Need New Way To Clone With Cloner

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

i had 60% rate and it took 2 weeks, idk if the fact the water was warm delayed the rooting cuz I never change the water. I fill it with ro water and add clonex solution and that's it, I check it 2 weeks later. Water gets warm.. some people told me to add heavy16 roots or elite91, but I don't know when to add it, should I be changing the water out? And if I do, when do I change the water in the cloner and what do I put in the water when I change it? If someone can give me a detailed description of how they do it, and maybe some pics, would help a lot... I also noticed the red misters were clogged, cleaned them out but there's still 4 misters that don't shoot, idk if that's an issue... let me know guys.!

Smerb

Smerb

That's a lot to answer. Your clogging problem is something you already know. Start there. Fill your machine with water and don't add rooting agent. I'll help anyway, let's fix your prob.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I do pretty good at cloning. Have my tek sown solid.

Pump runs 24hrs
18/6 4' 4 bulb t8 6400k lights
Aero cloner (sometimes with or without out an air stone. Found no difference in growth times)
Dip n grow cloning solution at a 20% dilution.
Let soak min of 5mins.
Tap h20
Ph 6.0
Checked daily and topped off with fresh tap and ph to 6.0

I rarely lose clones. My record from snip to roots is 3 days, potted in 5 of 1 particular strain. It's crazy, tis dip n grow stuff far exceeds any other gel or liquid in the past 5 yrs. And it's cheap, 11.00 a bottle, good for up to 1000 clones. I don't think I ever got 1k out of a bottle. But still well worth every penny.

vangs

vangs

I do pretty good at cloning. Have my tek sown solid.

Pump runs 24hrs
18/6 4' 4 bulb t8 6400k lights
Aero cloner (sometimes with or without out an air stone. Found no difference in growth times)
Dip n grow cloning solution at a 20% dilution.
Let soak min of 5mins.
Tap h20
Ph 6.0
Checked daily and topped off with fresh tap and ph to 6.0

I rarely lose clones. My record from snip to roots is 3 days, potted in 5 of 1 particular strain. It's crazy, tis dip n grow stuff far exceeds any other gel or liquid in the past 5 yrs. And it's cheap, 11.00 a bottle, good for up to 1000 clones. I don't think I ever got 1k out of a bottle. But still well worth every penny.
Is it cloning gel or cloning solution ?

jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

my cloner worked pretty well and was hardly any work at all. was just a 5 gallon bucket with 9 holes for the little net pot with neoprene disk in them. had a harbor freight submersible pump plumbed to a tube i made with sprayers in it. pump ran 15 minutes an hour and i only used ph'd tap water. had it under a cfl in my garage so temps were always around 60. i would just cut, dip in clonex and put cutting in a disk. about a week later i would have roots. sometimes simpler is better. i had to slow down on cuttings because i was running out of room. there were a few that by time i had room for them in a tent they were all the way in the water lol. like they were using my cloner as a dwc

Issack

Issack

I clean my power cloner with bleach thoroughly in between clone runs. I have found if I don't do this I will get less rooted. I also put my pump on a timer and only run it for 15 minutes on. And 45 off. I get 98% every time. Keeps the water from getting too warm.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I clean my power cloner with bleach thoroughly in between clone runs. I have found if I don't do this I will get less rooted. I also put my pump on a timer and only run it for 15 minutes on. And 45 off. I get 98% every time. Keeps the water from getting too warm.
45 mins off?dont they dry out?i do 15 on 15 off but if I can lessen the time the pumps on I,ll do it!

The Terps

The Terps

If your emitters were clogged. Then your unit was most likely un sterile clean after every use. Fill with water and bleach solution and let it run for 5-10 mins. This will steralize the inside of the unit pump and emitter manifolds. Keeping the pump sterile is key as it is always dark and wet inside easy to breed the unwanted bacteria.

Once bleached fill with plain water and repeat 2x or throw a garden hose in it outside and let it run till their is no longer and bleach water.

A cycle timer can help with temps. But if your water is to warm it's just no use.

I hate clone machines though wont use them, to many parts to clean and variables to go wrong. Power outage dead, pump failure dead. Miss one tiny spot cleaning dead. Have the lid on just slightly of canter water drips out to the point water temps raise or gets to low and burns out pump dead. It takes 3-4x longer to transplant. And I always lose those stupid collars and end up trying to stuff a hole with something.

I will not argue you do get roots 25% faster! But I have a solution for that... take clones 2 days earlier. And there are way more benefits. Easy transplant! Can take as many or as few as you want, you can stack 1000s on a tiny rack that could house maybe 300 count machine. No electrical use or malfunction. Minimal sterilization practices need. Transport far more way easier. And finally cost! Those pieces of junk are so pricey.

In conclusion rockwool cloning is a superior method of propagation for the serious farmer.

The Terps

The Terps

Just for perspective to @DemonTrich method.
1. Mix 5.5 water dunk rockwool
2. Fill prop tray 1/4" perlite (I reuse) place wool in tray
3. Clean scissors and cut clones into a bucket of water I typically cut 100+ at a time.
4. Apply hormones via gel liquid or powder.
5. Slide cuts into wool apply dome and cook 9 days.
6. Wash scissors cause your already set up to take more clones.

Issack

Issack

45 mins off?dont they dry out?i do 15 on 15 off but if I can lessen the time the pumps on I,ll do it!
Yes 45 minutes off. And no it doesn't dry out. Your clones are on a lid covering a pool of water. It's mega humidity in there. Assuming you have air stones as well.
Been doing this for years. Works perfectly every time. Cool water = good roots.!

Issack

Issack

Another trick for people using the small areo cloners with 20 and 30 sites, where the pump is huge and it heats your water way faster than say a 100 or 120 site. Take that cloner and punch some holes in it with a 1 1/2 forsner bit. Then get a 20 or 30 gallon plastic tote and submerge it in that to where the water level is above your misters. This makes you have that big volume of water and your temps stay nice and cool.

hiboy

hiboy

Always add water to your cloner if it gets low they like the fresh
Secondly always check your pH every three or four days especially the second day it will change you want to be about 5 1/2 but below six
Keep the dome on but take it off once a day for a little bit then put it back on you can even do a little spray on the babies
Room temperature should be around 75 to 80°
I only put a little silicate
you could even put a splash of A and B nutrient
But not necessary

If you're Jets are clogged you must clean them out because if water doesn't shoot on the roots your plants will definitely wilt and die
Hb

Last edited:
G

GrowMoor

An auto cloner is superior to trays in every way. If you cannot afford one then build one, but it is a must have when growing professionally.

Top Bottom