Need Soil Blend For 5x 100gal Smarties

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

I'll be running Sannie's Jack Fem this season as a test run.

Planning for 5 100 gal smart pots

Organic soil - Drip watering - no synthetic nutes.

Recommend the ideal soil blend that's possible to have mixed in such a small quantity (500 gals)?

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

This is what I'll be doing for my super soil this year, except for dolomite! 8 bags is good for a 100 gal smart pots I'll be using 24 bags of soil , im also adding 1-2 yards of nursey grade soil to the mix, the soil I'm using is ffof, roots organic, coco! Perilite will be added accordingly

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

This is what I'll be doing for my super soil this year, except for dolomite! 8 bags is good for a 100 gal smart pots I'll be using 24 bags of soil , im also adding 1-2 yards of nursey grade soil to the mix, the soil I'm using is ffof, roots organic, coco! Perilite will be added accordingly

Can i order this or do i have to make it myself? Why no dolomite lime?

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Can i order this or do i have to make it myself? Why no dolomite lime?
Dolomite was used along time ago by the og's & i have it & was mixing soil today i used it
Its in there... at the bottom
1/2 cup sweet lime (dolomite)
dolomote is used to adjust ph in yur soil, growers used this years ago now that we have the ability to fine tune our soils, it can actually do harm so I'll wait til i take ph run-off numbers before i add, i use FFOF, roots organic, coco for my medium, just info

Last edited:
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Yes thats why modern growers dont add dolomite I actually added very little to my mix today

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Also you lucky duck. I couldnt find less than 50lbs of lime at a time in my town so now i have 50 lbs of lime i cant do anything with.

Sorry noticed your tiny little bag. Thats perfect.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Dolomite was used along time ago by the og's & i have it & was mixing soil today i used it, this mix is for upcoming transplant, I'll be mixing enough for 6/100 gal smart pots this recipe is for a 100 gal pot

dolomote is used to adjust ph in yur soil, growers used this years ago now that we have the ability to fine tune our soils, it can actually do harm so I'll wait til i take ph run-off numbers before i add, i use FFOF, roots organic, coco for my medium, just info

Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry

I filled my 100 gallon smartpots of supersoil with
8 bags Fox Farm Ocean Forest
1 Bag of a super soil mix that I buy on ebay (Im not the person selling this product)

1-2 40 lb bags composted cow manure/Earthworm castings/whatever good compost I can find.

I would mix 4 bags FFOF with the supersoil mix and the composted manure and let it cook for about a month, then Id put it in the 100 gallon pot. I would then fill the rest of the pot with un ammended FFOF and plant my plant in it. I would feed only water until harvest.

Top Bottom