Need Opinions - Only second grow/harvest

• Thread starter Diverge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Diverge

I'm harvesting my plants right now and not sure my best option to dry. Right now I have everything hanging off a laundry rack in my bedroom, which is the coldest and most humid part of my apartment. It's 62F and 55% RH in there.

My other option is using my 4x4 tent in my kitchen, where the temperature is 68.5F and 49% RH.

My first grow I paniced because the buds were so dense. I put them in my tent, but had too much air flow and the lost most of their smell, which came back some during the cure process z but was never the same as it was before harvest.

This time the buds are huge and dense as well, and the yield looks like a lot to me. Below are some pictures of the buds hanging off the laundry rack, and what I still have yet to chop. I just want to get ahead of this before the night is done and use the most optimum method given my yield and the 2 places I can dry. I don't mind the smell, actually like it a lot.. and I'm the only one that lives here so I have absolute freedom to do as I want.

Any opinions will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
Need opinions   only second growharvest 2

Need opinions   only second growharvest

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey nice job Diverge. Making it look easy.

One option is to wet trim them. I usually do that myself. Get rid of the remaining fans and most of the stalks. Once you are there, you may find it easier to put them in brown paper grocery bags. It might make it easier to manage the RH without holding in all the water, and also put them in the dark where you want them.

D

Diverge

Hey nice job Diverge. Making it look easy.

One option is to wet trim them. I usually do that myself. Get rid of the remaining fans and most of the stalks. Once you are there, you may find it easier to put them in brown paper grocery bags. It might make it easier to manage the RH without holding in all the water, and also put them in the dark where you want them.

Thanks Moe. I have been removing fan leaves as I go. But will likely hit them again after I finish chopping.

This is many I removed so far:
PXL 20230106 225157523

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thanks Moe. I have been removing fan leaves as I go. But will likely hit them again after I finish chopping.

This is many I removed so far:
View attachment 1317389
You might be able to use the second pass of leaves in an extract as they will likely have resin, but if this is all just for you, I don't think you will likely need to. I'm seeing approaching a pound there. You would have to be a fiend to use all that before your next harvest is cured.

Pulling the extra leaves and stalks off makes it a little easier to control the RH. But you can sleep on the couch too.

Make sure to do a good check on those big colas for any fungus when you harvest. Those are the ones I would be worried about the most.

D

Diverge

Thanks again Moe. I have been worrying about the the colas and mold too. I might separate the secondary buds below the tops to ease my concerns. It's why I posted in the Infirmary section for more visibility, as worrying will give me anxiety lol.

I'll probably be sharing with my 2 local grow buddies. We trade strains. I still have like pound from my first grow vacumm sealed in mason jars. But so tired of that strain. Can't wait for this to dry and cure. It really smells like lemon pie 😍

D

Diverge

Is it safe to leave this branch this big in a room that is 65F 54%RH ?

The next 10 days it will be in the 40s outside, so temps should drop a few degrees.

I plan to slow dry, and cure over a 2 months period. Want the best flavor I can get.

PXL 20230107 005403848

D

Diverge

Man, ill smoke almost 3 ounces a week usually. I smoke to much. Really need a tolerance break, a pound lasts me a little over a month, no bueno.

I had a cold or flu the last 2 weeks. Haven't really smoked much. Was gonna try to extend the break, but NyQuil not making me sleepy anymore... So might have to smoke soon.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Optimum for me is about 65°F and 65% rh. I would use whichever space gets you closest to that and I would keep it dark. Airflow is good, but I personally don’t love a small fan that close to them as in your pic. I tend to use a bigger one pointing away from them. I like circulation in the room without any sort of breeze on them. Keeps them from drying too much on the outside while they’re still wet in the middle. You can still cure them fine, but it takes a little more work and time to draw out all that moisture and get them to a jar-stable place.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I had a cold or flu the last 2 weeks. Haven't really smoked much. Was gonna try to extend the break, but NyQuil not making me sleepy anymore... So might have to smoke soon.
Yep i hear ya. I have a bad back and dont sleep very well, so i find myself smoking anywhere from 4-7 grams of a 70+% indica right before bed, usually 1130-1200. Then im up again about 330-400 and rip down 1 giant bong pack and go back to bed. What luck at 26 lol.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yep i hear ya. I have a bad back and dont sleep very well, so i find myself smoking anywhere from 4-7 grams of a 70+% indica right before bed, usually 1130-1200. Then im up again about 330-400 and rip down 1 giant bong pack and go back to bed. What luck at 26 lol.
I can’t even imagine that. Wow.

D

Diverge

Optimum for me is about 65°F and 65% rh. I would use whichever space gets you closest to that and I would keep it dark. Airflow is good, but I personally don’t love a small fan that close to them as in your pic. I tend to use a bigger one pointing away from them. I like circulation in the room without any sort of breeze on them. Keeps them from drying too much on the outside while they’re still wet in the middle. You can still cure them fine, but it takes a little more work and time to draw out all that moisture and get them to a jar-stable place.

That fan was just temporary while I was chopping and trimming. Finally done with just that, 10 hours later. I put a bigger fan blowing under them, but not at them. Do you think this is okay or should I turn it 180 degrees?

It blows towards the dresser, then towards the bed post. Parallel to the floor.
PXL 20230107 034729442MP2

This is the Honeywell fan I am using. It's on the lowest speed. https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Turbo-Force-Oscillating-HT-906/dp/B00B4BJR58

Everything will be in total dark. I have 4 sensorpush sensors in there. I have to wait for them to stabilize but I should be able to hit the numbers you said to target. If the RH is too low, I can put a humidifier in there to get it there and it will probably hold with the door closed with keeping it running.

Tomorrow I'll do a more fine trim and clean up my tent and hydro system. I'm too tired now. The lids to my buckets dont want to easily lift out. I guess the root mass is caught on my pipes.

I also have a AC unit in there if need be. But pretty sure I won't need it since the n xt 10 days will be in the 40s F.

D

Diverge

Screenshot 20230106 231221

Tomorrow I have to figure out where each one is around the buds. I have one within the rack, and the rest all around it, bud height.

Latest posts

Top Bottom