Need guidance with logistical harvest/vacation problem

• Thread starter malachii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
malachii

malachii

Hi all,

Stupid, I know, but I just realized that I have a logistical problem with my harvest, and a mandatory family vacation coming up this weekend (leaving saturday, back tuesday night).

Basically I have 3 plants, that had different harvesting times.

Plant 1 (pot of gold), harvested 3 days ago, probably going into cure jars tomorrow (a little fast, I know). That gives me 3 days to burp the jars before I go. I think I'm OK with this one if I don't burp it sunday or monday. Thoughts?

Plant 2 (white widow), can be harvested any day, but I'll wait until Friday, so that it goes in my dry cabinet saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday. Should be ready when I get back. I see no problems here.

Plant 3 (juicy kush), houston, we have a problem. My bad. I harvested yesterday, and will likely be ready for curing friday, or maybe saturday. But I have to burp the jars... And it is ready to go into jars right when I leave for a few days. What should I do? I can call a friend to burp once, either 18 or 36 hours after going into jars. But I'd rather not involve a friend if possible. I could bring it with me to the parent's vacation rental (lol) and burp there, but I don't like the idea of taking (equivalent) 1 oz dry with me on the road. Shit. Is there some alternative automated method?

Thanks!

Mal.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Get rid of the jars! Put everything in paper bags, put those in as enclosed a space as you can, in the dark. Put a fan in that space to move air. Take your vacation.

Jesus Christ, babysitting fucking Mason jars. And they'll keep you doing it just because it fits the paradigm.

malachii

malachii

Sure, I can do that, but I thought that would be similar to the drying phase then? Meh, first grow - I have no idea what I'm doing yet.

Jesus Christ, babysitting fucking Mason jars. And they'll keep you doing it just because it fits the paradigm.

By "they" I assume you mean the general crowd?

K

kes5480

i agree with maiden. ur over thinking this one bro...lol

peace

malachii

malachii

You're probably right, but hell, on a first grow, I'm not willing to leave much to chance at this stage -> really the home stretch. It would really be discouraging to have a mold problem now for example.

hiboy

hiboy

Never bag, jar seal anything 3 days after cutting down. I let my plants hang upside down for 6 days in a dark closet type setting with a fan sucking air out but not affecting the girls. I normally have 25 plants so my humidity is alot higher which means slower drying times..
i would brown bag the already plucked plant, with the top folded over. only fill the bag half way at most
h

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Gotta Agree

Three days is too soon to jar your weed, its gonna taste like hay. I hang mine for about a month and then jar it, I'd personally take all 3 and put them into paper bags until you get back. Open a jar and smell, what does it smell like. If it smells like good weed your ok, you want your weed very dry before you put it into a jar. You also don't want to quick dry your weed because this will seal in the hay smell/taste. If you are in an arid climate try to hang your plants in the most humid place you can find or put a bucket of water in the area. Good Luck, hope you end up with some tasty weed. You can ruin your weed by jarring it to early

mal

P

potgutz

U should let it dry for at least 7 days b4 doing anything with it

malachii

malachii

U should let it dry for at least 7 days b4 doing anything with it

Yeah, I guess I was mis-understanding what a snap was on the stem. Anyhow, I've taken the nugs out of jars, and dried them for 12 hours, then put them back in, etc, and they seem to be improving pretty well. The second batch has been drying for 6 days now.

Mal.

Top Bottom