Need help figuring out if its cold floor or deficiency?

• Thread starter Leelandgrow3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

So thiese are my five babys and they all seem to have a problem

Need help figuring out if its cold floor or deficiency
Need help figuring out if its cold floor or deficiency 2
Need help figuring out if its cold floor or deficiency 3
Need help figuring out if its cold floor or deficiency 4
Need help figuring out if its cold floor or deficiency 5
Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Waiting for other plant to get done in a week or two to move them up stairs

Growbekenobi

Growbekenobi

How cold is the room getting? Also when I had thick leathery leaves l iij ke that it was from over watering

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Well it is in a cold basement temp not sure worried about flowering plant upstairs that tent has humidity and temp gauge and as far as water its moist in my basement so haven't watered in like a week cause top soil wont dry up and also think lights dont put out enough heat to dry soil out deficiency not over watering I can tell u that I was thinking maybe root shock from cold ass basement floor I move them off the ground tho

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

But I do have a dehumidifier running down there constantly

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Your plants look pretty healthy in general but I think you would benefit from higher light levels and bumping up the temps a little... maybe even lifting them off the floor by 1/4 inch will keepthings warmer if the floor is sucking the heat out of the room. Plants rely on ambient tems to help with growth, especially the roots. The warmer the roots, to a degree, the better things grow. Obviously you don't want the soil hot, but if you can get it into the mid 60s, you are good to go. Cool roots are fine, but cold or hot roots aren't happy. I think this is why some hydro growers heat their liquids (I use Promix, so I can't comment from experience). Leaf tip clawing usually means excess nitrogen, but cold temps can cause some issues as well. I would try to warm root area if possible, increase the light if possible, and let them ride to see how they respond. Lighting has always made the biggest effect on my grows. Once I got the light worked out, I never had problems afterwards.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Did you mix or ammend your soil?
Now that u say that I used some older solid that had some left over roots in it I got as many out as I could see could be alot of things and they are in 5 gallon bucks how hard would it be to transplant my big indica plant is okay but the other ones idk

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Yeah I put it in a big tote and sniffed thru it with my hands and only newts I added is what's added with the water fox farm grow big I do have another led that will be here tomorrow cause the lights I'm using are definitely not producing the plants as lush as my viparspectra upstairs so I ordered another one tonight and some panda film to wrap tent up cause it's a homemade tent that needed rewrapped

BigCube

BigCube

If you're worried about cold floors, you an always used cheap follar store foam floor mats to insulate them. Also increased air flow could possibly help with water evaporation.

Barring all that, a small oil type portable heater would work wonders.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Temp and RH?

First and foremost the pots are a little big for those plants. That’s one reason the soil is staying wetter. The other may be lack of transpiration. Report your temp and RH and we can tell you. I like a VPD of 1.5+ in veg and 2.0 in flowering to keep the micro nutrients mobilized. When your plant stops transpiring these are the first nutrients to get left behind.

Immobile nutrients can only be delivered through moisture moving through out the plant. The plant can’t borrow these from other parts of the plant the way it can mobile nutrients.

Last edited:
Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Temp and RH?

First and foremost the pots are a little big for those plants. That’s one reason the soil is staying wetter. The other may be lack of transpiration. Report your temp and RH and we can tell you. I like a VPD of 1.5+ in veg and 2.0 in flowering to keep the micro nutrients mobilized. When your plant stops transpiring these are the first nutrients to get left behind.

Immobile nutrients can only be delivered through moisture moving through out the plant. The plant can’t borrow these from other parts of the plant the way it can mobile nutrients.
I have to get another gauge for that tent I have only the one In my flowering tent so I will have to get one today

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Pretty small for being outside for a month and inside under crappy lighting now under a new viparspectra 600w for 4 day seem not to well they like the light but they might be okay I see growth but temps 68 and up to 78

20190916 124050
20190916 124056
20190916 124114
20190916 124119
20190916 124133
20190916 124145
Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

@az2000 @BigCube @Seraphine @MIMedGrower temp get to 78 day night with light still on drops to 68 to 70 and I do have them off floor

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

They dont get water that much maybe once a week except small pot once its really light I water like every three day

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

RH is 50 to 60 and temp is 78 day and when it gets night out my basement temp drops so the tent drops to like 70 4 hours before lights out

Latest posts

Top Bottom