Need some Advice ASAP

• Thread starter The Canadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

The Canadian

I am going to water here and I am gonna do half a flush trying to get some decent run off because I had some symptoms in my plant discussed in another forum and I believe it has some build up in the soil... However there are a couple plants that still have decently saturated soil.

Should I go ahead and water anyway to flush it out a bit like the other plants or do I just leave it and let it be?

FTCG

FTCG

@ The Canadian
Flushing doesn't discriminate. A flush is basically running 2 or 3 times the amount of soil you have through with water.

It depends on what you have done previously, so try to keep a log or remember what you have done.

But if you got signs of toxicity in a soilless mix while using liquid fertilizer, the procedure is to flush the plant through, bring in into the tub and run about 3 times the amount of water through it. For example a 1 gallon pot, flush 3 gallons of water and let it drain out the bottom. After you do this, you can either wait to see change, or feed it with a 25% strength solution.

If your organic soil is too hot, then you simply need to water more often, a flush might not help you in this situation, as the organic matter takes weeks or months to break down. And "flushing" in this situation would essentially be watering the soil out and replacing it in a lighter organic potting mix, I guess you could transplant to a larger container with soilless mix to dilute the strength of the soil in this situation.

Not much to go on, my bad for not replying sooner. I saw the thread but felt it was being replied to.

More info needed.

But simple answer is yes you can flush right away which would not be a bad idea. Flush it through. Then take control and add a quarter strength solution so u know at least the plant has what it needs.

Any burn damage is not going to heal. Don't remove the burnt leaves just yet, let them take the damage as act as a buffer. A couple other things you can do is reduce light intensity, and raise relative humidity about 10% to avoid further damage.

Last edited:
T

The Canadian

@ The Canadian
Flushing doesn't discriminate. A flush is basically running 2 or 3 times the amount of soil you have through with water.

It depends on what you have done previously, so try to keep a log or remember what you have done.

But if you got signs of toxicity in a soilless mix while using liquid fertilizer, the procedure is to flush the plant through, bring in into the tub and run about 3 times the amount of water through it. For example a 1 gallon pot, flush 3 gallons of water and let it drain out the bottom. After you do this, you can either wait to see change, or feed it with a 25% strength solution.

If your organic soil is too hot, then you simply need to water more often, a flush might not help you in this situation, as the organic matter takes weeks or months to break down. And "flushing" in this situation would essentially be watering the soil out and replacing it in a lighter organic potting mix, I guess you could transplant to a larger container with soilless mix to dilute the strength of the soil in this situation.

Not much to go on, my bad for not replying sooner. I saw the thread but felt it was being replied to.

More info needed.

But simple answer is yes you can flush right away which would not be a bad idea. Flush it through. Then take control and add a quarter strength solution so u know at least the plant has what it needs.

Any burn damage is not going to heal. Don't remove the burnt leaves just yet, let them take the damage as act as a buffer. A couple other things you can do is reduce light intensity, and raise relative humidity about 10% to avoid further damage.

Sorry I should of been more descriptive I didnt burn the plants flush may be the wrong word. They look really healthy except for a few rust looking spots that with some help was determined to be a cal or mag problem. So i figured with a good clean water and some grozyme it will help clean up the medium from the excess cal that we think is lock out some other nutes I dont think I need a full emergency flush though because they are otherwise quite healthy.

But I was mainly wondering if I should go ahead and give a nice water to the plants that still have saturated soil 26/28 are decently dry and ready for water but for some reason the 2 havent really been sucking or they somehow retained more water then the rest and im not sure if it will help or be harmful to get some run off with them or if I shouls just let them be.

T

The Canadian

@ The Canadian

More info needed.

Here is the previous forum with the problem i had

FTCG

FTCG

Let them be. Over the next few days you will get a better idea of the best course of action.

Latest posts

Top Bottom