Need help with first grow! 😬

• Thread starter Perk204
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perk204

Perk204

I am growing 5 lemon haze auto flowers and recently the top leaves have started to discolor and curl/curl up. I just recently checked the ph of the soil and it was almost 8. I have just recently (1 watering) started giving the right PH water. The are in half organic and half miracle grow soil. Again it’s my first grow and I’m just trying to get it figured out! I am thinking nutrient burn. I fed miracle grow 2 times in a row then it started to happen. Rookie/dumb mistake. I flushed them yesterday with 6 ph water and no nutrients. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Need help with first grow 3
Need help with first grow 2
Need help with first grow

Perk204

Perk204

Sorry if I didn’t give enough info! I will answer any questions! Thanks!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

How do you know your pH is or was 8, and how are you adjusting it now?

Perk204

Perk204

I will definitely try what you posted. I just got the ph from a soil tester stuck into the soil. I did check the runoff water after the first time of using correctly balanced ph water and I was getting up to 10 but mostly around 9

Perk204

Perk204

I watered more than normal hoping maybe it would flush the soil. Thanks for the reply and the thread!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I watered more than normal hoping maybe it would flush the soil. Thanks for the reply and the thread!
I wasn't sure what it is but it's definitely unusual I figured the best thing to do is start by checking what's going on in your medium, both ph & ppm

Also how close are your lights? The middle picture looks a little bit like lightburn but not so much the other two

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

The first major mistake u did was use miricle grow, not only is there sodium in the mix (salt) they infuse the mix with food so everytime you water you feed, autos are very sensitive and you have overwhelmed your plants, i have been doing autoflowers for over 9 years, they need a light spongy mix, i use ffof works great, allso they need very little food if any, i use botanacare pro grow but very sparingly, for flower i use atami bloombastic 2ml per US gal but go easy and make shure you water it down or you will burn your girls, so your problem now is your mix is much to hot for autoflowers, pics are 2 Skywalker autoflowers at day 24.

Perk204

Perk204

Okay thanks for the info! Like I said I’m kinda using this one to work out any kinks. What soil do you prefer to use? My light is about 2-3’ from the plant.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

wild pH fluctuations wouldn't help. go easy on nutrients. go steady.

plenty of time to recover, check on its new growth to make sure that is healthy.

be patient, a lot of this is containing your expectations, excitement and eagerness.

choice of soil can come down to personal preference, local product availability, etc.

what sort of light is it?

what i typically do, for example, i might feed one of the plants, then see how she responds - before applying it to the rest of the family, especially, if its something new i'm doing to the plants, i test it on a guinea pig.

Perk204

Perk204

Here’s a updated picture of the plants! All have recovered and doing well it seems. Thanks for the help!
C0D000F8 900B 4FBA 9027 5C38786D16B6

Latest posts

Top Bottom