• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

Hello guys
I have this plant:
Need help with ph of soil

The big leafs are dying at a fast rate. I am loosing all the fan leaves, even the ones at the tops.
Need help with ph of soil 2

So, I have a cheap soil Ph checker (not digital), and those cheap Ph strips for water.
The soil device indicates 6,9/7.0Ph... So, i've been trying to get it down. I've been buying bottled water with a Ph of 5,7, and the nuts i give her are also acidic. I have this problem for a couple weeks and I cant think what is going on, they look like they are not getting better. The plants are already on week 6 of flowering and the buds are not developing right.

How long does it take to change Ph of soil? Is it possible to do it with the fertilizers, or I should buy a proper Ph down liquid?

--------------------------------------
They are in soil, week 6 of flowering.
I've been giving them BachumusEvolution and BioBloom (Biobizz). I also feed them quelated micronutrients a few weeks ago, maybe i will give more tomorrow.
They dont apper to have any mold (yet) but they have a few tiny mealybugs, but i think they are controlled.

-----------------------

Thanks!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello guys
I have this plant:
View attachment 894829
The big leafs are dying at a fast rate. I am loosing all the fan leaves, even the ones at the tops.
View attachment 894830

So, I have a cheap soil Ph checker (not digital), and those cheap Ph strips for water.
The soil device indicates 6,9/7.0Ph... So, i've been trying to get it down. I've been buying bottled water with a Ph of 5,7, and the nuts i give her are also acidic. I have this problem for a couple weeks and I cant think what is going on, they look like they are not getting better. The plants are already on week 6 of flowering and the buds are not developing right.

How long does it take to change Ph of soil? Is it possible to do it with the fertilizers, or I should buy a proper Ph down liquid?

--------------------------------------
They are in soil, week 6 of flowering.
I've been giving them BachumusEvolution and BioBloom (Biobizz). I also feed them quelated micronutrients a few weeks ago, maybe i will give more tomorrow.
They dont apper to have any mold (yet) but they have a few tiny mealybugs, but i think they are controlled.

-----------------------

Thanks!

Screenshot 20190910 124729 Chrome
Screenshot 20190910 124736 Chrome
Screenshot 20190910 124624 Chrome
Screenshot 20190910 124641 Chrome
Screenshot 20190910 125135 Google

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

have you done a slurry test,easy to do and dont cost anything,you already have a ph pen and use ro water ? if your sure your soil ph is high you can scratch some sulfur in ,cant say how much do to no clue of size of pots,in a 1 gal pot a 1/4 tsp is just about right,sulfur or acidfier there both about the same,anyway do a slurry test,another tip ph your feed or water at 6.5 in soil the sweet spot for all uptake in soil

mdmazing

mdmazing

I hope i dont sound rude (I believe you wont mind), but I dont think its an iron deficiency. My new leaves are great, its the older ones that are dying. By what I read, iron deficiency is on the newer leaves... do you still think its iron deficiency? I think it looks more like a nitrogen deficiency...

For a week I did basically a flush, i only watered with plain water with 5,7ph. Now I am starting to think my ph meter is broken (its brand new, but cheap)

mdmazing

mdmazing

have you done a slurry test,easy to do and dont cost anything,you already have a ph pen and use ro water ? if your sure your soil ph is high you can scratch some sulfur in ,cant say how much do to no clue of size of pots,in a 1 gal pot a 1/4 tsp is just about right,sulfur or acidfier there both about the same,anyway do a slurry test,another tip ph your feed or water at 6.5 in soil the sweet spot for all uptake in soil
I was stupid and too cheap to buy a ph pen. I bought a ph soil tester, like this...
IKKEGOL 3 in 1 pH Soil Meter Tester

Now I know its broken. I testes a new acidic soil with acidic water and it testes 6.9 on it... Damn.
I will try to get one.

Thanks!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I hope i dont sound rude (I believe you wont mind), but I dont think its an iron deficiency. My new leaves are great, its the older ones that are dying. By what I read, iron deficiency is on the newer leaves... do you still think its iron deficiency? I think it looks more like a nitrogen deficiency...

For a week I did basically a flush, i only watered with plain water with 5,7ph. Now I am starting to think my ph meter is broken (its brand new, but cheap)
My guess is iron, but heres more information on both, old school has a great idea regarding the slurry test, let us know your result
Screenshot 20190910 133853 Google

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I was stupid and too cheap to buy a ph pen. I bought a ph soil tester, like this... View attachment 894844
Now I know its broken. I testes a new acidic soil with acidic water and it testes 6.9 on it... Damn.
I will try to get one.

Thanks!
That meter won't work do yourself a favor and don't use it for anything but moisture and even then I wouldn't use it

my Apera pH meter broke recently I just bought this yesterday until the company sends it back repaired or replaced, but it works fine because of the tight pH gradient on the card, 5 bucks on Amazon

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Those meters are only good for aerating the soil and maybe checking the moisture level if they support that feature. Even then it’s not all that accurate. Either way do yourself a favor and buy legit tools. They are a one time expense and will save your ass over and over again. Blue Lab is the choice of most home growers and for good reason. Amazon usually has them at a good price and while you are at it pick up a ppm meter just in case. For ppm the cheap $10-15 amazon ones work just fine.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I was stupid and too cheap to buy a ph pen. I bought a ph soil tester, like this... View attachment 894844
I will try to get one.

Thanks!
i would suggest too do that,with a pen ,you take a bit of soil about 1/4 cup of soil,then take ro water or distilled fil the jar and shake the crap,out of it,let it settle a little while,like about 30 min ,stick ph pen in the water and you have a correct ph of your soil,i dont use the pen to much either using soil but keep one on hand for just as you speek,i just got a tds meter and ph pen ,cheap shit just last week 14 bucks and even came with solution to calibrate it,i grow several ways and im battling a thrash can with 33 gal of water growing a watermelon plant in it,the meter had me changing that water pronto hahahah ph was 8.5 and burning up,fixed it and now back on track,so get a set and keep for issues like these.
those meters there are worthless,now they do sell a single probe ph probe that works pretty good,i got a buddy that swears by it,damn thing is about 40 bucks,not me i stick to old school stuff,i wont ever waste my money or time again on the high price pens,got a blue lab or whatever the usless thing was called,never did work sent it back at my charge for shipping and they fixed a brand new pen,they cliam,thing is a taped a single hair on the ends to see if they would just send a new or fix it,got it back with hair still in place and a letter of reconditioning ya brand new shit,i stick to the 14 buck jobs they last about as long as high dollar shit

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i got a oakten after the blue lab incident and that pen last couple years,i dont use them much so stick with cheap ones,this hydro lesson im learning will sway me back to the soil before i know it hahahh,i have tried cucmbers and now watermelon and it starting to come around,sitting outside in triple digits it still rocking,finally came down to my well water,8.5 in heat of day 6.2 at night hahahah,im a soil guy what can i say,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Those meters are only good for aerating the soil and maybe checking the moisture level if they support that feature. Even then it’s not all that accurate. Either way do yourself a favor and buy legit tools. They are a one time expense and will save your ass over and over again. Blue Lab is the choice of most home growers and for good reason. Amazon usually has them at a good price and while you are at it pick up a ppm meter just in case. For ppm the cheap $10-15 amazon ones work just fine.
hook him up with your thread bro,i cant remember the name,im old and dont remember much hahahah,actually would be a good sticky for new growers to stew at,easy as hell and when they ask for help they will at least know what there ph is from the begining,same as NPK if you dont know which way you go if you dig,more less guessing right

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Too many Nutrients, is your run off at ten thousand PPM?

That would be pretty extreme! :)

I think its just switching to a pk heavy bloom nute way too early (or at all).

I would leach wih fresh water and give a moderate strength balanced complete grow nute.

Ph does not suddendly change in the medium for no reason. Too much leftover nutes is usually the reason.

Top Bottom