Need opinions on ripeness

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Doing my best to see this but about all I see is that it's time to get new glasses LOL

..can anybody give me an opinion on ripeness?

what I see is mostly cloudy with equal amounts, maybe 5 - 10% of both clear and Amber.

This is a Remo chemo at 80 Days it looks very done overall but I'm having trouble zooming in on the trichomes regardless of which tool I use due to poor eyesight via cataracts, these were the best pictures I could get, thanks for any input

Need opinions on ripeness
Need opinions on ripeness 2

Perception

Perception

It’s hard to tell from the photos, but my amateur opinion is that you are close - maybe a week left?

I’m no expert. 10 grows under my belt, and I feel like I’m getting closer to seeing proper ripeness, but I’d need to see more zoomed in photos to have a more confident opinion for you. From what you are saying with the trichome colors though, sounds close.

I’ve found that when I initially “think” 90% of the trichomes have turned opaque, that on closer inspection, it’s usually a lower percentage, and that I have another week or two.

Perception

Perception

A tip for zoomed photos: do you have a jewelers loupe? Try holding it directly against a camera phone lens, and get phone up close to buds. Depending on the phone, sometimes you can get excellent macro photos with no straining of the eyes

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Real close I agree. Cant see the heads clearly but the are mostly still standing up straight. I bet there is still a good percentage of clear. When full of resin they will bend from the weight more. I like to harvest when they look like a snowstorm hit. And the trees are bent down from the weight of the snow and the heads are snowy white.

Also if you like natural treatments. I used to work for Natural Opthalmics. The president amd formulater was the general manager of Similisan. These are homeopathic eye treatment companies.

Homeopathic Cineraria (an herb used in india for centuries to cure cataracts) is available in eye drops.

I was account manager and retired patients reported getting their drivers licenses back after years of losing them due to cataracts. But they couldnt afford or did not want the lens replacement operation.

Must use consistantly and long term to see results. Fastest positive report i saw was improvement in one year. Many reports if still using at two years.

Looks like similisan changed the name to aging eye care. But there is no expiration so you could use a new older bottle. Homeopathics dont degrade if still sealed.

Hope this helps :)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for the input I took these with the a zoom lens attachment, not sure they're much better?

20190419 104634
20190419 104742
20190419 104757

Don't go too far I've got a black D. O. G. or two that I'm going to need opinion on tomorrow !? LOL

the mild Cataract is mainly in my right eye, which is my sighting eye, I'm trying to train the left eye to sight, the only time the cataract bothers me is literally when I'm trying to see trichomes!

I really need to take this Plant, I need the room; if I have to keep it in the dark closet it's in now for 3 days I'll do that too

I'm definitely appreciating opinions because I'm curious to see how bad my eyesight is I know it's not gotten any better since I noticed this very issue maybe a year ago. I'm due for glasses and a checkup anyway, probably should stop putting it off

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A tip for zoomed photos: do you have a jewelers loupe? Try holding it directly against a camera phone lens, and get phone up close to buds. Depending on the phone, sometimes you can get excellent macro photos with no straining of the eyes
This is the best picture yet! I'm comfortable taking it, I'll leave it in the dark until Sunday afternoon and then I'll chop it during the Ballgame

20190419 110222
20190419 110225

It's a big plant so I'll not rush it, I think two or three days in the dark will finish it up adequately, I'm not a big fan of too much Amber, maybe 10% Max anyway

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanks for the input I took these with the a zoom lens attachment, not sure they're much better?

View attachment 866705View attachment 866706View attachment 866707

Don't go too far I've got a black D. O. G. or two that I'm going to need opinion on tomorrow !? LOL

the mild Cataract is mainly in my right eye, which is my sighting eye, I'm trying to train the left eye to sight, the only time the cataract bothers me is literally when I'm trying to see trichomes!

I really need to take this Plant, I need the room; if I have to keep it in the dark closet it's in now for 3 days I'll do that too

I'm definitely appreciating opinions because I'm curious to see how bad my eyesight is I know it's not gotten any better since I noticed this very issue maybe a year ago. I'm due for glasses and a checkup anyway, probably should stop putting it off
I have a similar problem..I have an LSP (Lumpy Space Princess) from Solfire Gardens that is slowly ripening, and I need the room. I am TRYING something that may help. Took a 2700k House LED..removed the globe and put the plant under it in another room to see if she will continue to ripen up. (I think it should work). I needed the space since I have a male getting ready to drop some pollen!

Always look at the trichs on the buds and not the sugar leaves. Sugars ripen faster.
The bottom shot was used to make the closeup with Photoshop on a W10 PC.
Snap2
DSC 1321

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have a similar problem..I have an LSP (Lumpy Space Princess) from Solfire Gardens that is slowly ripening, and I need the room. I am TRYING something that may help. Took a 2700k House LED..removed the globe and put the plant under it in another room to see if she will continue to ripen up. (I think it should work). I needed the space since I have a male getting ready to drop some pollen!

Always look at the trichs on the buds and not the sugar leaves. Sugars ripen faster.
View attachment 866709View attachment 866711
Your pictures are way clearer than mine! I think my plant is more done than yours from what I can see?

I'm trying to train my sharp left eye as my sighting eye, similar to the way you'd sight a rifle but it just gives me an instant headache, it's weird but I can only use my right eye to site

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

Your pictures are way clearer than mine! I think my plant is more done than yours from what I can see?

I'm trying to train my sharp left eye as my sighting eye, similar to the way you'd sight a rifle but it just gives me an instant headache, it's weird but I can only use my right eye to site
Not seeing any amber, not done yet. How many days in bloom?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Real close I agree. Cant see the heads clearly but the are mostly still standing up straight. I bet there is still a good percentage of clear. When full of resin they will bend from the weight more. I like to harvest when they look like a snowstorm hit. And the trees are bent down from the weight of the snow and the heads are snowy white.

Also if you like natural treatments. I used to work for Natural Opthalmics. The president amd formulater was the general manager of Similisan. These are homeopathic eye treatment companies.

Homeopathic Cineraria (an herb used in india for centuries to cure cataracts) is available in eye drops.

I was account manager and retired patients reported getting their drivers licenses back after years of losing them due to cataracts. But they couldnt afford or did not want the lens replacement operation.

Must use consistantly and long term to see results. Fastest positive report i saw was improvement in one year. Many reports if still using at two years.

Looks like similisan changed the name to aging eye care. But there is no expiration so you could use a new older bottle. Homeopathics dont degrade if still sealed.

Hope this helps :)
A lot of them are falling over which makes it hard to see them but the plant overall is very ripe looking, and dropping leaves by the hundreds, however I suspect you're right that there are more clear than I see ? I would like 5% more Amber and 5% less clear, hopefully til Sunday in the dark will give me that ?

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My eyes are terrible these days..I use a DSLR and blow it up with Photoshop. Photoshop also will sharpen and color correct enough for me to see what is happening. This plant is a fast finisher and I think she will be done next week. I am lucky and really don't need her for anything as my "stock" is fine these days.

Of late I have been seeing a mixture of clear/cloudy and Amber trichs on my plants....makes it more difficult for me. Toss in the fact that I have been growing more Sativa Leaners and want more amber..makes for a mess..mean time that DJ Short Male BB will not wait..LOL

I also have a "77" day Malawi x Panama (a scary one..LOL) that is now at day 95 and still going..no leaves, but still going..
4 13 19 1

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My eyes are terrible these days..I use a DSLR and blow it up with Photoshop. Photoshop also will sharpen and color correct enough for me to see what is happening. This plant is a fast finisher and I think she will be done next week. I am lucky and really don't need her for anything as my "stock" is fine these days.

Of late I have been seeing a mixture of clear/cloudy and Amber trichs on my plants....makes it more difficult for me. Toss in the fact that I have been growing more Sativa Leaners and want more amber..makes for a mess..mean time that DJ Short Male BB will not wait..LOL

I also have a "77" day Malawi x Panama (a scary one..LOL) that is now at day 95 and still going..no leaves, but still going..
View attachment 866713
Exactly what I'm seeing, a mix of everything! I see this a lot more in the winter than the summer but yeah that's where I'm at too, and this is a sativa leaner for sure

H

hawkman

just remember that once you see a "amber" color trichomes they will start to decay/turn amber at the rate of 5% per week So for a 10% amber and 90% milky harvest one must harvest once a amber is spotted (2 weeks from time of at 5% perwk) harvest is a very personal thing !!!

H

hawkman

View attachment 866709View attachment 866711
after switching to led's my harvest was a bit too long because of the led light

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

after switching to led's my harvest was a bit too long because of the led light
I have been using LEDs exclusively for a Loooong time! These were under HLG QBs in 3000k and 2700k for flower.
Even if I wanted to go HPS/CMH ( I don't) the heat would kill me here in the High Sierra of Nevada.. @Rootbound @CaliRooted
NOT in SAIGON this time..LMAO
LSP is a 53-60 day plant..I usually go about a week beyond breeder's estimates. As I mentioned..things got rushed because I am flowering a Male in the same tent. Actually that LSP Female was "trespassing" in my breeding tent...LOL
4 15 19 1

4 15 19

H

hawkman

I have been using LEDs exclusively for a Loooong time! These were under HLG QBs in 3000k and 2700k for flower.
Even if I wanted to go HPS/CMH ( I don't) the heat would kill me here in the High Sierra of Nevada.. @Rootbound @CaliRooted
NOT in SAIGON this time..LMAO
LSP is a 53-60 day plant..I usually go about a week beyond breeder's estimates. As I mentioned..things got rushed because I am flowering a Male in the same tent. Actually that LSP Female was "trespassing" in my breeding tent...LOL
View attachment 866719

View attachment 866720
Nice !! DJ Short plant at some point I want to get his Blueberry - he started it all !!!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nice !! DJ Short plant at some point I want to get his Blueberry - he started it all !!!
I dropped 4 of them..all are sensitive to nutes and water as well..leaf tips curl almost on contact, but the growth has been normal otherwise. I have a sibling female in the veg closet now and will try to flower her at a time when the male's pollen is at the freshest. It's the thrill of new strains that has me now....Flowered a Crockett Strawberry Fields male and made about 6 new strains before the pollen expired (I think). This time I will freeze some for use throughout the year.

If I find the time, I will make a clone and reverse it for feminized seeds.

H

hawkman

so you are going to make D.J. Short Blueberry x Strawberry Fields (Crocket seeds) Keep informed about your project sounds like some great seeds !!! thanks about the info on blueberry

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

so you are going to make D.J. Short Blueberry x Strawberry Fields (Crocket seeds) Keep informed about your project sounds like some great seeds !!! thanks about the info on blueberry
I may in the future, but for now, my Strawberry Fields Female is jarred and the Male pollen is no longer viable, For now..It's BB and some BOG Sour Grape pollen.
She was a pretty plant and super smoke/rosin..+ the six strains that I made seeds with and have started to grow!

1 9 19

4 18 19

Top Bottom