Need help

• Thread starter Jay2341
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jay2341

Hi guys really need some help I’ve had to pull one plant down early as it was dying weren’t taking no feed it’s about 1 week early so I’ve had to chopped it down and dry it out as I never had enough time to flush it out I’ve but it in mason jars to cure would that help ? Anything I need to do thanks for your help

BigCube

BigCube

Nothing you can do about it now. What you should have done is left it up till it was time. Even if it looked to be "dying".
Keep flushing and wait for it to be done.
Worse thing that would happen would be it did die and not flush properly. But it could have well finished had it not been taken down early.

Now that the deed is done, there's nothing you can do. Dry and cure it properly, but don't expect it to taste very good. Might be better to make oil/concentrates out of it. If you got even 1 week flush in there it might not be too harsh to smoke.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hi guys really need some help I’ve had to pull one plant down early as it was dying weren’t taking no feed it’s about 1 week early so I’ve had to chopped it down and dry it out as I never had enough time to flush it out I’ve but it in mason jars to cure would that help ? Anything I need to do thanks for your help
I usually Flush (leech) and have missed a few times. TBH, most of the time it doesn't seem bad, especially after a few months in jars. I do keep a flush agent on hand for when I Fkup. Florakleen etc).
Your smoke should be just fine with a good cure (2 months minimum)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Honestly I like leaving mine shaggy like that too lol. I know that makes me the weird one, but hey what can you do? Lol
Not at all..Sometimes I leave some leaf depending on: to slow the dry more; because there are so many trichs on some leaves; or..SIMPLY BECAUSE I HAVE GOTTEN VERY LAZY IN MY OLD AGE! LMAO
I am from the 60's and there is no way any smoke that I messed up growing early on was as harsh as back then (Bricko de Mexico)
Talking sticks and seeds..That's harsh and what headaches are made of.

On a different subject..I recently found that my fears of a "pure" sativa have been unfounded..Grew out a Malawi x Panama and TBH was concerned about paranoia etc..never happened BUT
1) Not for after 3pm and
2) NOT FOR BEGINNERS!:fire::fire::fire:

J

Jay2341

Nothing you can do about it now. What you should have done is left it up till it was time. Even if it looked to be "dying".
Keep flushing and wait for it to be done.
Worse thing that would happen would be it did die and not flush properly. But it could have well finished had it not been taken down early.

Now that the deed is done, there's nothing you can do. Dry and cure it properly, but don't expect it to taste very good. Might be better to make oil/concentrates out of it. If you got even 1 week flush in there it might not be too harsh to smoke.

Even if the plant not taking no feed and it looks dead should still leave it to the end and keep flushing it even if it’s not taking no water ?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Even if the plant not taking no feed and it looks dead should still leave it to the end and keep flushing it even if it’s not taking no water ?

I think you probably did the right thing.

I had one get its roots rotted out by fungus gnats last winter. It was dead so the buds were done. It wasn't taking water either and the soil turned to mush.

J

Jay2341

I think you probably did the right thing.

I had one get its roots rotted out by fungus gnats last winter. It was dead so the buds were done. It wasn't taking water either and the soil turned to mush.
The bottom of the roots are okay it’s not mushy just lower stem’s the big stems they all
Are okay the all hard

J

Jay2341

I'm just saying that I think your point is valid. If they're not drinking they're dead. Might as well chop instead of risking mold/mildew on the buds.

Before harvest should all lights be off 2 days before and sits in the dark

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Before harvest should all lights be off 2 days before and sits in the dark

I'm new to indoor growing so I haven't best able to test that technique yet but a few people I know (who's judgement I trust) on here say they give them 24hrs+ darkness before harvest with good results. It's just a preference and not necessary. Do what you think is best and let us know how it works out.

Do you have a grow diary? I looked but I'm still having trouble navigating the new forum set up.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Flushing is a personal choice. I don't use a ton of potions, tinctures, and high priced nutrients and have been growing for more than a few years. I think the idea for flushing arose when people started to use very high levels of nutrients and different compounds, as opposed to allowing the plant to grow with a much lower level of additions. I personally don't flush and have never had a problem with harshness or odd tastes... so I wouldn't get stressed out too much about it if you didn't do it.
The extra leaf that is left on the bud is also a matter of preference. The added leaf material WILL make it a little harsher, but not too badly, especially if it is cured well/properly, which is where most of the harshness and flavors are removed or added.
On a side note, why did your plant quit growing? Was it finished flowering or was there another problem with it?

J

Jay2341

Flushing is a personal choice. I don't use a ton of potions, tinctures, and high priced nutrients and have been growing for more than a few years. I think the idea for flushing arose when people started to use very high levels of nutrients and different compounds, as opposed to allowing the plant to grow with a much lower level of additions. I personally don't flush and have never had a problem with harshness or odd tastes... so I wouldn't get stressed out too much about it if you didn't do it.
The extra leaf that is left on the bud is also a matter of preference. The added leaf material WILL make it a little harsher, but not too badly, especially if it is cured well/properly, which is where most of the harshness and flavors are removed or added.
On a side note, why did your plant quit growing? Was it finished flowering or was there another problem with it?

To be honest am not sure the rest was okay except 2 just stop taking feed

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
To be honest am not sure the rest was okay except 2 just stop taking feed
I typically stop feeding about 2-3 weeks prior to the planned takedown. This gives the plant the chance to naturally deplete any excess nutrients and it is usually evidenced by the yellowing of the larger fan leaves on the lower part of the plants. Plants store sugars and nutrients in these larger leaves and use them for their contents during flowering, especially if they aren't being fed a lot at the end. It works well for me, although your mileage and results may vary depending on your process.

Top Bottom