Need Help Diagnosing Deficiency! (seedsman White Widow)

• Thread starter 0x99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

0x99

Hi all,

Just started a grow with some freebie Whitewidow seeds from seedsman. Right now they're about 3 weeks into veg in Roots Original organic soil. I'm watering with R.O. water.. just barely transplanted from solo cups to bigger pots. about 3 or 4 days after the transplant I topped them at the 5th node. Now the new growth after topping on one of the plants looks like its showing deficiencies already.

All plants had wind burn early on from a fan that was blowing too much on them. I haven't yet taken a pH reading from the soil because I dont want to over water. Will be doing that i'm guessing in the next few days.

Light is 1200W (660W actual pull) COB LED (about 18" away).

Temp is stable at 75F
Humidity at 35-40%.

Once the plants are big enough I will be transplanting into 10Gal pots w/ supersoil...

in the mean time, has anyone seen deficiencies like these with Roots Organic Soil?
Need help diagnosing deficiency seedsman white widow

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi all,

Just started a grow with some freebie Whitewidow seeds from seedsman. Right now they're about 3 weeks into veg in Roots Original organic soil. I'm watering with R.O. water.. just barely transplanted from solo cups to bigger pots. about 3 or 4 days after the transplant I topped them at the 5th node. Now the new growth after topping on one of the plants looks like its showing deficiencies already.

All plants had wind burn early on from a fan that was blowing too much on them. I haven't yet taken a pH reading from the soil because I dont want to over water. Will be doing that i'm guessing in the next few days.

Light is 1200W (660W actual pull) COB LED (about 18" away).

Temp is stable at 75F
Humidity at 35-40%.

Once the plants are big enough I will be transplanting into 10Gal pots w/ supersoil...

in the mean time, has anyone seen deficiencies like these with Roots Organic Soil? View attachment 748434
They may have been running out of minerals/nutes from the solo cups. Now that they are in new shoes wait a week to see if it clears up. Keep in mind you may want to supplement some mag and C since you using RO water. RO is stripped of almost all minerals. That may have contributed. But I would relax and wait for the roots to start drawing from your fresh soil from the uppotting

0x99

They may have been running out of minerals/nutes from the solo cups. Now that they are in new shoes wait a week to see if it clears up. Keep in mind you may want to supplement some mag and C since you using RO water. RO is stripped of almost all minerals. That may have contributed. But I would relax and wait for the roots to start drawing from your fresh soil from the uppotting

Awesome Thanks for the reply man.

do you know how much cal/mag to put per gallon of RO water for roots organic soil and how often? pretty new to soil & organics etc.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome Thanks for the reply man.

do you know how much cal/mag to put per gallon of RO water for roots organic soil and how often? pretty new to soil & organics etc.
1 teaspoon per gallon. and stop using it once your into flower as calimag calmag and others have N in the mix and once you are in flower you want the plant to scavenge its N from the stored supplies in the leaves.

I use it in veg every other watering should suffice.I stop once in flower. Once in flower I supply C via NFTG Demeters Destiny

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

My phone isn't the greatest but looks like rapid growth to me.

0x99

Hi all, just an update. Sprinkled a little bit of dolomite lime on top to buffer pH higher and add Cal/mag. pH was at 6.2 when I checked during last water.

Looking like lower growth is showing deficiency ina couple of the phenos: any idea? Wondering if this is because they're shaded and not getting a lot of light from these COB LED lights. Seems like light penetration with led isn't as good... Although these realdro cob LEDs are bright AF!

IMG 20171013 115939
IMG 20171013 115916

0x99

Hi all, bumping this thread because I'm now 3 days into flower after a 63 day veg and noticing that the leaf tips are all still yellowing. Hoping its not too late to correct this if something is wrong. Since I started using compost tea and bringing my soil to 'life' with microorganisms, they seem extremely healthy except for the tips still. At first I thought this was a Cal/Mg issue (still could be?) but I top dressed some dolomite lime and i'm still seeing the new growth with this deficiency/toxicity.

Right now they're in 10Gal pots, but even the clones that are 3 weeks old (in about 3gal of soil) are seeing the same issue. I cant figure this out. Also just fyi I stopped adding cal/mg because I read it was likely killing off my beneficial organisms and tried going the organic route... so right now this is 100% organic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG 20171122 182955

Latest posts

Top Bottom