Need help identifying thc ripeness.

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

Hi there, first grow. I have four girls two of which are around I believe week six (were outside started flowering while I was away)
Now have moved indoors for remainder.

anyway, I’m having a hard time distinguishing white from clear trichomes..
I have a Viviosun 30x 60x 90x and haven’t figured out how to use it very well either.
it seems I need my eye right up to the 90x and my face smashed into the bud to see anything with the tiny scope.

Any advice on making this a little easier or how to use this scope properly?
First photo is as close as I can get without loosing focus.

Thanks, Blake

Need help identifying thc ripeness
Need help identifying thc ripeness 2
Waldo1913

Waldo1913

Hi there, first grow. I have four girls two of which are around I believe week six (were outside started flowering while I was away)
Now have moved indoors for remainder.

anyway, I’m having a hard time distinguishing white from clear trichomes..
I have a Viviosun 30x 60x 90x and haven’t figured out how to use it very well either.
it seems I need my eye right up to the 90x and my face smashed into the bud to see anything with the tiny scope.

Any advice on making this a little easier or how to use this scope properly?
First photo is as close as I can get without loosing focus.

Thanks, Blake
30× and 60@× works fine for me. Are you using a microscope? I have a twin loupe. Nice grow man. Good luck. I'm sure you will get the hang of it

Blakeja

Blakeja

30× and 60@× works fine for me. Are you using a microscope? I have a twin loupe. Nice grow man. Good luck. I'm sure you will get the hang of it

Thank you for taking the time to respond. No microscope, just a very small lens at 90x and 60x is not much bigger. Maybe 1.5 cm at best? How do you determine percentage of Amber? Based on what your looking at? Say I see ten thricomes and one is amber that’s 10% amber? Or is this a percentage as a plant as a whole? Or is that the same equation on a larger scale..? 🤯

Latest posts

Top Bottom