need help??

• Thread starter thisismyfirsttime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thisismyfirsttime

hello iv been looking around for help im doing my first ever grow and have 3 plants, 2x nyc diesel and one NL auto and they were all going well until 3 days ago when they started to develop purple spots on them and my first thought was a phosphorous deficiency but thats strange because im only 3 weeks in!! theyre still in veg for 18/6 and then i thought since iv seen this for a while maybe its a genetic thing however the NL is starting to get it too and i cant see any bugs or spider mites or anything in there and iv only been using tap water with a ph from 5.8 to 6.5 every few days in a mother tent .8-.8-160cms in coopeat. iv asked around on other sites iv been into my local hydroponic shop and they have no clue either?? i added a bit of pk top up (.6mls in 2 ltrs spread over 3 plants) to see if that would help and its made the leaves skinnier and now point up towards the lights.
Need help
Need help 2

basscaptain

basscaptain

give it a few hrs and the guys will help out..... you need someone better then me for sure,,,,
@Aqua Man
@MIMedGrower
@chemistry
@oldskol4evr

just to name a Few >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

basscaptain

basscaptain

Awesome thanks. I'm trying to save it but I'm feeling like it's a bit late
it's not......
I don't do all the #'s so this is why I say I can't help....
a good 1 also would be PM
@Buzzer777

don't know if he is to busy with the other's he Helps and he has been trying to stay under the wire But I would do whatever these guys say 100%

basscaptain

basscaptain

They ALL Have Great Idea's Pick 1 of them that will Help and run with that...........

chemistry

chemistry

Based on the info we have, it looks to hot for the seedlings, don't feed any thing but water until they pick up, most seedlings can go a fair while before they need to be fed, some will go to 3 nodes. Water the whole pot for seedlings, as it keeps the humidity up. Don't add anything but water until they green up and get going.

T

thisismyfirsttime

Alright sweet, I have only been using pH water, I haven't used nutes yet because it's too little. The pk top up was the only thing I used and I added it once because it's starting on the other two plants as well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well she is stunted. Looks like week one seedling. What size pot? What is the medium? How often and how much water used?

The tiny amount of ph added wont likely have made a difference either way but never add anything unless you are sure you know what you are doing. Just a tip for the future.

I would say overwatering or inconsistant watering has stunted it. The first deficiency when a plants roots are drowned is phosphorous.

But seedlings that size have all the nutes they need themselves.

T

thisismyfirsttime

18ltr pots, watered every 2-3 days I don't drown the whole pot I water about 4-500mls around the whole thing, only thing I can say for sure is I never end up with any run off as I wanted to be clear of drowning them and that's why I added the small amount of PK top up because that's the same answer I came across. How much should I be watering at this stage. Soaking the fabric pots?? And it's Coco coir, I was told it's the best because it has no nutrients in it so it's the easiest for first timers.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

18ltr pots, watered every 2-3 days I don't drown the whole pot I water about 4-500mls around the whole thing, only thing I can say for sure is I never end up with any run off as I wanted to be clear of drowning them and that's why I added the small amount of PK top up because that's the same answer I came across. How much should I be watering at this stage. Soaking the fabric pots?? And it's Coco coir, I was told it's the best because it has no nutrients in it so it's the easiest for first timers.

Well for the future that's why so many me included start seedlings in party cups. I just saturate to runoff the little cup and plant the taprooted seed and basically do nothing for a week til dry.

But you are supposed to water around the seedling in a circle just outside the perimiter of the little leaves. Some use a mister.

But im pretty sure you watered them too often or inconsistantly. But i never used coco i am talking about potting soil or peat lite mix like pro mix.

But now that you posted this info more will answer that grow in coco.

Also best to hit reply so the member you are answering is alerted to the comment. Or can use @User Name to alert.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

it's not......
I don't do all the #'s so this is why I say I can't help....
a good 1 also would be PM
@Buzzer777

don't know if he is to busy with the other's he Helps and he has been trying to stay under the wire But I would do whatever these guys say 100%
Never saw one like that one, but NEVER give seedlings anything except plain water. They have whatever they need for a few weeks food stored in those round starter leaves. (when the starter leaves yellow and die off..the food supply is done).

I would just let her be and see what happens. My current batch of "hatchlings" is a mess. Weird growth and colors, but I think that my issue is genetic, nothing else.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Did you flush out your coco before you planted in it?

Also like chemistry said seedlings don't need anything but water. A little bit of cal mag wouldn't hurt though, since you're growing in coco.

T

thisismyfirsttime

Well for the future that's why so many me included start seedlings in party cups. I just saturate to runoff the little cup and plant the taprooted seed and basically do nothing for a week til dry.

But you are supposed to water around the seedling in a circle just outside the perimiter of the little leaves. Some use a mister.

But im pretty sure you watered them too often or inconsistantly. But i never used coco i am talking about potting soil or peat lite mix like pro mix.

But now that you posted this info more will answer that grow in coco.

Also best to hit reply so the member you are answering is alerted to the comment. Or can use @User Name to alert.

I was told autos go directly into their final pots?? Also I didn't flush it out as it was a pre made batch just sold pre soaked from the shop. I'm pretty sure this is a Cocopeat mix, I'm all confused now. The first leaves it had are white and crispy dry like bleached. I just checked on them and shes reaching for the light so I hope that's a healthy plant sign. I water in a spiral to help the roots reach out to make it more stable.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was told autos go directly into their final pots?? Also I didn't flush it out as it was a pre made batch just sold pre soaked from the shop. I'm pretty sure this is a Cocopeat mix, I'm all confused now. The first leaves it had are white and crispy dry like bleached. I just checked on them and shes reaching for the light so I hope that's a healthy plant sign. I water in a spiral to help the roots reach out to make it more stable.

Yeah my first grow was autos started in a 5 gallon pot. I overwatered the hell out of them. Lol.

You are doing what you are supposed to. Just have to feel out what they need. Looks like they were too wet and then dried and reached back up for the light.

Always watch the leaves eventually we have a better idea what they tell us. As they grow more leaves they will drink more and more often and its easier to tell. Seedlings roots are fragile.

T

thisismyfirsttime

IMG 20200103 184950
IMG 20200103 184946
IMG 20200103 184932
this bottom ones my northern lights and 5 gallons is about 19ltrs so the same size

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

View attachment 926802View attachment 926803View attachment 926805this bottom ones my northern lights and 5 gallons is about 19ltrs so the same size

You know they dont have the curled down ribbed look of over watering. Maybe the roots are drying out? The wet spots are kind of all over the place. Should be moist around the seedling. Maybe drip the water closer to it? Could always give a few drops to see how it responds. Not going to hurt anything.

It would help to know what the medium is exactly. If its like pro mix hp cc it gets treated more like soil. Or like the new fox farm mixes. I havent tried the peat/ coco mixes but they have like 30% coco. Mostly for drainage. Bet it dries out real fast.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
dome them girls for a day or two and watch em jump. RH can be a seedlings best friend but i also think you stunned it. either way i would dome em myself

OG

T

thisismyfirsttime

I had a feel and it's quite moist down in the pot. The top looks dry but less than an inch down it's nice and moist so maybe it was a bit of over watering. I got it from a place called hydroponics express it's a 70/30 mix by nf. Green nf for the logo, what's dome??

DeezNutes

DeezNutes

What about your temperature? If it's not high enough 70+ for day 50-60+ nights it can stay too moist both possibly causing stunting and some of the discoloration. People like to flush their coco for salts and I think potassium-double check that tho. And whoever told you that, doesn't really know what they are talking about I'd assume. Think about it. Give two guys some clones both first time growers and you gave one guy a substrate with all the nutrients it needs to grow until it's flowering or almost done and the other guy got inert substrate where he has to add the correct macro and micro nutrients from multiple bottles every week trying to figure out a nutrient line for the first time and btw it can dry out faster but that depends. Which one sounds easier? One would be a super soil mix and the other is coco. I am not the most experienced so I have started seedlings with soil from indoor mixes to local pro bulk soil-maybe not the best. Rn i go with something somewhat in the middle like pro-mix or a coco like Royal gold with some nutrients in it. I would go with a somewhat fluffy or light soil mixture that isn't too hot to start and feed autos and transplant/feed others once they are more established. Solo cups or something just under a half gallon helps with moisture control in the early stage. Seedlings don't Slurp much

Top Bottom