Need help w/ first GH/Hoop House etup

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Long time indoor guy - started running outdoor summer seasons and honestly I just love gardening, period. Something so enjoyable about having my coffee and walking through my plants with the hounds in the morning...

I want to run a GH or hoop house, starting after this summer's harvest. I want to use the process to improve my outdoor skills and grow big trees, so eventually I can run a 365 day/year outdoor program for my patients too. I'd love to be as good a grower outdoors as I am inside.

Can you guys direct me as to the ideal setup? I'm thinking something 15x20 to start, maybe with some 100 or 200 gal smarties, strong enough to stand up to the santa ana winds. Happy to build by hand - have a construction co.

Wavegem

Wavegem

I just started my outdoor adventurers. I don't think I am going back indoors for a little while. My biggest problem was space indoors, so I built a custom hoop house to solve that problem.
Downloadfile 4

I ran 3 radiators, co2 burners, 8 600 watt vertical and 4 epap overhead.

20140821 071745 1

I had some materials but all in all about 5000 dollars to build

Jay Tea

Jay Tea

Long time indoor guy - started running outdoor summer seasons and honestly I just love gardening, period. Something so enjoyable about having my coffee and walking through my plants with the hounds in the morning...

I want to run a GH or hoop house, starting after this summer's harvest. I want to use the process to improve my outdoor skills and grow big trees, so eventually I can run a 365 day/year outdoor program for my patients too. I'd love to be as good a grower outdoors as I am inside.

Can you guys direct me as to the ideal setup? I'm thinking something 15x20 to start, maybe with some 100 or 200 gal smarties, strong enough to stand up to the santa ana winds. Happy to build by hand - have a construction co.

Jay Tea

Jay Tea

I have 2,40'Ă—90' with galvy aluminum ribs, clearspan for the top and polywoven for the doors. Winds' always a concern. And so is lack of wind...as you know. Go pretty big if you do PVC. Go thick for your top and deep with the rebar. 3 sets of horizontal cross brace. Best of luck. Fans fans fans!

K

kolah

Invest in "greenhouse plastic" and it now comes in 11 and 12 ml. It's cheap and will last longer in the Cali sun.

Nice GH for sure.

Circle B

Circle B

I have just built 2 20" x 35" 14 to 18" tall for $1000 bucks. Like you im a long time indoor only 2 year out.
DSC00980
I can help give me some time to type up instructions for you . ill send them your way. most stuff you can get at home depot.

papapayne

papapayne

subbed up for the ride. my greenhouse is 2 carports...10 x 45

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have just built 2 20" x 35" 14 to 18" tall for $1000 bucks. Like you im a long time indoor only 2 year out. View attachment 446289 I can help give me some time to type up instructions for you . ill send them your way. most stuff you can get at home depot.

That greenhouse looks much bigger than 20inches by 35 inches and 14-18inches tall. That should look like this, fyi. 20'x35' and 14' to 18'. Awesome hoop house.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Check out Farmtek. That is the only place I would buy a greenhouse. For under 2g, you can get a 12'w x 8't x 50' long "hoop house" that is way higher quality than PVC. That is what I did. Tag me if your in more need of help. BTW, Farmtek has video's on how to install everything, pretty easy stuff.
Small Greenhouse 6 26 15

Latest posts

Top Bottom