Need opinions on ripeness

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Great looking plants - look like I have some one to ask about breeding
LOL..Thanx, but I am only a beginner! I have been luck SO FAR.

I have actually been devoting a lot of resources (time) to trying to select proper males for breeding. Females have been sorta easy, but like most..I had almost no experience with males.

This time I tried to buy top shelf genetics for breeding (Terpy ones). So far, I have Oni, Crockett, DJ Short, and a few other lesser known breeders offerings. A few were feminized, so in order to carry on those..I will have to clone and feminize (a lot of work and the summer grow has begun)

Here was Strawberry Fields wearing a DIY E-collar (worked too)
1 2 19 SF

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Doing my best to see this but about all I see is that it's time to get new glasses LOL

..can anybody give me an opinion on ripeness?

what I see is mostly cloudy with equal amounts, maybe 5 - 10% of both clear and Amber.

This is a Remo chemo at 80 Days it looks very done overall but I'm having trouble zooming in on the trichomes regardless of which tool I use due to poor eyesight via cataracts, these were the best pictures I could get, thanks for any input

View attachment 866699View attachment 866700
so I checked the Remo Chemo after 48 hours in the dark just now and I ended up not taking it :/

Tonight at lights on I'm going to give it 8 hours light outside the tent with the flap open, (cuz it's not going back in!) I'll do this for at least 3 days and then check it again

I've never put one in dark and then put it back on a dark/light cycle before? but it's only for a few days and this plant has to get processed asap, I would say I'm at 5% amber now, but I need another 5%

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

so I checked the Remo Chemo after 48 hours in the dark just now and I ended up not taking it :/

Tonight at lights on I'm going to give it 8 hours light outside the tent with the flap open, (cuz it's not going back in!) I'll do this for at least 3 days and then check it again

I've never put one in dark and then put it back on a dark/light cycle before? but it's only for a few days and this plant has to get processed asap, I would say I'm at 5% amber now, but I need another 5%
You should be just fine imo..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You should be just fine imo..
I'm sure it will be ok this late, I'm not worried about it, it has get chopped sooner than later anyway

I've not had great luck putting plants into the dark if I'm honest, I've stopped doing it years ago, a few strains seem to marginally respond to an extended dark period, I remember White Widow did for example, but most not so much if at all

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I'm sure it will be ok this late, I'm not worried about it, it has get chopped sooner than later anyway

I've not had great luck putting plants into the dark if I'm honest, I've stopped doing it years ago, a few strains seem to marginally respond to an extended dark period, I remember White Widow did for example, but most not so much if at all
I still put them in the dark for 48 hrs..It seems to help the cure or something that I can't explain, but as you say..not with all strains. I find that the plants that are the closest to the end respond better.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I still put them in the dark for 48 hrs..It seems to help the cure or something that I can't explain, but as you say..not with all strains. I find that the plants that are the closest to the end respond better. (Not webs, but either my or my dog's hair..LOl)
DSC 1333
Malawi x Panama

Now I think that the Malawi x Panama is about finished..If she still had leaves, trimming would take me days on end!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I still put them in the dark for 48 hrs..It seems to help the cure or something that I can't explain, but as you say..not with all strains. I find that the plants that are the closest to the end respond better. (Not webs, but either my or my dog's hair..LOl)
View attachment 866993View attachment 866994
Now I think that the Malawi x Panama is about finished..If she still had leaves, trimming would take me days on end!
Malawi x Panama is down!..
Holy crap..tons of very heavy colas..3 hrs to trim and I thought she would be easy..NOT...thousands of tiny sugar leaves to get out of those tight buds..I mean tight AF! Not what I expected from a Sativa at all.

Gonna smoke some Scissor hash..if you don't heart from me..send HELP!! LMAO!
This is only 1/2 of the plant..YIKES!!

H

hawkman

LOL..Thanx, but I am only a beginner! I have been luck SO FAR.

I have actually been devoting a lot of resources (time) to trying to select proper males for breeding. Females have been sorta easy, but like most..I had almost no experience with males.

This time I tried to buy top shelf genetics for breeding (Terpy ones). So far, I have Oni, Crockett, DJ Short, and a few other lesser known breeders offerings. A few were feminized, so in order to carry on those..I will have to clone and feminize (a lot of work and the summer grow has begun)

Here was Strawberry Fields wearing a DIY E-collar (worked too)
View attachment 866809
Holy crap..tons of very heavy colas..3 hrs to trim and I thought she would be easy..NOT...thousands of tiny sugar leaves to get out of those tight buds..I mean tight AF! Not what I expected from a Sativa at all.

Those sativa strain really grow "crazy" and as you found out a bit more to trim - do you make hash with the sugar leaves (dry ice method) ? should be some killer when the cure is done !! smoke report, please

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

4 21 19 Malawi x Panama half plant

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Those sativa strain really grow "crazy" and as you found out a bit more to trim - do you make hash with the sugar leaves (dry ice method) ? should be some killer when the cure is done !! smoke report, please
No hate plz, but I have too much bulk, and wind up tossing the trim after I shake it a bit in my Trim Bin. I make all my hash (dry sift (No dry ice though) and bubble) from tops only. Same goes for butter and tincture.

I will report back after it drys for a few days. It's been many yrs since I smoked a sativa and TBH, they scare me a bit (hate that paranoia and eye gouging), but it was time for a new adventure..

A buddy said that his Panama x Malawi (the reverse of mine) made some of the best rosin ever. I will be pressing away! LOL

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I've embarrassed myself enough with my poor photography skills LOL so I'm not going to try to get any more pictures but 72 hours in the dark put quite a bit of Amber on this remo chemo plant

Half a dozen main colas are hanging, half a dozen more tops will come tomorrow, and then the whole plant will come down this weekend

I'm finishing up this thread because this is the first time I've ever put a plant in the dark and then put it back on its normal flowering schedule (although I know this is sometimes done when putting a plant from Veg into flower), the plant showed no ill effects and the trichomes Ambered up quickly on this particular strain, hope this helps ?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So I've embarrassed myself enough with my poor photography skills LOL so I'm not going to try to get any more pictures but 72 hours in the dark put quite a bit of Amber on this remo chemo plant

Half a dozen main colas are hanging, half a dozen more tops will come tomorrow, and then the whole plant will come down this weekend

I'm finishing up this thread because this is the first time I've ever put a plant in the dark and then put it back on its normal flowering schedule (although I know this is sometimes done when putting a plant from Veg into flower), the plant showed no ill effects and the trichomes Ambered up quickly on this particular strain, hope this helps ?
Your pictures will improve as you practice. I would have not bought a special DSLR, but already had one and Photoshop, or I would use a cheapo loupe and/or smart phone camera attachment. Also plz consider chopping in stages if you have the time and space..Enjoy!!!!!!!!!:smoking:

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Your pictures will improve as you practice. I would have not bought a special DSLR, but already had one and Photoshop, or I would use a cheapo loupe and/or smart phone camera attachment. Also plz consider chopping in stages if you have the time and space..Enjoy!!!!!!!!!:smoking:
My pictures would improve with a better camera. I often harvest in stages, I am not a new grower, I simply could not see the trichomes well because of a progressive vision issue as I mentioned in my first post in this thread

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My pictures would improve with a better camera. I often harvest in stages, I am not a new grower, I simply could not see the trichomes well because of a progressive vision issue as I mentioned in my first post in this thread
Sorry, i forgot..no insult intended.

I have an older Samsung S6 smart phone with a decent camera.....If I attach one of those 40-60x loupes..the pics are acceptable.
My vision is in the can and has been for a while now, so I am very sympathetic.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So this is the latest purchase, it works well, better than the other items I've purchased. If your eyesight is not so great this might help you too, good luck!

Screenshot 20190428 094330 Chrome

H

hawkman

have to get a new one myself - got a few cheap ones' : one lasted for 3 years the next one lasted 3 weeks -have a few price about for about $20.00 Thanks 3 magifiers !!! keep us informed about quality

Kepp89

Kepp89

View attachment 866993View attachment 866994
was this your strawberry fields run? i've got about 4-5 weeks of flowering to go. might use the 48 hour dark run

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

was this your strawberry fields run? i've got about 4-5 weeks of flowering to go. might use the 48 hour dark run
I don't remember, but judging by the date..it was probably a Solfire Gardens Grape Spoodie or their LSP. (Lumpy Space Princess)

My SF was selectively pollinated, so I kept her going longer to protect the seeds..The trichs were pretty well cloudy when she went down. (in stages too)

Top Bottom