need help on possibly unflushed weed

• Thread starter gangdev
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gangdev

gangdev

hey everyone new here . I received a new oz of weed to smoke and noticed it goes out after every hit with black ash. works great in my dry herb vape with a nice taste but i do prefer joints. I tried double paper and still kept going out. the weed looks good, smells citrusy and light, with a strong high and has that crisp when broken apart. i think there are still nutrients in the weed just wondering how i can get it to keep lit and stop going out so fast in my joint. airflow is not a problem it just goes out so fast.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

O.k I don't want to cause no shit storm, but I think most growers agree these days flushing the plants of nutrients before harvest to create a cleaner smoke or whiter ash is all a myth or bro science at best.

Everything marijuana uptakes the entire grow cycle nutrient wise stays inside that plant. There is no way to..."flush" the nutrients from the plants, you can only over or under feed.

Most peoples flushing techniques in my opinion are just starving the plant at the end of its life cycle, causing it to use up remaining nutes and start to feed on itself. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... I usually let mine go yellow or whatever color that pheno goes when it gets to 8-9 weeks flower. Still lightly feeding till the end.

So I never flush my plants...And my flowers usually always burn clean and white ashed. I think its more about improper drying and curing techniques that has your smoke not staying lit and burning black.

Drying and curing is an art like growing is, it takes lots of trial and error in most cases to get it just right. You must have got a bad batch. Shoot at least it still gets you stoned...try mixing it with some better burning flower?

gangdev

gangdev

O.k I don't want to cause no shit storm, but I think most growers agree these days flushing the plants of nutrients before harvest to create a cleaner smoke or whiter ash is all a myth or bro science at best.

Everything marijuana uptakes the entire grow cycle nutrient wise stays inside that plant. There is no way to..."flush" the nutrients from the plants, you can only over or under feed.

Most peoples flushing techniques in my opinion are just starving the plant at the end of its life cycle, causing it to use up remaining nutes and start to feed on itself. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... I usually let mine go yellow or whatever color that pheno goes when it gets to 8-9 weeks flower. Still lightly feeding till the end.

So I never flush my plants...And my flowers usually always burn clean and white ashed. I think its more about improper drying and curing techniques that has your smoke not staying lit and burning black.

Drying and curing is an art like growing is, it takes lots of trial and error in most cases to get it just right. You must have got a bad batch. Shoot at least it still gets you stoned...try mixing it with some better burning flower?

it's lemon skunk and honestly tastes really good in my dry herb vape but in a joint it's so weird goes out so fast and the paper burns faster even in a double paper joint. I tried mixing some tobacco but the tobacco part burns and once it reaches the weed it messes up. I prefer joints but it vapes perfectly as a last resort. It also seems perfectly dry so really confused

gangdev

gangdev

should i let it get even drier? like powdery? or even that won't work lol

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

should i let it get even drier? like powdery? or even that won't work lol
I wouldn't let it get dry like dust dry...but if its still wet for sure let it sit out on the tray till it dries a little. Are you grinding it up? Mixing it with tobacco and it still wont burn? IDK sounds rough. If I were in your shoes I would grind it and mix it with some better burning herb to make my joints. Or just vape it...

gangdev

gangdev

I wouldn't let it get dry like dust dry...but if its still wet for sure let it sit out on the tray till it dries a little. Are you grinding it up? Mixing it with tobacco and it still wont burn? IDK sounds rough. If I were in your shoes I would grind it and mix it with some better burning herb to make my joints. Or just vape it...

it has the crisp sound so it is pretty dry id say. yea I guess no other choice but mix it with better weed or just vape. Thanks for the help just really shocked not sure how badly they messed this drying/curing up but at least it is a potent sativa. Thanks a lot!

SaiyanPrince

SaiyanPrince

I agree that flushing is a myth. Any nutrient sent to the plant, will forever be in that plant as it lives inside the plant not the soil.

I did a really long post about this in another forum back in the day. People dont like hearing science when it disproves their belief.

euphoria526

euphoria526

Ok try this if you think it’s still too moist for a joint:
Grind up however much you plan on using. Let it sit out for a few minutes before rolling it up and see if that has any effect on it. Or not roll so tight?
another option is getting a 1 hitter and a dugout or chillim. I’m with you and prefer joints and blunts, but sometimes all you need is a good chillim or 1 hitter

gangdev

gangdev

Ok try this if you think it’s still too moist for a joint:
Grind up however much you plan on using. Let it sit out for a few minutes before rolling it up and see if that has any effect on it. Or not roll so tight?
another option is getting a 1 hitter and a dugout or chillim. I’m with you and prefer joints and blunts, but sometimes all you need is a good chillim or 1 hitter

it's not wet or moist at all. i will look into a one hitter thanks. Still shocked at this weed never happend before lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sure sounds like moisture to me. I use a dry flower vape and no issues with a bit more moisture in it. You definitely need it drier for bongs, pipes or joints.

gangdev

gangdev

Sure sounds like moisture to me. I use a dry flower vape and no issues with a bit more moisture in it. You definitely need it drier for bongs, pipes or joints.

it crisps though when i break the bud apart, should i let it dry even more just to see?

Anthem

Anthem

thanks il dry it a bit more and hope for the best coz this is so weird lool, it's like a hard black ash too
That can mean something besides being moist, like the grow used some products that are designed to add weight to the product. If the drying does not work I would return the stuff and ask for my money back.

gangdev

gangdev

That can mean something besides being moist, like the grow used some products that are designed to add weight to the product. If the drying does not work I would return the stuff and ask for my money back.

to me everything looks good except the weed not burning in a joint. i bought it from a illegal website so il just vape this if anything and spend a bit more next time lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If it is fully dry and still leaves black crap it has something unhealthy in it. The vape may be hot enough to fully combust it but coming from an illegal website i would not trust its safety at all.

Could be just way too much phosphorous or could be neem oil or much worse.

Top Bottom