Need help with issue in a indoor grow

• Thread starter Kdot57
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kdot57

So I came home from work to find a yellowish spot forming on one of the leaves and the other starting to do the same here is the best picture I can get. Any advice to fix current problem?

Need help with issue in a indoor grow
Need help with issue in a indoor grow 2
Need help with issue in a indoor grow 3
Need help with issue in a indoor grow 4
Need help with issue in a indoor grow 5
Ponky

Ponky

If it's looking really dark green jn a natural light I'd suspect on overload of nutrients causing lockout. How have you been feeding them and how much run off were you getting?

K

Kdot57

I have been feeding them every 3-4 weeks with slow release amendments (10tbs of 4-4-4 Down to earth and 5 tbs of 2-8-4 Gaia Green ) and my run off hasn’t been a lot or too little but I don’t know a good run off this is my first grow ever.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Are you trying to do living/super soil,
Hence the dry amendments?
Are you doin ph adj & are u using chlorine free water?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Well I use GG but I don't mix two brand of nutrients so not sure what you are seeing here. But 10tbspn of veg nutes at this point in the plants life is not going to be optimal for you.

I give a 50/50 dose of All Purpose and Power Bloom a week before I switch to flower. 4 weeks later I will give a 25/75 dose of the 4-4-4 and 2-8-4.
Every 2 weeks I am giving a 1-2 tbspn of Rock Dust Blend, Gypsum, and Epsom salts.

I bet you're using RO water or something else with the minerals removed yes?

Ponky

Ponky

Ahhh. Hot soil can do that. And amending soil is a bit difficult. Not much you can really do. It should be fine since it's early on. Should improve with watering.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I highly recommend following a nutrient schedule & corresponding that to a calendar.
Lotus dry nutes:
Silver bullet dry:
Or a starter kit of roots organic/soul synthetic (I like their master program)
Humboldt County's Own :
(Highly recommend their additives so that kit is nice I'm using the whole line this year & will not grow without the additives)
Humboldt Secret: looks good
Pretty safe at 1mil per gallon w liquid but always introduce slowly

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Ahhh. Hot soil can do that. And amending soil is a bit difficult. Not much you can really do. It should be fine since it's early on. Should improve with watering.
Def know what your temps & humidity are!
You can get thermostat/hygrometer w min- max & individual sensors to monitor diff areas- heights of ur grow area

K

Kdot57

Are you trying to do living/super soil,
Hence the dry amendments?
Are you doin ph adj & are u using chlorine free water?
No I have been following a grow video that’s where I got all my nutrients and soil and stuff from.

K

Kdot57

Well I use GG but I don't mix two brand of nutrients so not sure what you are seeing here. But 10tbspn of veg nutes at this point in the plants life is not going to be optimal for you.

I give a 50/50 dose of All Purpose and Power Bloom a week before I switch to flower. 4 weeks later I will give a 25/75 dose of the 4-4-4 and 2-8-4.
Every 2 weeks I am giving a 1-2 tbspn of Rock Dust Blend, Gypsum, and Epsom salts.

I bet you're using RO water or something else with the minerals removed yes?
What’s a good amount yu would recommend for my mix then? And I’m using water from a water filter that gets rid of chlorine.

K

Kdot57

Def know what your temps & humidity are!
You can get thermostat/hygrometer w min- max & individual sensors to monitor diff areas- heights of ur grow area
My temps are 70-80 at all times and humidity at 50-55% now but was 60-65% before

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

What’s a good amount yu would recommend for my mix then? And I’m using water from a water filter that gets rid of chlorine.

Bingo. You are missing a lot of trace elements from your water. The only time I saw issues like this was when I switched to RO water and immediately went back to my tap water that I let degas for ~24 hours.

Down To Earth is the same strength as GG All Purpose (4-4-4) so you're just using a little bit too much. 50/50 ratio before you start flower, 25/75 ratio when you top dress 4 weeks later.

GG recommends 16tbspn per 5 gallon of medium. So you would do 8tbspn 4-4-4 and 8tbspn 2-8-4 for the first 4 weeks of flower, and then 4tbspn 4-4-4 and 12tbspn of 2-8-4. I found my plants were still lacking a little bit of micronutrients so that's why I do the epsom salt/rock dust blend/gypsum every 2 weeks.

K

Kdot57

Bingo. You are missing a lot of trace elements from your water. The only time I saw issues like this was when I switched to RO water and immediately went back to my tap water that I let degas for ~24 hours.

Down To Earth is the same strength as GG All Purpose (4-4-4) so you're just using a little bit too much. 50/50 ratio before you start flower, 25/75 ratio when you top dress 4 weeks later.

GG recommends 16tbspn per 5 gallon of medium. So you would do 8tbspn 4-4-4 and 8tbspn 2-8-4 for the first 4 weeks of flower, and then 4tbspn 4-4-4 and 12tbspn of 2-8-4. I found my plants were still lacking a little bit of micronutrients so that's why I do the epsom salt/rock dust blend/gypsum every 2 weeks.
So to make up for the trace nutrients what should I do? And is there anything I can add back to my water to help give it all it needs? and I will start to hold back on my nutrients supply. And is the boogie bomb filter alright to use in a water system?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

So to make up for the trace nutrients what should I do? And is there anything I can add back to my water to help give it all it needs? and I will start to hold back on my nutrients supply. And is the boogie bomb filter alright to use in a water system?
Why did you start using filtered water in the first place? Use tap water that sits out overnight unless there's a problem imo. You could do a really good flush at this point until your runoff is clear, and then top dress with the 2-8-4 considering she's pretty pumped full of N right now but this is mostly stuff to help your next grow. Organics are tricky you really need to get your ratios on point - I compare it to baking a cake.

K

Kdot57

Why did you start using filtered water in the first place? Use tap water that sits out overnight unless there's a problem imo. You could do a really good flush at this point until your runoff is clear, and then top dress with the 2-8-4 considering she's pretty pumped full of N right now but this is mostly stuff to help your next grow. Organics are tricky you really need to get your ratios on point - I compare it to baking a cake.
I started using a filter because the city I live in is horrible polluted that it would be better for me to pee in the pot then give them untreated tap water at least imo but if I would not switch back to unfiltered water is there any thing I can add? But I understand I’ll try a run off this weekend.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Calcium & Magnesium are your big ones when you filter your water but you might want to get a rock dust supplement as well just to cover a more broad range of micronutrients. Iron, copper, chlorine etc are all important to growing plants.

K

Kdot57

Calcium & Magnesium are your big ones when you filter your water but you might want to get a rock dust supplement as well just to cover a more broad range of micronutrients. Iron, copper, chlorine etc are all important to growing plants.
Should I go with a down to earth to keep the nutrients all the same?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Should I go with a down to earth to keep the nutrients all the same?
Whatever you pick is up to you both Dr. Earth and Gaia Green look very similar. You can get Calcium and Magnesium from Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) and Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate) or make your own blend of organic "CalMag" using Egg Shells and Epsom Salts:

For a calcium and/or magnesium deficiency, you can make a simple CalMag solution by adding 5-6 dry egg shells and 1 tbsp plain epsom salt to a gallon pot and add water. Boil the water until the epsom salt dissolves and then let cool and soak for 24 hrs before using on your plants. Use 2 cups of the solution to water each plant. This recipe makes 8 treatments.

You can google online for articles on what to do when using filtered water: https://www.growweedeasy.com/ro-water

Top Bottom