Need help... issues coming or just over worried grower

• Thread starter SntWick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Yea I had a heck of a time with my plants in miracle gro potting soil, I wonder how much of a root base yours has yet. maybe you can do a transplant and lightly remove extra of the current medium and put it in better soil like I keep hearing about ocean forest is good soil, then there's promix which is basically a soil less medium so there's no nutrition in it or minimal if any. It's sphagnum moss and perlite and some mycorrhizae and somethin else I don't recall lol but that promix is what I use

Newbie27

Newbie27

Yea I had a heck of a time with my plants in miracle gro potting soil, I wonder how much of a root base yours has yet. maybe you can do a transplant and lightly remove extra of the current medium and put it in better soil like I keep hearing about ocean forest is good soil, then there's promix which is basically a soil less medium so there's no nutrition in it or minimal if any. It's sphagnum moss and perlite and some mycorrhizae and somethin else I don't recall lol but that promix is what I use
So a flush wouldnt work?

Newbie27

Newbie27

Jus monitor , if it is curling the leaf and burning the tips, I would flush it. Depending on the size of you need to transplant in the future . I’d transplant into a diff soil with the proper npk ratio
Is my npk ratio not proper?

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

It's still gonna be a tough grow even after a flush or four lol I'd switch if possible without hurting the roots too much

Last edited:
Newbie27

Newbie27

I will be buying some pro mix and trying to tranplant but its inside of a 5 gallon pot already 😳

SntWick

SntWick

I will be buying some pro mix and trying to tranplant but its inside of a 5 gallon pot already 😳
How big is the plant. Look up YouTube videos on how to properly transplant. I usually water. And then flip it upside down. The loose dirt that does not have roots usually.falls off and you will have a rootball. You can shake it lightly and then transplant.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Agreed on using better soil, but digging it up and transplanting it will cause a lot of stress as well. Maybe get the new media and just start another seed and grow them both out. Try starting the next one in a plastic cup, then go to a 1 gal then a 5 gal.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Your overwatering like previous growers said.
Aim for 20% runoff next time and measure ppm and ph. Might take a few days to dry miracle grow out with a plant that small.
Your fine.👌
Mr. G

Newbie27

Newbie27

Your overwatering like previous growers said.
Aim for 20% runoff next time and measure ppm and ph. Might take a few days to dry miracle grow out with a plant that small.
Your fine.👌
Mr. G
No its def a mag def because its on the lower leaves i forgot to grab cal mag smh. Spent 80 bucks on bloom and veg nutes and Forgot CALMAG SMH

Newbie27

Newbie27

Agreed on using better soil, but digging it up and transplanting it will cause a lot of stress as well. Maybe get the new media and just start another seed and grow them both out. Try starting the next one in a plastic cup, then go to a 1 gal then a 5 gal.
I FIGURED IT WOULD GROW BETTER AND BIGGER IN ITS HOME FROM SPROUT INSTEAD OF SMALLER THEN BiGGER 1 MAYBE I WAS WRONG?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I FIGURED IT WOULD GROW BETTER AND BIGGER IN ITS HOME FROM SPROUT INSTEAD OF SMALLER THEN BiGGER 1 MAYBE I WAS WRONG?

Both can work, but its much easier to overwater when you have a small plant in a big container.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Thanks, just get worried like a parent lol. I had started nutrients too early I’m guessing and then I had to flush to not actually hurt the plant so maybe back to back watering did it.
You are likely overwatering it. There is no need to be fertilizing this plant for some time. More plants die from love than neglect. Less is more.

SntWick

SntWick

You are likely overwatering it. There is no need to be fertilizing this plant for some time. More plants die from love than neglect. Less is more.
Figured that. Yeah I tested ph in soil, fertilizing it threw it way out of wack. I transplanted into new soil. Earthworm casting blend with blood and bone meal. To promote root growth I dipped roots into hormone considering I had to mess with root ball. Ph was way off . Thanks a lot yall

Top Bottom