Need Help Identifying Pest Damage and Nutrient Deficiencies - Roots Organic Dry Nutrients - Greenhouse/Outdoor - Hawai'i

• Thread starter Paka.Grow.Kona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Paka.Grow.Kona

Paka.Grow.Kona

Hi folks,

I need help determining what is ailing my plants. I have attached 4 photos of leaves recently pruned.

Here is some info about my grow

I have 10 plants in veg in a tent, and 3 plants (strain - GMO) under sun in flower:
Greenhouse Grown in Big Island, Hawaii

Flowering Plants:
starting week 4 flower Sunday 6/5/22
using Roots Organic Dry Nutrient line
Roots Lush Soil, fortified with Big Worm castings, seabird/super phos guanos, Terp Tea Bloom brewed overnight 1x a week
*We had an accidental major soil flush due to irrigation malfunction overnight two weeks ago.* Re-fortifying with dry nutes and teas mentioned above

Weekly Treatments
Regalia P.M. control (soil + foliar)
Monterey B.T. foliar
Bee Safe Foliar

Observations:
flooding mentioned above
ants in soil
small black specks on underside of leaves with white speckles on top
probable infection from pruning on some stems, with yellowing/wilting/stunted growth - cut at base and sprayed hydrogen peroxide and taped over site with electrical tape

Anyone with experience growing in Hawaii I would really appreciate your input.

Shoots!

Need help identifying pest damage and nutrient deficiencies   roots organic dry nutrients   gr
Need help identifying pest damage and nutrient deficiencies   roots organic dry nutrients   gr 2
Need help identifying pest damage and nutrient deficiencies   roots organic dry nutrients   gr 3
Need help identifying pest damage and nutrient deficiencies   roots organic dry nutrients   gr 4
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think they need a PK boost. The white shit — I can't guess. Maybe brew the bloom tea stronger. If these are all leaves from very low on the plants, you might opt to do nothing. Hard to tell without a pic of the whole plant.

Roots also has a "bloom booster" tea, which has very enhanced levels of K (potassium). I'm going to try it this grow.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I think they need a PK boost. The white shit — I can't guess. Maybe brew the bloom tea stronger. If these are all leaves from very low on the plants, you might opt to do nothing. Hard to tell without a pic of the whole plant.

Roots also has a "bloom booster" tea, which has very enhanced levels of K (potassium). I'm going to try it this grow.
I use Roots Organic Terp Teas line ... I also usually brew it up like you're doing. However, it also can be used as a top dressing or premixed into your soil. The flexibility is nice.

The discoloration might be due to the flooding issue, but I would be looking at both those black spots and white spots under magnification to see what all you're seeing up close. Look at both front and back of the leaves.

P.S. Bloom Booster Terp Tea is an outstanding product. I use many of the products in their line-up.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I use Roots Organic Terp Teas line ... I also usually brew it up like you're doing. However, it also can be used as a top dressing or premixed into your soil. The flexibility is nice.

The discoloration might be due to the flooding issue, but I would be looking at both those black spots and white spots under magnification to see what all you're seeing up close. Look at both front and back of the leaves.

P.S. Bloom Booster Terp Tea is an outstanding product. I use many of the products in their line-up.
I agree on their Terp Tea line. Their soils (707 and Lush) are also very good. Lush for minimal input growing (until tea time in flower) and 707 is great for seedlings and cuts, for a couple of weeks.

Their organic liquid nute line is way too complicated, IMO.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I agree on their Terp Tea line. Their soils (707 and Lush) are also very good. Lush for minimal input growing (until tea time in flower) and 707 is great for seedlings and cuts, for a couple of weeks.

I try to stay away from liquid nutes ... dry goes further and has a much longer shelf life. Prior to using Roots Organic Terp Tea line, I was using Botanicare's liquid organic line. I liked Botanicare too other than it was liquid. Over the long haul, the liquids were more expensive to use. This is usually the case no matter what nutrient line a person chooses.

Paka.Grow.Kona

Paka.Grow.Kona

thank you, I will take photos of leaves still on the plants next time.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I love roots organic master program!!
Once you correspond the schedule to a calendar and only apply at 1mil per gallon it's actually not too bad. Just expensive a.f

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I like "Roots " products but the "terp tea" green/veg is foul as hell if arated as instructed
Good luck with it & would love to hear how it works 4 ya

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I try to stay away from liquid nutes ... dry goes further and has a much longer shelf life. Prior to using Roots Organic Terp Tea line, I was using Botanicare's liquid organic line. I liked Botanicare too other than it was liquid. Over the long haul, the liquids were more expensive to use. This is usually the case no matter what nutrient line a person chooses.
I'd like to tell yall about "Lotus" dry nutes program!! Looks very interesting & enticing!
Yall gotta look at this other brand too!!
It is liquid!
4nutes
I'm liking what I see, rather expensive but HIGHLY concentrated. As the direct 1mil/4liters
Personally I'll cut that in half w thee ol pipettes

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I like "Roots " products but the "terp tea" green/veg is foul as hell if arated as instructed
Good luck with it & would love to hear how it works 4 ya
I've aerated the "Green Terp Tea" many times. It turns the water brown, and the aeration forms a "brine." @SmokinJo421 by "foul" are you saying it smells? To me, the worst smelling in dry form is the blue bag "Microbe Blast."

All of them smell like fishy lake water during the brew process and when you're using it.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I've aerated the "Green Terp Tea" many times. It turns the water brown, and the aeration forms a "brine." @SmokinJo421 by "foul" are you saying it smells? To me, the worst smelling in dry form is the blue bag "Microbe Blast."

All of them smell like fishy lake water during the brew process and when you're using it.
As a general rule of thumb I was to the understanding that "whatever" is being brewed starts to smell "bad" not to use it.
I've never used the blue bag, but was curious as it's fairly priced!!
Now the smell didn't start till aftr the 24th hour of brewing. I accidentally left a 1/4 gallon of tea/water mixed just over night.
I regret ever opening that jug.
If a fish could shit itself was about what I experienced.🤢🤮

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

As a general rule of thumb I was to the understanding that "whatever" is being brewed starts to smell "bad" not to use it.
I've never used the blue bag, but was curious as it's fairly priced!!
Now the smell didn't start till aftr the 24th hour of brewing. I accidentally left a 1/4 gallon of tea/water mixed just over night.
I regret ever opening that jug.
If a fish could shit itself was about what I experienced.🤢🤮
The blue bag is essentially Roots Organic's version of "Recharge" only for a whole lot less money. I've been using it for a while and I've been very happy with the results.

Lots of organic dry nutes smell bad in dry form. They're usually far less smelly when mixed. My fishy lake water smelling tea isn't overly offensive at all.

Ever smell Fish Head Farms "Fish Shit?" Now that shit stinks.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
These teas are teaming with living micro organisms that you are multiplying like crazy when aerating. Have to use them immediately. And rinse out the container when finished. Without aeration they die and decompose. I use recharge quite a bit, and left some overnight in a jug. Within 24 hours stank bad enough to gag a maggot! I always apply the teas to the soil, then a little freshwater on top to wash it in just to be on the safe side. Tees are fun to fuck with!

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

These teas are teaming with living micro organisms that you are multiplying like crazy when aerating. Have to use them immediately. And rinse out the container when finished. Without aeration they die and decompose. I use recharge quite a bit, and left some overnight in a jug. Within 24 hours stank bad enough to gag a maggot! I always apply the teas to the soil, then a little freshwater on top to wash it in just to be on the safe side. Tees are fun to fuck with!
That's funny as hell bro
I did that same thing w the green roots terp tea

Top Bottom