• Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bmack8200

Need help identifying plant issue

Need help identifying plant issue 2
Need help identifying plant issue 3
Need help identifying plant issue 4

Flipped into flower and found this day 2. Humidity is 50%, ppfd is 400, ph is 5.8, rm temp is 78. I use Athena blended fed using trol master and Dab pump. No issues until I Flipped into flower

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Growing in coco. Mother Earth with perlite. Using a drip feed system.
ok, not my area of greatness haha, i agree with above as light stress/burn but i feel something else is wrong too,
i’ll tag @Aqua Man as he’s a master with coco and he’ll be able to get you on the right path quickly..
so wait for him to reply..
back off the lights in the mean time or set the plant/s further away..

B

Bmack8200

Thats light burn, my friend
I'm using Fluence Spydr 2i lights. Decent distance from the plants. I'll dial them back a bit. Right my meter says 400umol at roughly 2 ft from the tops. Trol master set at 25% which normally works with past grows. Thanks you for taking the time to look at this.

B

Bmack8200

ok, not my area of greatness haha, i agree with above as light stress/burn but i feel something else is wrong too,
i’ll tag @Aqua Man as he’s a master with coco and he’ll be able to get you on the right path quickly..
so wait for him to reply..
back off the lights in the mean time or set the plant/s further away..
Thank you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You have root issues… could be rot, ph issues, pest damage and likely watering is an issue.

As @GNick55 said back the light off because when plants are sick they tolerate less light and giving them more than they can hadle when they are not healthy will only make your issues worse faster.

Scope the media for gnats or root aphids and inspect the leaves for mites… to see russet mites you will need a scope they are very tiny and for root aphids too.

Can you explain how much of what your mixing and in what order?

List all nutrients and additives used including ph adjusters

The ph your feeding?

How often and how much you are feeding?

The pot size?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The more i look the more it says russet mites but still could just as easily be root issues

B

Bmack8200

You have root issues… could be rot, ph issues, pest damage and likely watering is an issue.

As @GNick55 said back the light off because when plants are sick they tolerate less light and giving them more than they can hadle when they are not healthy will only make your issues worse faster.

Scope the media for gnats or root aphids and inspect the leaves for mites… to see russet mites you will need a scope they are very tiny and for root aphids too.

Can you explain how much of what your mixing and in what order?

List all nutrients and additives used including ph adjusters

The ph your feeding?

How often and how much you are feeding?

The pot size?
I scope the plants weekly with a 100x Dino scope. No bugs. Inuse Athena Blended line. I mix cal mag first, bloom A the B. Ph I feed at is 5.8. Humidity is controlled using a quest unit...The drip system is set to feed every hour for 1m. I use a Dab pump with trol master controls. AquaX/hydroX. Pot size is the flora flex 2 gal pots... In veg the plants looked great. Lights were off for 24hrs, Flipped to 12/12 then almost right away this started happening. I've grown for almost 5 years and never had anything like this in the past. The room is completely sealed with no exposure to pets, people etc. I even shower before entering my room everytime.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I scope the plants weekly with a 100x Dino scope. No bugs. Inuse Athena Blended line. I mix cal mag first, bloom A the B. Ph I feed at is 5.8. Humidity is controlled using a quest unit...The drip system is set to feed every hour for 1m. I use a Dab pump with trol master controls. AquaX/hydroX. Pot size is the flora flex 2 gal pots... In veg the plants looked great. Lights were off for 24hrs, Flipped to 12/12 then almost right away this started happening. I've grown for almost 5 years and never had anything like this in the past. The room is completely sealed with no exposure to pets, people etc. I even shower before entering my room everytime.
Ok need to be more specific how much volume wise is 1min and how much run off?

What brand of coco? Is there any perlite?

What brand of ph down?

What ppm of nutrients?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your issues would have started before flip… the symptoms they are exhibiting are likely from 4-10 days ago. Did you do anything in that time period like a treatment or other?

B

Bmack8200

Ok need to be more specific how much volume wise is 1min and how much run off?

What brand of coco? Is there any perlite?

What brand of ph down?

What ppm of nutrients?
Mother earth with perlite is what i use, inl use RO water and need to use ph up after mixing nutrients in my rez. I use advance nutrients ph up and down. Ppm in week one flower is 650. I use athena light feeding schedule. In past grows it has worked well with little to no tip burn. I would have measure the volume when the lights come on tonight to get you an exact amount. Small amount of run off. Volume of runoff is unknown.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Mother earth with perlite is what i use, inl use RO water and need to use ph up after mixing nutrients in my rez. I use advance nutrients ph up and down. Ppm in week one flower is 650. I use athena light feeding schedule. In past grows it has worked well with little to no tip burn. I would have measure the volume when the lights come on tonight to get you an exact amount. Small amount of run off. Volume of runoff is unknown.
What is the ph and ppm of runoff? This will tell alot.

The ph sounds like it maybe unstable.

Use the PH up first then nutrients and finally ph down last. You should be establishing a stable ph using a buffer and ph up can be used as a buffer. You dont want to use a PH down with the source of acid being citric acid as that reacts with bicarbonate and off gasses as co2 cause large ph swings from whats going in to the root zone and whats coming out

Have a peak here

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

See how yellow the middle is… thats a micro deficiency and can be caused by ph in the rootzone not necessarily what your putting in. I can almost promise you are getting fluctuating ph between whats going in and out. But you have several deficiencies showing and the damaged leaves in the pic you show are indicative of root damage of some sort. Ph is likely part of it

Last edited:
B

Bmack8200

What is the ph and ppm of runoff? This will tell alot.

The ph sounds like it maybe unstable.

Use the PH up first then nutrients and finally ph down last. You should be establishing a stable ph using a buffer and ph up can be used as a buffer. You dont want to use a PH down with the source of acid being citric acid as that reacts with bicarbonate and off gasses as co2 cause large ph swings from whats going in to the root zone and whats coming out

Have a peak here

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking time to help me out. I will post my ppm and ph runoff tonight when the lights come back on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Speaking specifically on the micro im talking about is iron but it extends beyond just that

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Before you change your mixing to add ph up as a buffer you should know that after adding the PH up to RO water you will need to PH it down to 6.5ish before adding nutrients to ensure you dont cause precipitation. This is where PH is not only important when feeding but also when mixing nutrients

Top Bottom