Need help from the pros! (Design, Barn Box, Sealed Grow)

• Thread starter clamchoda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

clamchoda

Hello! This if my first post here, nice to meet you all. I have been lurking around for a while and am getting very close to the development phase of my project. Really hoping some of you with experience can point out some flaws in my approach.

I am a medical patient in Canada and with our recent legalization prices have skyrocketed at the LP. It's really time we should all be growing our own medicine here!

My designated grower has a very well built barn - no breeze but no insulation. My plan is to build a very well insulated and temperature controlled air tight box inside of the barn.

All of the mini split companies (extreme ambient units) I've talked to claim this should be no problem maintaining flower temperatures all year round especially with the help of lights - but then again they would also really like to sell a mini split!

I am planning on building the picture I've included. The mini split A/C will not pull or push air outside the room, only recycle air within the room. It will be very well insulated (as air tight as possible) and have a breeze barrier to prevent the air from quickly escaping the room when entering. I have a few questions hoping those with experience can help out.
  1. Is this setup logical? I'm trying to achieve something like this.
  2. From the research I've done, since the room is completely sealed off I will need to provide CO2 on a timer. Is this correct?
  3. The Mini Split claims to dehumidify at 1L per hour. Should I still expect to need a standalone dehumidifier?
  4. Is there some type of sealant anyone has experience with that is safe for my plants?
If any of you can pick on some of my concerns or highlight some obvious things I've missed that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much

P.S. The height will be between 10ft - 12ft tall it does not say in picture. The lights are 1500w LED at the wall and supposed to be equivalent to 3000w. I'm trying to leave a little expansion for light cooling in case I need more. Another thing the picture does not show is that the exhaust for the mini split would be strapped on the outside of the barn.

Barn has 30 Amp 240V service. Will be split into two 15A 240V breaker.
  1. First 15A breaker: Mini split uses 640W 3.8 A, requires minimum 9A breaker.
  2. Second 15A breaker: All lights totaling ~1440w 8.4A
  3. Was hoping to use the spare amperage for additional dehu / fans.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Any updates to this?

Top Bottom