Need RH advice bad. Big issue

• Thread starter Ezdeezy89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ezdeezy89

Ezdeezy89

I'll try and make this as short as possible.

I'm running 26 650w LEDs. Have three 3 ton AC units running in the room which is perfectly keeping up with the room at 85° canopy temp in the middle of the room. Have 1 hurricane fan per light, and floor fans I've put at each end of each set of racks blowing under the canopy. The airflow is there.

My 420 pints of quest dehu power was struggling at 77% humidity during the day and 85% at night so I bought five 296 pint dehumidifiers to strategically place throughout the room.

I added three of them the first day and it brought my day time rh to 67% and night down to about 55%. I decided to place the other two in the room and can't get the day rh to go any lower. They are set to continuously run but nothing is helping the rh during the day.

I'm aware that rh isn't as bad during lights on as it is off.

Im in week 8 of flower and I've seen some bud rot.

My only option right now is to run temps higher with CO2 supplementation and subsequently drop rh levels and curbing the bud rot at the expense of possible delayed trichome production.

Any of y'all have ideas to help this? I'm cutting about 20-28 possible dried buds off a day due to bud rot.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

I'm running 26 650w LEDs. Have three 3 ton AC units running in the room which is perfectly keeping up with the room at 85° canopy temp in the middle of the room. Have 1 hurricane fan per light, and floor fans I've put at each end of each set of racks blowing under the canopy. The airflow is there.

My 420 pints of quest dehu power was struggling at 77% humidity during the day and 85% at night so I bought five 296 pint dehumidifiers to strategically place throughout the room.

I added three of them the first day and it brought my day time rh to 67% and night down to about 55%. I decided to place the other two in the room and can't get the day rh to go any lower. They are set to continuously run but nothing is helping the rh during the day.

My only option right now is to run temps higher with CO2 supplementation and subsequently drop rh levels and curbing the bud rot at the expense of possible delayed trichome production.

Any of y'all have ideas to help this? I'm cutting about 20-28 possible dried buds off a day due to bud rot.
What kind of extraction fans are you running and how many? What’s the size of the grow room? Must be pretty big.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have struggled with RH for a while too. Just when you think you got it, it comes back to bite you.

Adding multiple smaller units did not get it done for me, I had to go with 1 large unit. I just purchased an even bigger one and getting it set up, it is ducted so it will be outside the growspace. I'm hoping this is the last time I have to mess with this.

My feeling is that multiple smaller units are not as effective as one larger unit. I could be wrong on this. The ratings they give changed a couple years ago, but the truth is it doesn't really matter to us. The higher temp / higher humidity is kinda the sweet spot for dehuy.

When in full on growth, it is not uncommon for me to pull 10 gallons a day out of a 4x8.

Can you measure the amount of water they are pulling and see if they are all similar? If you have 1 or 2 that are not producing, you may need to change the airflow patterns so that output air from one does not feed the input to another dehuy.

growsince79

growsince79

Burn everything and start over with proper conditions.

Top Bottom