Need Help with New Layout

• Thread starter cosmos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cosmos

cosmos

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and to marijuana. I'm going to be doing a buildout soon and I have a fairly large amount of space to work with, measured around 12,000sqft. It is currently supplied by 300A on 3-phase. I'm looking for any insight that you may have on how best to layout the grow space, including any hints on Electrical/ HVAC/ Plumbing/ Equipment. Like I said, I'm completely new to this and anything would be helpful. I'll include the equipment that I have been referred to as well as a basic site plan for your consideration. I have labelled the rooms as what I believe to be a good layout for workflow. I plan to grow in soil with HPS lighting, but would also consider moving to LED. Any corrections or advice will be considered and greatly appreciated!!

I plan to use the following equipment:
GAVITA PRO 1000E 208-240 SL(FLOWERING LIGHT)COVER 25 SQFT PER LIGHT, 220V
GROWER’S CHIOCE GC-630NS(CLONE AND VEG LIGHT)COVER 25 SQFT PER LIGHT, 220V
QUEST DUAL 225 230V DEHUMIDIFIER(2 SET PER GROW ROOM)COVER 1500 TO 2200 SQFT PER 2 SET)
TITAN CONTROLS ARES 10 LP CO2 GENERATOR1 SET PER ROOM
ACTIVE CAN-LITE FILTER 2200 CFM 14’(6 SET PER ROOM, WORK WITH FAN)6 SET PER ROOM
MAX-FAN 14’’ 1786 CFM(6 SET PER ROOM, WORK WITH FILTER)6 SET PER ROOM

Floor plan draft
Heynow

Heynow

With that much light you are gonna need 10 tons of ac minimum.

Depending on where you are 3 tons can cool 6 to 10 1000's

3t ac takes 30 to 40 amp per unit

Heynow

Heynow

Maybe 20 tons lol....

Led might be a better option, not cheaper startup. But in an outfit that size cooling is going to be problematic unless you over do the cooling IMO

cosmos

cosmos

With that much light you are gonna need 10 tons of ac minimum.

Depending on where you are 3 tons can cool 6 to 10 1000's

3t ac takes 30 to 40 amp per unit
The grow is in NE Oklahoma. The HVAC alone is enough for me to consider LEDs beyond just the electrical draw. Just happen to have a grower that's accustomed to these Gavitas. I appreciate your guidance!

Heynow

Heynow

Hand watering larger plants in 10 gal pots drain to waste is the most forgiving for newbies.

If I was you, I would grow in 7 to 10 gallon fabric pots drain to waste. I would use either mills or advanced nutes which both have a ph buffering that brings the ph to 5.8 to 6.0. I prefer Mills with an added humic, like golden tree from humbodlt secret. And always add a sweetner/sugar...like advanced bud candy

I would use pro mix HP CC, which is a coco base and great for large container auto fed or hand fed.

cosmos

cosmos

Hand watering larger plants in 10 gal pots drain to waste is the most forgiving for newbies.

If I was you, I would grow in 7 to 10 gallon fabric pots drain to waste. I would use either mills or advanced nutes which both have a ph buffering that brings the ph to 5.8 to 6.0. I prefer Mills with an added humic, like golden tree from humbodlt secret. And always add a sweetner/sugar...like advanced bud candy

I would use pro mix HP CC, which is a coco base and great for large container auto fed or hand fed.
We do plan to use 7 gal fabric (non-woven) pots and I believe that the plan is to do as you say, pots in trays, which drain off to waste. Just also looking for layout suggestions in terms of rows and space between them?

Heynow

Heynow

A 1000k gives off 5x5 area, but way better when the beams cross I would put each light 5 feet from a wall and go 5 ft over to the next light. Use rolling trays to move everything so you can work, but jam az many as you can fit. It is kinda like tetris lol...just move a table so you can squeeze in to work on them

cosmos

cosmos

How are things coming along?
Hi!

Well, I've redrafted the site plan to be more accurate and also more flower room intensive. I have received an estimate from an HVAC tech with experience in the industry, he advises that we install about 53 tons (642k BTU) HVAC via several mini-split units.

We've also decided to switch from the Gavita HPS lights mentioned previously to a high performance LED that runs at 636w/ 3amp on 208v (our bldg is 120/ 208v with a 833a transformer on-site).

Our expected load is about 1200a, however we will be using a 12/12 cycle for flower to lower to draw. Planning to have a 1000a main installed once the feeders are increased from the transformer to the main. Then, my plan (waiting to hear back from the electrician) is to run sub-panels to each room. Probably some 125a and 200a to the three largest rooms.

Any suggestions or advice?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Man, I've never done anything on such a large scale, so I dont really have any general advice that you probably dont already know. One thing is I have heard that plants could need slightly different nutrient requirements with LED lighting compared to HID. I have never used LED so maybe look into that. But if you are using soil its pretty much dummy proof lol. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom