Need help with setting up my first grow tent

• Thread starter eFeNGee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eFeNGee

eFeNGee

Hello guys.
So I am planning to set up my first grow tent and I am completely lost as I am trying to read as many articles as I can and it gets confusing. :D
Here is the thing - I've build sort of a sealed and very well insulated room in my attic. Outside layer of the walls is made out of plywood, inside the walls is 0,5feet thick polystyrene insulation, the inside layer is made out of OSB. Every single joint of OSB was filled with silicone. The room itself is 300 square feet and is not connected to living area of my house, so it's not heated or ventilated.
The heating/cooling will be provided by 3,5kW AC.

I would like to start with 4x8 grow tent with 2x 600W HPS. My main concern is air circulation. Since the room is not connected to the living area of my house, the only air intake I can provide is from the outside of the room. Unfortunately, it gets really cold outside during winters, like 25F cold. So the room has to stay sealed. Of course, I'll provide CO2 source, humidifier and dehumidifier. But where do I place the air intake and exhaust? Should I run the ventilation just through the lights and let the hot air go into the room, then let the AC to do it's work? Or should I ventilate the whole tent? If I decide to ventilate the whole tent, the CO2 will disperse through the entire room and the AC will suck it out, right?

What I am asking for is just a little scheme of grow tent + CO2 setup inside of a sealed room with AC. Or any sort of advice. :)
Thank you very much a sorry for mistakes in the text, I am not a native english speaker. :))

BigCube

BigCube

Hello guys.
So I am planning to set up my first grow tent and I am completely lost as I am trying to read as many articles as I can and it gets confusing. :D
Here is the thing - I've build sort of a sealed and very well insulated room in my attic. Outside layer of the walls is made out of plywood, inside the walls is 0,5feet thick polystyrene insulation, the inside layer is made out of OSB. Every single joint of OSB was filled with silicone. The room itself is 300 square feet and is not connected to living area of my house, so it's not heated or ventilated.
The heating/cooling will be provided by 3,5kW AC.

I would like to start with 4x8 grow tent with 2x 600W HPS. My main concern is air circulation. Since the room is not connected to the living area of my house, the only air intake I can provide is from the outside of the room. Unfortunately, it gets really cold outside during winters, like 25F cold. So the room has to stay sealed. Of course, I'll provide CO2 source, humidifier and dehumidifier. But where do I place the air intake and exhaust? Should I run the ventilation just through the lights and let the hot air go into the room, then let the AC to do it's work? Or should I ventilate the whole tent? If I decide to ventilate the whole tent, the CO2 will disperse through the entire room and the AC will suck it out, right?

What I am asking for is just a little scheme of grow tent + CO2 setup inside of a sealed room with AC. Or any sort of advice. :)
Thank you very much a sorry for mistakes in the text, I am not a native english speaker. :))

This may help.

Air conditioners do not exchange air they exchange heat. The air inside an air conditioned room remains in the room. No air pumped out of, or in to the room.

Air conditioners both intake and exhaust in to the room. Not outside. So your co2 would not be lost.

Ac units take in the warm air from the room, remove the heat and moisture from the air and return that same air back in to the room. Only the heat is removed.

This may be what was confusing you.

eFeNGee

eFeNGee

Thanks for your reply BigCube. :)
So basically, if I am able to keep stable temperature and humidity in the room and to supply enough CO2 I don't have to worry about an intake of fresh air and it's just fine if the air circulates only in the room and the tent, is that right?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
So basically, if I am able to keep stable temperature and humidity in the room and to supply enough CO2 I don't have to worry about an intake of fresh air and it's just fine if the air circulates only in the room and the tent, is that right?
Correct, if you are providing the CO2 you do not need the outside fresh air. Just make sure to keep monitoring your levels and keep it above 440 and increase from there. At a certain point your lights will limit how much the plants can take...good luck !

BigCube

BigCube

You got it 👍

Top Bottom