Need Help Diagnosing Plant Who Has Sprouted 5 Days Ago But Still Only Has 2 Cotyledons

• Thread starter RickAlm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RickAlm

Hello, my first post here.
I've recently planted 2 seeds that i germinated on cup + paper towel.
1 of them sprout out on the first day and is really healthy the other sprouted on the second day.
It's now day number 5 the first plant is very healthy

Need help diagnosing plant who has sprouted 5 days ago but still only has 2 cotyledons

However the second plant still only has the 2 Cotyledons, and a mark the size of a ball in one of them, i am a bit worried.

Need help diagnosing plant who has sprouted 5 days ago but still only has 2 cotyledons 2

I have seen no progress on this plant so far.

They have been in a 4x4 tent with a 100w light 30 cm above them, i keep half of a water bottle on top of them to create humidity and i water them with a sprayer when i feel like the earth is dry wich is not often maybe once a day a few sprays.

Appreciate the help!

R

RickAlm

Update, i made this post with pictures from this morning, 1 of the cotyledon fell off and the other one has a tiny hole the size of the needle on it
Is the plant gone ?
I think some pest must have come with the soil i took of the garden sadly :/
20220328 2202171

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Sometimes seeds just stop growing. It happens more often in soil with poor aeration and drainage. Try mixing in some perlite and water less often. Make sure you have enough drainage holes in the bottom of your cup.

TSD

TSD

You need to dial in your environment. An open water bottle and random spraying is not proper humidity, new seedlings need high humidity, all stages need some sort of consistency. What is your medium? I don't see anything for aeration in the soil. Check out Aqua Man's thread on how to water properly.

R

RickAlm

You need to dial in your environment. An open water bottle and random spraying is not proper humidity, new seedlings need high humidity, all stages need some sort of consistency. What is your medium? I don't see anything for aeration in the soil. Check out Aqua Man's thread on how to water properly.
I don't have much to work with right now soil is from the garden outside not mixed with anything else, the water bottle is like the lower half with a few needle punctures for air i read online it helped with humidity since i don't have a humidifier

R

RickAlm

The leaves aren't supposed to be wet. probably over watered since your new to this plants love a dryback.
Thanks for the tip, the first one is wet in the picture because i sprayed it from far away, won't do that again i'm new to this thing thanks for the help

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Looks like your misting them, don't do that, allso don't see perlite in your mix, use a mix ment for weed like fox farms or pro mix, allso a good bean will germinate in 24 hours and pop in 48 a 72 hour or 3 day process. Here are a few seedlings 14 days from sprout.

20220328 081332
20220328 085345
Top Bottom