Need help diagnosing leaf symptoms on these two since switching to flower

• Thread starter Noman02000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noman02000

Noman02000

Hi All...

Still pretty new to growing (2nd grow) and getting a little worried. I was doing some LST because of the low height on the tent but stopped to minimize stress factors.

Symptoms:
Spots, yellowing and twisting in middle of leaf since I switched over to flowering. Worried that it's nute burn but can't quite tell. It seems to be the worst near the edges of the light.

Thinking it could be wind, light or maybe humidity issues? The RH has been fluctuating a lot in the area but it's generally in the 60 range. Was in the 70s a few days ago and dropped to 55 at some points.

Not sure how to help them.

Strain - og kush and Blue Dream
Medium - coco
Light - sandalwood LED
Fertilizer- general hydroponics
Pot - 3 gal fabric pot

Any help is really appreciated

20220517_172129.jpg
20220517_172117.jpg
20220517_172135.jpg

20220512_103259.jpg

Need help diagnosing leaf symptoms on these two since switching to flower 4
Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It doesn't look like nute burn. Possibly a potassium (K) problem. I would think lockout or some kind of interference, rather than the lack of the nutrient.

I can't tell you what to do. I have no experience with coco. Hopefully someone with coco experience will jump in here.

Noman02000

Noman02000

It doesn't look like nute burn. Possibly a potassium (K) problem. I would think lockout or some kind of interference, rather than the lack of the nutrient.

I can't tell you what to do. I have no experience with coco. Hopefully someone with coco experience will jump in here.
Thanks so much for input. I thought it could be a deficiency but hadn't considered lockout. I'll check out some causes and remedies for it to see if it's maybe something in my setup or watering.

Noman02000

Noman02000

Hi All,
Been seeing slow growth during flowering stage (about 5.5 weeks in) but can't figure out what's wrong.

Using general hydroponics and was following the ratios but thought I saw signs of burn.

Tried 2/3 nutrient ration but still don't seem to be as healthy as I'd hope.

Any idea what it might be and how I can save these babies. Getting really worried that it might be something serious and I'll lose them.

Appreciate any help.

Info:
Og kush and Blue Dream (about 5.5 into flowering stage)
Coco coir
Fabric pots
Sandalwood led
Gen hydroponics

20220704 175425 remastered

20220704 175527 remastered

20220704 180224 remastered
hippiebutter

hippiebutter

I had the same problem before and never figured it out. I can't wait to see what better growers think is wrong.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What make and model is that light and how close to the plants is it?

What size containers and ratio of perlite?

How often and how much do you water?

Ppm and PH of nutrients in and out?

Noman02000

Noman02000

What make and model is that light and how close to the plants is it?

What size containers and ratio of perlite?

How often and how much do you water?

Ppm and PH of nutrients in and out?
Sandalwood led (D14140008 12LED Grow Light NEW Fba New)

Gallon fabric pots w/ Uncle Bud's Coco and Perlite Potting Mix (not sure the ratio)

I water until I get runoff and usually have to do time every three days or so.

Not able to measure ppm right not but ph my water to 6-6.2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How high is the light? Definitely to much light for their health right now sobid back it up a bit

You are WAAAY under watering and likely have a large buildup of nutrients.

That explains the shiny waxy look.

Dont treat coco like soil. Read this.

Noman02000

Noman02000

How high is the light? Definitely to much light for their health right now sobid back it up a bit

You are WAAAY under watering and likely have a large buildup of nutrients.

That explains the shiny waxy look.

Dont treat coco like soil. Read this.

Ok. I'll raise the light and take a look at the link and see how they respond. Thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom