there were quinoid groups in a humic acid structure. Electrons of the four conjugated p-bonds are able to capture a quantum of solar energy accompanied by a transition to a higher energy level. They accumulate the energy and supply it to the cell when needed. It intensifies the ion-exchange process. As a result, the root system develops more rapidly, and special ferments form to improve the plants’ resistance to unfavorable conditions, such as drought and frost. These ferments also assist the process of nitrogen assimilability that does not lead to the formation of nitrates. At the same time, the synthesis of chlorophyll, sugars, vitamins, essential amino-acids, and oils accelerates.

The second process is the increase in penetrability of the cell membrane.. (T. L. Senn and A. R. Kingman, 1973.) It facilitates the penetration of nutrients into the cell and accelerates the respiration of the plants.. It is important to point out that this process is rather elective. For example, the penetration of potassium ions increases a hundred times while sodium penetration increases ten times, which favorably influences plants’ nourishment.​

"So just what are humates?"
Author(s): Cape Aquatic Humates Ltd.; 2008
http://capeaquatichumates....blogspot.com/

M

mMmTHC

what are these 3 additives for? What do they do for the plant? Im running a dwc system...What else can I add to the plants life to make them feel better...im using all fox farm nutes..

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Not sure but i would use 'em if ya got 'em as they are useful.

Top Bottom