Need Help Identifying Plant/Leaf Issue...

• Thread starter crossfader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Also stop florist feeding with Epson salts just by some Cal Mag add it to every water just 1ml per gallon or less and you'll be golden. Epson salts is garbage you shouldn't need to be spraying with it ever. Only time you need to foliar feed is if your locked out and deficient in something and you have to flush then you foliar feed to correct the deficiency.
Agee! Foliar feeding should not be done IMO

Moshmen

Moshmen

I'm just happy I read that molasses can cause a pH drop...I'm pretty confident that's where I fkd up. Also happy I top dressed with dolomite lime last week too, that should help bring the pH back to normal although I don't know how long that will take.
Couple weeks

Moshmen

Moshmen

Also stop florist feeding with Epson salts just by some Cal Mag add it to every water just 1ml per gallon or less and you'll be golden. Epson salts is garbage you shouldn't need to be spraying with it ever. Only time you need to foliar feed is if your locked out and deficient in something and you have to flush then you foliar feed to correct the deficiency.
Epsom is useful just when and where

RookieBC

RookieBC

Get a PH tester and test everything going in and out and you'll see where your problem is. Far more efficient to buy CalMag then spray with salts a build up of Epson salts in your medium would be 4oxic to any plant

Homesteader

Homesteader

I'm just happy I read that molasses can cause a pH drop...I'm pretty confident that's where I fkd up. Also happy I top dressed with dolomite lime last week too, that should help bring the pH back to normal although I don't know how long that will take.
Yeah top dressing with lime nevers ends well IMO. Gypsum on the other hand if fine to topdress with.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Get a PH tester and test everything going in and out and you'll see where your problem is. Far more efficient to buy CalMag then spray with salts a build up of Epson salts in your medium would be 4oxic to any plant

Using CalMag is not much different than using epsom salt and gypsum other than a boost of Nitrogen and $$$. Also Magnesium sulfate leaches so a flush of water would clear your medium. CalMag won't do this until the magnesium bonds with free sulfate, which it will and create.......epsom salt

RookieBC

RookieBC

Using CalMag is not much different than using epsom salt and gypsum other than a boost of Nitrogen and $$$. Also Magnesium sulfate leaches so a flush of water would clear your medium. CalMag won't do this until the magnesium bonds with free sulfate.

I use CalMag because when used in combination with nutrient solutions Cal-Mag Plus functions as a catalyst to increase the uptake of essential minerals. Since I started using it I've never had a deficiency or been locked out and before I used it every feed and water when I would have a problem CalMag would fix it. Granted I need to use it now as I added Coco to my growing medium with Sphagnum Peat Moss, perlite, vermiculite, castings and a splash of dol lime

Homesteader

Homesteader

I use CalMag because when used in combination with nutrient solutions Cal-Mag Plus functions as a catalyst to increase the uptake of essential minerals. Since I started using it I've never had a deficiency or been locked out and before I used it every feed and water when I would have a problem CalMag would fix it. Granted I need to use it now as I added Coco to my growing medium with Sphagnum Peat Moss, perlite, vermiculite, castings and a splash of dol lime
That catalyst is magnesium and calcium. Both are essential and in qtys much higher than most think. (calcium in particular) Dry weight analysis shows 10-15% of the leafy part of the plant is calcium. Magnesium isn't needed in such high qty but needs to be available 24/7 for building veg and flower. When root tips dry the cannot get either though.

RookieBC

RookieBC

That catalyst is magnesium and calcium. Both are essential and in qtys much higher than most think. (calcium in particular) Dry weight analysis shows 10-15% of the leafy part of the plant is calcium. Magnesium isn't needed in such high qty but needs to be available 24/7 for building veg and flower. When root tips dry the cannot get either though.
Yeah and you have to use CalMag when growing in Coco due to the Cation Exchange as Coco is full of Cation Exchange sites and the normal amount of Ca/Mg the plant would get from tap water instead binds with the Cation sites on the Coco and isn't readily available to the plants. The cation exchange sites in coco naturally come loaded with sodium (Na) and potassium (K) cations. However, the sites have a weak hold on the Na and K cations. In the presence of calcium (Ca) or magnesium (Mg), the sites will release their Na or K cations and lock onto the Ca or Mg. Once the cation exchange sites in coco have locked on to Ca or Mg, they are “buffered” and stay stable

Also LED lights seems to cause Mag deficiency I can't remember what the science is but google it if you want to know

Moshmen

Moshmen

Cal mag is used differently in everyone’s grow - I’ll add- use with caution to much can be bad

personally my tap water runs around 2-220 ppm and has plenty

Latest posts

Top Bottom