Need Help ! Led Grow Lights

• Thread starter BlackWidower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlackWidower

Hey guys, I'm setting up my first grow room, previously had a little grow tent but I'm upsizing. The dimensions of the room is 9ft x 9ft and 7ft high. Basically I am outfitting the room with 800W LED grow lamps with the output equivalent to an 1000W HID grow lamp. How many should I put in the room ? Also suggestions on spacing (eg how many plants I could fit for maximum harvest without overcrowding) would be appreciated!! Thanks guys

LI grows

LI grows

I would suggest many smaller lights otherwise youre looking at probably only 2 maybe 3 of those 800 lights. You can do 5 or 6 400W for a more evenly lit canopy.
7' ceilings... Thats what i have and im in soil. I can fit 64-3 gal pots in 7x9. Its a little overcrowded but about 1/3 are small and not budding yet because im doing perpetual.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I agree with LI Grows regarding smaller panels. I recently completed a grow using Amare Tech SE 230 (now 250) that easily covered a 33 x 33. The 250 should easily cover 36 x 36. These lights were deigned by a cannabis grower for cannabis growers. See my threads for pics

Soilbrother1

Soilbrother1

Same here. Go to the manufactuer's website that you purchased your led's from and get the footprint and distance from canopy info. Once you have that- The rest is simple math. I personally use Black dog LED's and could not be happier. For instance, the Flowering footprint for each of mine are 4.5' by 4.5'. I use a few. Mmmhmmm.. recommended distance is 24" from canopy. Yours will be different, but you get the idea. Its all math. Get an idea of size of your plants via how long you will veg them and an idea of how much they stretch during flowering. Once you have an idea of that, you will get a general idea of how many plants you should place. Off the top of my head. I couldn't say. However, I can tell you for maximum harvest, its all about available light, environment, and genetics; nothing more. Grow one monster bush or 50 small scrog plants. Its up to you when you decide to flip the switch my friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom