Need Help With Ventilation Please

• Thread starter superskunk4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
superskunk4u

superskunk4u

Ok, so I've started another "lil" project and I'm unsure what sort of ventilation system I will need to have in place. It's 10.522 cubic feet so I know I wont need anything too big. I will be running 5x 23w 1430lumen cfl's
I had 3 of them turned on today with a thermometer just to get a rough incite on the temp and over an hour period it stayed around the 32 degrees mark so I would only need to drop the overall temp a little bit... any help would be appreciated. thanks :)

Image1
Image3
BarnaGoat

BarnaGoat

With using CFL's tempature isn't an issue. You can use 8" and 12" computer fans for a good air circulation. That's only if smell isn't an issue.

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

yes I would need some form of carbon filter, was just thinking if I end up going with the Pc fan I might just make a basic carbon filter using stockings and carbon but not too sure yet or 4" inline with a carbon filter....hmmm

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

Another thing that just come to mind,if I use pc fans what would be the best way to stop light coming out... the last thing I need is 4 random beams of bright light is there some form of mesh or something for this ???? surely someone would of come across this issue before

BarnaGoat

BarnaGoat

Another thing that just come to mind,if I use pc fans what would be the best way to stop light coming out... the last thing I need is 4 random beams of bright light is there some form of mesh or something for this ???? surely someone would of come across this issue before

If you need a filter go with an 4" inline. Mainly because you'll need negative pressure and PC fans don't cut it. It's a cabinet so intake won't be necessary. A small clip fan would be a plus for circulation (bottom air flow clip fan, top 4"inline with filter). With some knowledge, 2" or 3" pvc, a drill, a sock, some carbon, a filter cloth, and a decent amount of time you can make a decent home made filter. ;)

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

If you need a filter go with an 4" inline. Mainly because you'll need negative pressure and PC fans don't cut it. It's a cabinet so intake won't be necessary. A small clip fan would be a plus for circulation (bottom air flow clip fan, top 4"inline with filter). With some knowledge, 2" or 3" pvc, a drill, a sock, some carbon, a filter cloth, and a decent amount of time you can make a decent home made filter. ;)

That's what I was thinking...I'm going to give the filter a go, should keep me amused for a little bit. also going to go with the 4" in-line and maybe two 4" pc fans at the bottom,when the doors are closed it if a completely sealed unit I have put some fridge seals around the doors to make it a light tight seal with doing this cut of the air.

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

Hey mate! How is everything coming along? Hope those beans are doing well for you
Yeah man all is well up this end of the world.. just been flat out... two of my beans died but one is kicking hard so will see how that goes... seems to be loving her new home that's for sure.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Yeah man all is well up this end of the world.. just been flat out... two of my beans died but one is kicking hard so will see how that goes... seems to be loving her new home that's for sure.
Awesome man! You will have to chuck some more pictures up in the next week or two what strain are you growing man?

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

Awesome man! You will have to chuck some more pictures up in the next week or two what strain are you growing man?
I'll put up a pik over the nxt few days she is not much to look at at the moment but looking nice if I must say.. And as for what strain. Wouldn't have a clue I have this massive container of beans from different places so it's kinda plant and see I guess you could say.

organix4207

organix4207

If it's a peat based soileess mix. Around the 2 week mark start feeding 1/4 strength nutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom