Need help determining if its harvest time

• Thread starter Photon12345
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Photon12345

i HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS A CROP OF MASTER KUSH.THEY HAVE NO IDEA THOUGH HOW LONG ITS BEEN IN FLOWERING FOR.

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT EXACTLY YOU WOULD VERIFY TO DETERMINE IF IT SHOULD BE YANKED NOW.

IT LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE IT MAY BE READY.

NUMEROUS OPINIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

WE ALWAYS SEEM TO BE WAITING FOR THEM TO TURN INTO A BUTTERFLY OR SOMETHING BEFORE CUTTING THEM DOWN.

PLEASE HELP

J

Jalisco Kid

Smoke it.
Normally I cut flowers at various stages then after a 3 week cure or so I will smoke them and pic my fav. Then next time I will know when I should be ready to harvest. Now this system does not work if you try a new strain every time. Most will tell you the color of the tric but that is one of the weakest ways for me. JK

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Well, that is a technique that I will definitely have to try in the future, JK.

As far as your matter, photon, just look at the trichromes with a magnifying glass or microscope. If they are already all cloudy, you can think about picking soon. There are plenty of threads on here on this subject.

-TF

P

Photon12345

Can't find threads about when to harvest and drying/curing

As far as your matter, photon, just look at the trichromes with a magnifying glass or microscope. If they are already all cloudy, you can think about picking soon. There are plenty of threads on here on this subject.

-TF

please advise w any links that will assist me in when to harvest as well as proper drying, curing, etc.
Thanks..............i'm an idiot but looked and didn't see threads. sure they r there...i just don't find them

K

Kief Stoned

Gotta look at the Thichomes bro.. Or if you havent got a 30x or more powerful loop or microscope ( u can buy a mini batterry powered microscope for around $6.00 online.. If u need a link just ask) the next option ( not nearly as accurate ) is to look at the hairs/pistils. If they are 90% brown/orange etc and have receeded back into the calyx then the plants are likely ready. If you still have mostly white pistils then its most likely not ready. But I highly recommend getting a cheap mini micro for around 6.00 online to view the trichs..

P

Photon12345

Cloudy trichomes at end of week 6?!?!?

Gotta look at the Thichomes bro.. Or if you havent got a 30x or more powerful loop or microscope ( u can buy a mini batterry powered microscope for around $6.00 online.. If u need a link just ask) the next option ( not nearly as accurate ) is to look at the hairs/pistils. If they are 90% brown/orange etc and have receeded back into the calyx then the plants are likely ready. If you still have mostly white pistils then its most likely not ready. But I highly recommend getting a cheap mini micro for around 6.00 online to view the trichs..

The reason I am a bit puzzled is that these master kush plants are just finishing their 6th week of flowering, but trichomes are cloudy, buds are oily and looking fine...............................do you question the trichomes or just chop and drop since the trichomes seemingly along with the oily and smell seems to be saying "take me".....any thoughts............folks?!!!
HELP

P

Photon12345

Thanks.......i did find some threads under general cultivation

-TF

tHREADS FOUND.............THANKS

The HC

The HC

If your Outside and in the Northern Hemisphere, then it is not done.

phenotyper

phenotyper

At 6 weeks, they look done, but wait for 8, you'll be happy you did. IMO, at least wait 50 days on MK.

j wizzle

j wizzle

Most will tell you the color of the tric but that is one of the weakest ways for me. JK

agreed with this right here.

its part of the equation, but not the be all end all....

i think the best way to tell is to look at the plant. are the hairs receeded FULLY into the calyx? are the nugs nice & dense? is the bud becoming a darker tint? if its 100% shining white, chances are its not done yet. they buds should have an amber tint to them. cloudy trichs dont mean your bud is done. you want them to be amber and you want the hairs receeded.

if you want that sativa type head high, then do yourself a favor and grow some sativa

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
I dont know why we are yelling!!!!!
WHAT? oh lol

Smoke it.
Normally I cut flowers at various stages then after a 3 week cure or so I will smoke them and pic my fav. Then next time I will know when I should be ready to harvest. Now this system does not work if you try a new strain every time. Most will tell you the color of the tric but that is one of the weakest ways for me. JK

for me its the fattining of the colaxes and knoweldge of the strain

P

Producer

This is an interesting thread.
Im sort of at the same point as well.
Trying to determine when exactly I should chop. Im starting to flush in the next day or two though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom