Need help watering in coco (newbie)

• Thread starter HELP123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HELP123

HELP123

Seems like I am missing a simple concept. I ve exhausted all trials and as my last resort, hoping someone on this forum can help.

From online forums and videos, watering should be done daily with a 10-20% run off. However, whenever I water the second day with run off, my plants show symptoms of over watering. And if on the third day, leaves start to wrinkle, droop.. And on the 4th day algae forms and excessive drooping with leaves starting to yellow. I don't understand how is everyone able to water with run off and not have over watering issues. Please help!

Currently:
-only water (2.5L) when top soil turns light brown/ once every 2 days
-3 gallon pot
-Emerald Harvest nutes
-ppm and ph is corrected and measured before watering
-Humidity 50-60%
-HPS Luxx light

Need help watering in coco newbie
Pippins

Pippins

Your plants look healthy, how have you been watering them up until now? What EC, ph, how often? Also, what type of coco are you using. One thing that comes to mind is you might have a drainage issue-that can happen sometimes if you have a lot of that powdery type of coir-it sort of turns into mud. The long fibers drain better. If you have that kind, then perlite is necessary, but you don't need it with high quality coir.

HELP123

HELP123

Thnx for the follow up. I am currently using Cyco coco. EC is measured everytime keeping around 1.2 during Veg and 1.5-2.0 during flowering. I am only able to keep my plants healthy if I don't give it any run off and water only when coco is dry out on top. However, my yield is really low with this method.

HELP123

HELP123

There are no perlite. Thought coco is not necessary given the pot I am using. But at this moment, willing to try anything to increase my yield. Room temp is 25 celcius during Veg and 28 with co2 set at 1000-1200 during flowering.

microgrower456

microgrower456

I want to know that too... I use smart pots (3 galons) and seems if i water everyday show signs of overwater too... Maybe the error is not having perlite on it. I use pure coco as well... I dont know...

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

You need really good drainage to water everyday. Without perlite there isn’t any pockets of air for water to flow through in the coco itself. I use a mixture of coco and perlite depending on pot size. So if I’m in a 5 gallon and up I do a 60/40 ration and below that let’s say a 3 gallon I do 70/30 and 2 gallon I do 80/20 and a 1 I use the same ratio. But if it’s in let’s sayin a small cell pot I really don’t use any. Perlite helps get air pockets in the coco to get oxygen to roots and improve drainage.

Top Bottom