Need Helping poping older beans from 2015/2016.

• Thread starter Mr.D0p3sauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

As the title says. I need a little help poping / germinating some seeds that i have from 2015/2016. They weren't kept in the best environmentally stable atmosphere conditions. Just in a dime baggy, inside a ziploc, inside a fake book. So 3 layers of defense. Stayed in a room that ranges from 50-85 thru out the years.

Any ways I know I did a shit job Tryna preserve them to the best that I could. Im having a little trouble trying to pop these beans.

Any tips? Or tricks. Im tryna revive some of my older work and cross it into my new work. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

As the title says. I need a little help poping / germinating some seeds that i have from 2015/2016. They weren't kept in the best environmentally stable atmosphere conditions. Just in a dime baggy, inside a ziploc, inside a fake book. So 3 layers of defense. Stayed in a room that ranges from 50-85 thru out the years.

Any ways I know I did a shit job Tryna preserve them to the best that I could. Im having a little trouble trying to pop these beans.

Any tips? Or tricks. Im tryna revive some of my older work and cross it into my new work. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
That doesnt sound very old...ijs...maybe im not exp enuff to say...ill say it!!

I think your fine. A lil h202 maybe or sonething else to kill any bad microbes and some good h20 i think is all thats needed. Bag seed i take it? If they dont pop they may not have been meant to, genetics and all..oh and the right temps...usually 78 to 80

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

There beans from my old stock. First time having hard time poping beans. Only a specific batch of seeds that i have. So your saying to clean them with h202 first? Or soak em?

I been saoaking these like I normally do n just couldn't get this batch of older beans to pop.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Ive heard of scuffing up the seeds with sandpaper....i didnt know you tried them and they werent poppin for ya. Ive done 10 yr old seeds from thseeds A-train had no problem. You bread these yourself i take it?

Looks like you got an issue I've never dealt with...ive also heard orca inoculate wotks too...

BodaciousG

BodaciousG

There are a few of ways to do this. For older beans, try just a few first and see if they work. If they don't sprout, try a few more, use a disposable fingernail file and scuff them a little, soak them in 3% peroxide for a minute and then add your r/o water. That will also kill any cooties too. Soak for 24 hours in a semi warm spot, in the dark and check for tails. If the seeds don't have tails and sank, put them in wet a paper towel, in that semi warm place, in the dark. Check them every 12 hours and keep them damp/wet. If that does not work there is GA3 which is a plant hormone.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

best way is to soak them in carbonated water with hydrogen peroxide at 80°+ temps. ive just sprouted a few 8 yr old seeds. they popped atleast. not sure if they will have enough energy to push thru the soil though.

Do you mind telling me how much ml to water you were using? Like ml to cup? Or ml to gal? Thanks in advance ☺

Top Bottom