Need help to identify problem

• Thread starter GreenDei
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenDei

GreenDei

I’m growing Vanilla Kush indoors in soil under a 600w LED and is currently in week 6 from seed. Lately i’m noticing yellowish dusty patches on several leaves and after several days of googling, i can’t seem to pin point what the problem is.

Under the microscope, it looks like boils.

Grow medium is a mix of soil + perlite + worm casting in a 3 gal fabric pot.

For feeding, i brew compost + guano + molasses + worm casting into a tea and feed once a week, and just regular pH 6.5 water every other day when the soil is dry.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Need help to identify problem
Need help to identify problem 2
Need help to identify problem 3
Need help to identify problem 4
Need help to identify problem 5
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I’m growing Vanilla Kush indoors in soil under a 600w LED and is currently in week 6 from seed. Lately i’m noticing yellowish dusty patches on several leaves and after several days of googling, i can’t seem to pin point what the problem is.

Under the microscope, it looks like boils.

Grow medium is a mix of soil + perlite + worm casting in a 3 gal fabric pot.

For feeding, i brew compost + guano + molasses + worm casting into a tea and feed once a week, and just regular pH 6.5 water every other day when the soil is dry.

Can anyone help me figure this out?
(Lots of threads on this lately?) those "boils" are a type of gland common on every leaf but I don't know why you have the yellow splotches, recommend you do a slurry test on the soil

GreenDei

GreenDei

(Lots of threads on this lately?) those "boils" are a type of gland common on every leaf but I don't know why you have the yellow splotches, recommend you do a slurry test on the soil

Thanks for the suggestion. Slurry test shows a soil pH of 6.7. I don’t think it’s a pH problem. I always water and feed at pH 6.5.

GreenDei

GreenDei

I found the following hint and i think that it might very well be a calcium deficiency problem. It seems like Vanilla Kush is a calcium hungry strain. Prior to this grow, i did a Critical Mass grow with the same setup and feeding without a problem.

https://www.invalid.com/t/barneys-farm-vanilla-kush-strain-specific-issue.478195/

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

fellas, doesn't sound like ph swing, spots, especially, with growers ph, comments, but depending on lighting, wanted that on the table, for ya. it's not like grower wouldn't b premixing, nute delivery, pkg... so..., but just n case.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

perhaps if gd is ph'ing that foliar. besides the vet input, if it were mine... i don't think I'd chase, yet. that all over, or a few, anomalies. beach & co... r more likely to return, to weigh back in.
good luck! doesn't sound like a novice strain and besides the spotz- lookin, great!

give the fellas a walk in the park: pics all round, or is it just the 2 leaves, doin it.
foliar, is a more sensitive, however, efficient, uptake point. I've not been that brave, in yrs, but seems like ya know and limit, to neem.

GreenDei

GreenDei

perhaps if gd is ph'ing that foliar. besides the vet input, if it were mine... i don't think I'd chase, yet. that all over, or a few, anomalies. beach & co... r more likely to return, to weigh back in.
good luck! doesn't sound like a novice strain and besides the spotz- lookin, great!

give the fellas a walk in the park: pics all round, or is it just the 2 leaves, doin it.
foliar, is a more sensitive, however, efficient, uptake point. I've not been that brave, in yrs, but seems like ya know and limit, to neem.

Here’s a summary of the grow so far.

The grow is now in week 6 from seed. I’m planning on flipping to flower in another 2 weeks and will probably take a clipping to clone before the flip.

I started her off in a Jiffy pallet and later on transplanted her into a 3 gal fabric pot containing soil mix. Soil mix consists of soil, coco peat, perlite, worm castings, river sand, burnt husk, humus, bone and blood meal and kelp meal pallets.

She’s under a 600w full spectrum LED on 18/6 schedule. Light height is adjusted every few days, about 14 inches from the canopy.

i topped her off once after the 5th node and a little LST daily. I’m still considering on whether or not to top a second time before flipping to flower.

For feeding i only use organic nutes, i brew tea consisting of compost + worm castings + kelp meal + bat guano + molasses. In addition, i also feed diluted urine (1:10 ratio) to give it that N boost. I brew the tea in a bucket with aerator stones connected to several air pumps and let it brew for about 24 hrs. I feed both tea and urine once a week at pH 6.5 and water every other day when the soil is dry with dechlorinated water adjusted to pH 6.5.

I also feed CalMag once every two weeks but judging on the cal deficiency i might change it to once a week now going forward alongside my tea.

Every two weeks i do a slurry test just to be sure that the soil pH is correct and also topup the top soil every now and then when i see new roots growing from the main stem above soil.

I live in a extremely humid area so humidity is always a problem I’m wrestling with. I can’t afford a proper dehumidifier yet so i’ve been using silica base kitty litter to remove some of the moisture and drop the humidity to around 64%. When humidity gets really bad, i turn on the AC for an hour or two and that usually brings down the RH back to around 60 - 64%. Temperature averages around 28 - 30 celcius.

I’ve grown outdoors several times before on my balcony, but this would be my first indoor grow.

Attached are some photos of the grow.

7728EF70 C46F 4B57 9F49 AF57A474FD31
A9397508 A49F 461D 9200 F320B369395A
7333EFEB 00B8 4416 8F37 0D52D5CB81D5

Latest posts

Top Bottom