Need help with irrigation system

• Thread starter justice8965
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justice8965

justice8965

Hey all. I'm trying to switch from hydro halos to a bubbler system so i can run more plants. I'm having trouble.

Some pics below. Flow setup is check valve -> pump (https://shop.hydrolocksystems.com/collections/accessories/products/hydrolock™-in-line-water-pump) -> Y filter -> poly tubing to the manifold in the tent -> Pressure gauge -> bubblers -> ball valve for flushing.

So the first time i turned it on the pvc blew apart. Then I learned I need to cement it with PVC cement. So I did that. Tried again, and this time the poly tube connecting to the manifold in the tent blew off. Also, the pressure gauge read 60psi, even tho the pump says max 45psi?

What am i doing wrong? Do i need a pressure regulator? Thanks for any help.

Need help with irrigation system
Need help with irrigation system 2

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I don't think barbed fittings are rated for that kind of pressure. I know I would not trust them to stay on and let this system run on it's own. I only use them in non-pressure situations.

Do you need the flexibility of poly for your system, or could you possibly go with PVC all the way? Even PVC is not rated for high pressure, I'd have to look up the specs on that.

justice8965

justice8965

I don't think barbed fittings are rated for that kind of pressure. I know I would not trust them to stay on and let this system run on it's own. I only use them in non-pressure situations.

Do you need the flexibility of poly for your system, or could you possibly go with PVC all the way? Even PVC is not rated for high pressure, I'd have to look up the specs on that.
Pvc is rated for something like 350psi, so that will be fine. But I agree on the barbed fittings. I just ordered a hose to Pvc connector, and bought small garden hoses to use. They're rated for 200psi. Think that would work?

Top Bottom