• Tagged users None
J

justinsloan

Need help with plants advice greatly appreciated 5
Need help with plants advice greatly appreciated 4
Thumbnail img 0873
Thumbnail img 0874
Thumbnail img 0875

So, I am new and over fertilized not knowing just to use charcoal with my soil and not coffee beans, which in all of the smallest and worst looking of these that made it in my bunch last, I experimented with and put a layer of coffee beans after the first bag of happy frog soil along with the charcoal and then filled the 5 gallon pot up to the top and fertilized it once more with coffee beans, charcoal, and DE. The coffee beans I know were a mistake and are causing either nitrogen burn, nutrient burn, or nutrient lock out. Some of them are so young, should I just throw them out? Are they gonners? They two best one's only got a full fill of soil and then the layer of fertilizer a bit later on in their lives. The healthier the later as you can see in the picture. I am using every kind of nutrient for this phase you can imagine, for both watering and topical. The soil always remains at such a high moisture rate and it seems like I should hardly ever have to water, but I have been doing so every couple or few days. I just flushed them, or attempted to. I also have a hydro setup, where the leaves are all bendy, but it could be the strain. I do not know. I would have thought that just following the nutrient directions on the back would have been good enough to get the plants in good health. I will post a picture of it later. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Cannabis is a tough plant to grow, and it certainly seems to take some trial and error for the more aggressive intended growers.

atmosphere

atmosphere

Plants this size use almost zero water ! and nutrients . The soil already contains more than enough nutrients for more than a month. Now it will be hard to get rid of the water and nutrients you gave too much .

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

View attachment 1265137View attachment 1265136View attachment 1265132View attachment 1265134View attachment 1265133
So, I am new and over fertilized not knowing just to use charcoal with my soil and not coffee beans, which in all of the smallest and worst looking of these that made it in my bunch last, I experimented with and put a layer of coffee beans after the first bag of happy frog soil along with the charcoal and then filled the 5 gallon pot up to the top and fertilized it once more with coffee beans, charcoal, and DE. The coffee beans I know were a mistake and are causing either nitrogen burn, nutrient burn, or nutrient lock out. Some of them are so young, should I just throw them out? Are they gonners? They two best one's only got a full fill of soil and then the layer of fertilizer a bit later on in their lives. The healthier the later as you can see in the picture. I am using every kind of nutrient for this phase you can imagine, for both watering and topical. The soil always remains at such a high moisture rate and it seems like I should hardly ever have to water, but I have been doing so every couple or few days. I just flushed them, or attempted to. I also have a hydro setup, where the leaves are all bendy, but it could be the strain. I do not know. I would have thought that just following the nutrient directions on the back would have been good enough to get the plants in good health. I will post a picture of it later. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Cannabis is a tough plant to grow, and it certainly seems to take some trial and error for the more aggressive intended growers.
Sry ur having a hard time getting started.
I'm not too sure exactly what's causing your issue but I can help u get it squared away to some degree.
Part of the issue is your using a method only experienced growers should use.
I would scrap them just yet. You should really only put established plants into super soil! What size are those green pots ?

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Sry that ur having issues!
I can peobly hlp you tho what size are those green pots

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I'll put this as gentle as possible.
UR DOIN TOO MUCH!!
this is a slow process, you do have the rite idea as far as being on top of it but your so on top that ur smothering them.
Lots of air circulation even an oscillating fan on them outside. If u can.
Good clean water that sits out 24hrs to de chlorinate & a drip of superthrive & a little bit of cal mag until you see established development!

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Aftr lookin at the pics again I'm seeing what looks like white fuzz on the top of the dirt by the edges of the pot? Powdery mildew possibly mold spores from staying too wet.
U can use lager light but at more distance to hlp establish the growth.
Metal halide and or more white & blue for growth.
Little red during veg helps roots too.
You can get technical w it for spot on results.
If it was me I'd put them under a 600 -1000 watt mh at least 4-5 feet away.
With the ballast being as far away as possible to avoid heat stress. Hope u get it sorted

J

justinsloan

Plants this size use almost zero water ! and nutrients . The soil already contains more than enough nutrients for more than a month. Now it will be hard to get rid of the water and nutrients you gave too much .
Yeah, that is what the ilovegrowingmj forum said too. I am new. I made a mistake. Aggressive intenders will do that. I asked them if I should throw them out and start over and they said that cannabis plants are strong it should be fine. But, they said the lights would not work for the flowering stage but they change colors and I could not hang anything. They are just LED lights, it should be fine.

2Bad

2Bad

Yeah, that is what the ilovegrowingmj forum said too. I am new. I made a mistake. Aggressive intenders will do that. I asked them if I should throw them out and start over and they said that cannabis plants are strong it should be fine. But, they said the lights would not work for the flowering stage but they change colors and I could not hang anything. They are just LED lights, it should be fine.
Is the dry amendments on top of the soil or mold?

2Bad

2Bad

Its DE that has been watered and stuff like that. There should not be any mold.
The only advice I could think of is make sure you've got great airflow. And let that girl get really dry before you water again and hopefully it'll work out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom