need some advice, mega crop v3 coco dtw

• Thread starter GrowerInTraining
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrowerInTraining

Hey Everyone,

New to this forum. Hope my format below makes sense. Essentially I'm wondering if my self-diagnosis is correct. Basic information is found at the bottom of this post. I try to give a bit of background and my observations of these girls' lives to paint a more accurate picture.

Context
I realize I may be misusing the scrog net, but I was used to it and can't help but put it on. Now I have a mainlined+scrog combo of weirdness. I may also need to defoliate a lot more in general.

All 4 plants are being fed the same EC, automatic watering drain to waste. First 1/3 of the plants life, I fed too much mega crop v3+ calimagic and had some nitrogen toxicity. I ended up cutting out GH calimagic from the feed and went straight Mega Crop halfway. When plants were younger, roots had some struggles, may have been too wet too long (algae on side of pot), and roots circled around itself in the fabric pot. This new fabric pot I'm trying seems thick and roots can't seem to poke out of the pots very easily. They started poking out the top of the surface. Now, the medium is a pretty solid block and compact with roots. Water drains properly still, just takes more time and I ended up tuning automatic watering to multiple 15-20 second intervals spread over a "session" to mimic hand watering. I also started using Yucca Powder this grow and perhaps used too much in the early feeds. I have now since been using a small pinch per each 15L (~4 gal) bucket of water. I have a oscillating fan pointing to the walls on 24/7 (thought I had wind burn at first).

I dialed back feed strength and hand watered 1x a day (until run off) over a week at 700-850 EC (inclusive of 340 EC tap). Plants bounced back, and grew vigorously. Been slowly upping the feed from 850 - 1080 EC. Currently feeding 1080 EC over past 2 days or so. I defoliated most of the early big fan leaves that were really dark. Have not noticed any sort of deficiency on the bottom fan leaves. Every fan leaf I trimmed has been green so far.

Problem
Plant #1 MOB
- This plant is nice and green, shorter/stockier than the other MOB. Doesn't space out or stretch too much, smaller sized, tight node space. No tip burn, no real issues, just very short and bushy. Some twisted leaves that were under the canopy, probably due to not enough light/space. I'm slowly defoliating this plant. No real issue here.

Plant #2 MOB - Despite breaking off one of her main stems early in the grow, I stuck it back and it fused itself so now it gives me 4 tops. Resilient girl. This plant looks pretty healthy, praying leaves, good node spacing. Canopy spreads out well, big sized. However, lighter green leaves on the top starting from the middle of the stem (this happens typically on the top of the plant). Some yellow tips and "burn" happening on this plant. The yellow-turned-brown tips are sporadic and can be randomly found on all levels of the plant (top/mid/bottom).

Self-diagnosis: since most of the lighter green leaves started at the top, and no bottom fan leaves show signs of deficiency. Immobile nutrient likely. It's exhibiting deficiency in Iron/Zinc. Could be caused by excess Phosphorous? I heard Mega Crop v3 (late 2020) had high Phosphorus. They reduced it in the current V4 (July 2021) formula. Could be Potassium deficiency? But then I'd see the lower fan leaves getting sucked out of Potassium. I believe my EC feed is on the low side... so excess phosphorous is less likely. Stumped. Also, what else would you do to improve the current state? I'm thinking of watering 2x a day (heavier runoff) with the same amount of water instead of 3x I'm doing now. Maybe not keep it too wet.

Plant #3 Black Diamond - This plant is pretty big as well, similar size to plant #2, but the leaves are not praying. In fact, leaves seem to flatten out and slightly down. May be genetics? Drinks the most feed. The yellowing at the top and of brand new growth (that are under the canopy) are quite obvious. Seems to be slightly worse than Plant #2. Observed thin spindly new growth.

Self-diagnosis: same as Plant #2

Plant #4 Black Diamond - At germination, this plant was stunted and set back a week's time. This plant has really tight node spacing. Fan leaves have shown the claw throughout it's life except for newer growth on the top. Also, leaves were very puffy and stiff, until recently, it has opened up, and softer. Still a little puffy but much better. I believe because of the early setback, it's a week or so younger/slower than the rest. Now, newer growth is much lighter green. Perhaps showing interveinal chlorosis on the top leaves. Bottom leaves are still dark and clawed and show no signs of any yellowing/browning/spots.

Basic Information
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed (2x MOB, 2x Black Diamond) Photoperiod Fems
2. How old are your plants? 82 days from seed. Mainline technique (8 mains each plant). Combined with some SCROG net to help spread the stems out.
3. How tall are your plants? 13-18 inches from top of coco, in 3 gal non woven fabric pots, canna coco brick (60% coco, 40% perlite)
4. What type of hydro system are you using? Drain to waste
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Mega Crop v3 (with white balls) + yucca powder
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.8-5.9
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? 330 EC
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? ~1080 EC (including 330 EC tap), currently using 10 grams (2.5g/gal) of Mega Crop v3 per 15L of water (~4 gal)
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 18-19 C (64-66 F)
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Runoff EC collected in a bucket, shows 700EC, 5.9 pH
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? pH down daily to 5.8, watering 3x a day on an automatic timer. each time is about 3 x 18 seconds spaced out over 6 minutes (about 16L total, 4L total runoff = 25%)
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? - QB LED: 2 panels of 2xQB288 LM301B 240W V2 RSPEC 3500K, 1 panel of LM301H 2xQB288 240W 3000K. Total 3 panels of about 720 Watts (spaced evenly). I'm currently only using 2 panels during veg.
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 28-30 inches @ 175 Watts over 2 panels (3rd panel in the middle not switched on yet)
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 5 x 5 feet
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Temp = 18-22 C, avg of 19 C, night = 18, day = 20. Humidity = 50-60%, avg of 55%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No, very clean space
18. How much experience do you have growing? 4th grow

Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 2
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 3
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 4
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 5
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 6
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 7
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 8
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 9
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 10
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 11
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 12
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 13
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 14
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 15
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 16
Need some advice mega crop v3 coco dtw 17
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hey Everyone,

New to this forum. Hope my format below makes sense. Essentially I'm wondering if my self-diagnosis is correct. Basic information is found at the bottom of this post. I try to give a bit of background and my observations of these girls' lives to paint a more accurate picture.

Context
I realize I may be misusing the scrog net, but I was used to it and can't help but put it on. Now I have a mainlined+scrog combo of weirdness. I may also need to defoliate a lot more in general.

All 4 plants are being fed the same EC, automatic watering drain to waste. First 1/3 of the plants life, I fed too much mega crop v3+ calimagic and had some nitrogen toxicity. I ended up cutting out GH calimagic from the feed and went straight Mega Crop halfway. When plants were younger, roots had some struggles, may have been too wet too long (algae on side of pot), and roots circled around itself in the fabric pot. This new fabric pot I'm trying seems thick and roots can't seem to poke out of the pots very easily. They started poking out the top of the surface. Now, the medium is a pretty solid block and compact with roots. Water drains properly still, just takes more time and I ended up tuning automatic watering to multiple 15-20 second intervals spread over a "session" to mimic hand watering. I also started using Yucca Powder this grow and perhaps used too much in the early feeds. I have now since been using a small pinch per each 15L (~4 gal) bucket of water. I have a oscillating fan pointing to the walls on 24/7 (thought I had wind burn at first).

I dialed back feed strength and hand watered 1x a day (until run off) over a week at 700-850 EC (inclusive of 340 EC tap). Plants bounced back, and grew vigorously. Been slowly upping the feed from 850 - 1080 EC. Currently feeding 1080 EC over past 2 days or so. I defoliated most of the early big fan leaves that were really dark. Have not noticed any sort of deficiency on the bottom fan leaves. Every fan leaf I trimmed has been green so far.

Problem
Plant #1 MOB
- This plant is nice and green, shorter/stockier than the other MOB. Doesn't space out or stretch too much, smaller sized, tight node space. No tip burn, no real issues, just very short and bushy. Some twisted leaves that were under the canopy, probably due to not enough light/space. I'm slowly defoliating this plant. No real issue here.

Plant #2 MOB - Despite breaking off one of her main stems early in the grow, I stuck it back and it fused itself so now it gives me 4 tops. Resilient girl. This plant looks pretty healthy, praying leaves, good node spacing. Canopy spreads out well, big sized. However, lighter green leaves on the top starting from the middle of the stem (this happens typically on the top of the plant). Some yellow tips and "burn" happening on this plant. The yellow-turned-brown tips are sporadic and can be randomly found on all levels of the plant (top/mid/bottom).

Self-diagnosis: since most of the lighter green leaves started at the top, and no bottom fan leaves show signs of deficiency. Immobile nutrient likely. It's exhibiting deficiency in Iron/Zinc. Could be caused by excess Phosphorous? I heard Mega Crop v3 (late 2020) had high Phosphorus. They reduced it in the current V4 (July 2021) formula. Could be Potassium deficiency? But then I'd see the lower fan leaves getting sucked out of Potassium. I believe my EC feed is on the low side... so excess phosphorous is less likely. Stumped. Also, what else would you do to improve the current state? I'm thinking of watering 2x a day (heavier runoff) with the same amount of water instead of 3x I'm doing now. Maybe not keep it too wet.

Plant #3 Black Diamond - This plant is pretty big as well, similar size to plant #2, but the leaves are not praying. In fact, leaves seem to flatten out and slightly down. May be genetics? Drinks the most feed. The yellowing at the top and of brand new growth (that are under the canopy) are quite obvious. Seems to be slightly worse than Plant #2. Observed thin spindly new growth.

Plant #4 Black Diamond - At germination, this plant was stunted and set back a week's time. This plant has really tight node spacing. Fan leaves have shown the claw throughout it's life except for newer growth on the top. Also, leaves were very puffy and stiff, until recently, it has opened up, and softer. Still a little puffy but much better. I believe because of the early setback, it's a week or so younger/slower than the rest. Now, newer growth is much lighter green. Perhaps showing interveinal chlorosis on the top leaves. Bottom leaves are still dark and clawed and show no signs of any yellowing/browning/spots.

Basic Information
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed (2x MOB, 2x Black Diamond) Photoperiod Fems
2. How old are your plants? 82 days from seed. Mainline technique (8 mains each plant). Combined with some SCROG net to help spread the stems out.
3. How tall are your plants? 13-18 inches from top of coco, in 3 gal non woven fabric pots, canna coco brick (60% coco, 40% perlite)
4. What type of hydro system are you using? Drain to waste
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Mega Crop v3 (with white balls) + yucca powder
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.8-5.9
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? 330 EC
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? ~1080 EC (including 330 EC tap), currently using 10 grams (2.5g/gal) of Mega Crop v3 per 15L of water (~4 gal)
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 18-19 C (64-66 F)
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Runoff EC collected in a bucket, shows 700EC, 5.9 pH
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? pH down daily to 5.8, watering 3x a day on an automatic timer. each time is about 3 x 18 seconds spaced out over 6 minutes (about 16L total, 4L total runoff = 25%)
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? - QB LED: 2 panels of 2xQB288 LM301B 240W V2 RSPEC 3500K, 1 panel of LM301H 2xQB288 240W 3000K. Total 3 panels of about 720 Watts (spaced evenly). I'm currently only using 2 panels during veg.
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 28-30 inches @ 175 Watts over 2 panels (3rd panel in the middle not switched on yet)
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 5 x 5 feet
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Temp = 18-22 C, avg of 19 C, night = 18, day = 20. Humidity = 50-60%, avg of 55%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No, very clean space
18. How much experience do you have growing? 4th grow
They really don’t look that bad to me other than maybe a little tip burn and needing a little defoliation. Welcome to the farm

Latest posts

Top Bottom