Need help with plant issues

• Thread starter Madscientist43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve been told that as well. Even at levels of ph alkalinity as high as my regular water is?
Its not high. If its 80 ppm you have a small amount of alkalinity. The ph may be high but changes easily so the soil will buffer it.

Measure the runoff ppm next time you water. And make sure to water the whole media then let it dry well before watering again.

Madscientist43

Madscientist43

Its not high. If its 80 ppm you have a small amount of alkalinity. The ph may be high but changes easily so the soil will buffer it.

Measure the runoff ppm next time you water. And make sure to water the whole media then let it dry well before watering again.
Okay what should a good run off ppm be? In your recommendation anyways

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay what should a good run off ppm be? In your recommendation anyways
Don't even worry about it. Your in organic soil the ppm will be high. Likely 1000-2000ppm but thats not an accurate measurement of available nutrients. Worry about the soil PH and how the plants respond.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

If its 80 ppm you have a small amount of alkalinity. .
I'm curious, how does ppm relate to alkalinity? I understand ppm to be a measure of dissolved solids in the water (minerals, nutrients etc) and PH to be a measure of acidity or alkalinity. Not sure how ppm would dictate PH. 💡

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm curious, how does ppm relate to alkalinity? I understand ppm to be a measure of dissolved solids in the water (minerals, nutrients etc) and PH to be a measure of acidity or alkalinity. Not sure how ppm would dictate PH. 💡
Well its doesn't but alkalinity can be somewhat assumed in tapbwater by ppm. Generally 50-75% of the ppm makeup of tap water will be calcium carbonate. So if the ppm is only 80 then that means its not possible to have a high alkalinity.

Alkalinity is the measure of carbonate and bicarbonate sources in the water. So at 80ppm I can assume the alkalinity is moderate to low.

To add to that alkalinity does not dictate ph either. Ph is simply the ratio of acid to alkaline sources in the water. Not to be confused with alkalinity which is the measurement of the waters ability to neutralize acids or buffering capacity

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I understand where you are coming from. Thank you for explaining that. It's been awhile since I checked with the water company to see what their levels are of the different minerals that can show up in there. Much love and respect :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I understand where you are coming from. Thank you for explaining that. It's been awhile since I checked with the water company to see what their levels are of the different minerals that can show up in there. Much love and respect :)
No problem brother. I see you post around and much love and respect back. You have a great eye for things.

Madscientist43

Madscientist43

No problem brother. I see you post around and much love and respect back. You have a great eye for things.
Yeah Aqua man much respect to you for your help as well, so unless I missed it or I’m not understanding you point. What do you believe my underlying issue is. The ph of my soil? Or I’m still just kinda lost lol. But when you say 50-75% is calcium I’ve been told that as well especially watering with hard water like I have and I’ve been told it might be calcium excess causing lockout of mag and other nutes ? Just curious what your take on that is

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think its over fed. So no more nutrients. Water with plain temp adjusted tap water. And back the light off.

Water to saturate the media then let it dry well before watering again.

It will take a couple weeks.

Madscientist43

Madscientist43

I think its over fed. So no more nutrients. Water with plain temp adjusted tap water. And back the light off.

Okay I’ll give that a try I woke up this morning and this is what they look like

E925A570 A81A 46E0 9B42 720450AD6A0E
D1E0F2AC 51B4 4D7C B129 464A9B98D044
36E5623B C485 4A64 95C7 0065E03F4D55
Madscientist43

Madscientist43

This is the purple kush today as well

7039837F 8FAD 4B2E AF03 F5D6FA12CB51
573D86E0 292E 4B30 918C C056C488E49B
2549AAE7 68AC 4DCD BB10 DD6FAFB9F71F
Madscientist43

Madscientist43

Some of the leaves on the new axillary branches aren’t “growing out” on the blue cookie , the leaves are growing irregular and on the purp some of the axillarys are failing to shoot on the same node as the ones already pointing up at the lights . I’ve never had that issue either . Especially when I can visually see my light hitting the axillary branch some just aren’t growing

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Some of the leaves on the new axillary branches aren’t “growing out” on the blue cookie , the leaves are growing irregular and on the purp some of the axillarys are failing to shoot on the same node as the ones already pointing up at the lights . I’ve never had that issue either . Especially when I can visually see my light hitting the axillary branch some just aren’t growing
They are stressed and that can cause all sorts of funky stuff. Just stick with it and give it time.

Madscientist43

Madscientist43

This is seriously a clone off the same plant the other one died and I’m having serious issues with this one again as well and I do shed my purple kush successfully I’m beginning to think this thing is a curse any feedback?

Madscientist43

Madscientist43

black margins tacoed severely brown spots on leaves severe leaf wilt plant isn’t root bound, was over fed measured EC around 3.0 on runoff flushed it until down to .5 EC its day 4 after the flush and its just looking worse and worse ph in soil is 6.4-6.6 and runoff is 6.5 I’m at a loss

Madscientist43

Madscientist43

Not to mention it started with the new growth having Chlorosis and yellowing and then since the flush the whole plant has started to yellow with the margins and spots getting worse by the day now feeding 4-3-1 npk ratio around 1.6 EC week 8 veg super slow growth the whole time as wel but roots are phenomenal as well.. any help would be great

Madscientist43

Madscientist43

It’s some un name brand shit I picked up from hardware store nothing special plan on investing in advanced nutes here soon was only applying these lightly trying to achieve better results in veg and has worked for all my plants but this one just has serious issues I been leaning towards lockout or calcium deficiency, sulphur, iron etc but just not sure what to do at this point

Madscientist43

Madscientist43

And meant to sayI finished the purple kush from few months ago successfully but the blue cookie dealt with spider mite infestation I cloned it before the infestation and the clone came out beautiful started growing great for around 4 weeks then just came to a hault I made the mistake of not testing runoff for the whol grow until about 5 days ago and got an EC of 3.0 and ph 6.5 so flushed until EC came down to .5 and been waiting on here to dry out it’s day 4-5 since flush and it’s almost dry maybe another day or two but plant is just worsening by day

Top Bottom