Need some advice about air exchange

• Thread starter cowboytwenty2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cowboytwenty2

Hi all, I’m fairly new to cultivation and need some advice. Before we begin, thank you kindly for stopping by….

I’m currently running 2 staggered flower rooms in a partial basement. Given how little ventilation there is being mostly underground, I aim to have my extraction fans running 24/7. Both rooms run passive intakes so with the negative pressure, my living space above the flower rooms can get pretty chilly. Both flower rooms in the basement are side by side and share a thin makeshift wall.

Ive figured that room #2 can get away with having extractor fans on a temp controller shutting it on or off as needed which maintains a perfect climate with plenty of fresh air during lights on. Room #1 being fully underground contains way too much humidity so extractors must always stay on. Now my question is during lights off in room #2, will there be enough fresh air for my girls just from room #1 passively intaking the air thru the vents in the wall they share. Or must I actually have extractors on in order to maintain enough fresh air? It seems like even with extractor fan off in room 2, the negative pressure is so strong from the room next door that the fan is still spinning (backwards?? Drawing air in instead of blowing out) now can anyone shed some light on my situation? I have approx 100 plants in 5gal pots in each room.

I understand keeping the extractor fan on 24/7 in room 2 would erase the need for my question but the negative pressure then is way too strong and my living space turns into a fridge even with multiple heaters on max. I am wondering if I can get away with keeping myself comfortable at home while giving my girls everything they need!
SORRY for the rambling, it is 5am here and I am so cold in bed lol.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hi all, I’m fairly new to cultivation and need some advice. Before we begin, thank you kindly for stopping by….

I’m currently running 2 staggered flower rooms in a partial basement. Given how little ventilation there is being mostly underground, I aim to have my extraction fans running 24/7. Both rooms run passive intakes so with the negative pressure, my living space above the flower rooms can get pretty chilly. Both flower rooms in the basement are side by side and share a thin makeshift wall.

Ive figured that room #2 can get away with having extractor fans on a temp controller shutting it on or off as needed which maintains a perfect climate with plenty of fresh air during lights on. Room #1 being fully underground contains way too much humidity so extractors must always stay on. Now my question is during lights off in room #2, will there be enough fresh air for my girls just from room #1 passively intaking the air thru the vents in the wall they share. Or must I actually have extractors on in order to maintain enough fresh air? It seems like even with extractor fan off in room 2, the negative pressure is so strong from the room next door that the fan is still spinning (backwards?? Drawing air in instead of blowing out) now can anyone shed some light on my situation? I have approx 100 plants in 5gal pots in each room.

I understand keeping the extractor fan on 24/7 in room 2 would erase the need for my question but the negative pressure then is way too strong and my living space turns into a fridge even with multiple heaters on max. I am wondering if I can get away with keeping myself comfortable at home while giving my girls everything they need!
SORRY for the rambling, it is 5am here and I am so cold in bed lol.
You may want to think about active air intakes. Too much negative pressure can create problems with plants and also cut your exhaust fans life in half easily. Just my 2 cents, I’m also interested in this as I recently built a 10x12 grow room in my basement. Right now I also run a passive intake and my exhaust fan runs for 15 minutes and is off for 30 minutes as it’s winter here and cold in the basement. Also keeps my rh between 50-60%.

Top Bottom