Need Some Advice On Set Up Brand New Room

• Thread starter CannaNovice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaNovice

CannaNovice

I have 2 - 4 x 3 x 6.5 tents I am trying to figure out optimal configuration for cultivation. tent #1 have optional 1' X 4' seperate cloning chamber I would use on one side for seedlings at first then clones and mums later on. Remaining 3 x 3 area would be for veg. tent #2 will be flowering. Any suggestions on how many mature flowering plants I should end up with would be great. Looking for fastest way to fill the tent with bud simply put. First train of thought was to run 2 at a time but now im thinking it will take longer to veg to fill the area with just 2 girls and some LST. Now im thinking 4 or 6 plants some LST might be faster and produce the same yield?

I would also like advice on pot sizes and when to transplant.
My take on it is 7-10 days in a 2.5" pot then 3-4 weeks in a 1 liter then 49-75 days in a 7 gallon. Any of that seem way off base? Should I transplant before or after switching to flowering, or same day?

If I have about 4 feet of grow space taking into account the light and the containers I should flower when my plants reach what height?

Really I have no quibs or hang ups and just looking for solid advice on how to maximize yield in the space I have in as short of time as possible. So If im looking at it wrong let me have it.

Right now I did a test run with some beans I found in sacks and gotta say they are looking healthy. However I think I either started LST too early or stunted the growth too much with topping, because the plants are bush and think but only maybe 4-5 inches tall into the second week of veg going on third. So I second guessed myself pulled out all the tie downs and havent pinched any tops in days and I will not any more. Im hoping in 1-2 weeks they are big enough to flower and filll my space. right now I got some seedlings going and some more germinating right now. a real smorgusborg if you will but mostly indica dominant except for the free ufos of course. Luck of the draw got some good ones there as well. I suspect the 2 mature plants I have are Sour OG and Critical mass. I have 2 others about 1 week old an auto white widow and another critical mass. I have 4 more seedlings started 2 days ago, cheese, gorilla bomb, mystery seed #2 probably orange crush, and a flower bomb kush. Soaking for 24 hours are Lemon Garlic OG, Sour Diesel, kush n cheese, g.scout cookies, critical cheese, and GDP. Im going to try and get mums from the big stinky girls and eventually run clones only but had to get the strains first. So Ill probably flower the 2 that are already a little bigger in the #2 "flower tent" and run 4-6 in the smaller 3x3 tent while keeping any seedlings or clones/ future mums in the 1x4 clone chamber for now.

I almost forgot. I have 4 X 300 watt draw LEDS what would be best configuration? At first thought I was going to run 1 in clone chamber 1 in veg and 2 in flower, but now im thinking maybe get florescents for clones/mums and use 2 in veg and 2 in flower or 1 in veg and 3 in flower. Thoughts?

I apologize Im only slightly incredibly nuerotic and horrible with grammer and spelling.
As soon as I figure out a way to securely get some photos on here I will but really its not much to look at, at this point. HELP! oh and PS to mods...I MIS-posted similar posting in "micro grows" feel free to delete, i got no response and I cant figure out how to delete it myself if possible. I hope I found the right home this time.

Wolfe

Wolfe

It's really a matter of preference.
You could use more plants and veg less or less plants and veg more. More plants equals less vegging time. Also if you have room to not use a tent for flowering, do so. And buy a fluorescent for vegging like a t 5 and use your leds for flowering.

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

It's really a matter of preference.
You could use more plants and veg less or less plants and veg more. More plants equals less vegging time. Also if you have room to not use a tent for flowering, do so. And buy a fluorescent for vegging like a t 5 and use your leds for flowering.
If either way will produce the same yield I choose less veg time. I can easily unzip and fold away the walls of the flowering tent come time, right now everythings still vegging. Maybe you could look at my pics I posted in my original thread under micro grows I believe ( i picked the wrong catagory) They are still very small but very bushy. Im guessing at least 2 more weeks to flower to fill my tent space w colas?
Im definetly going to get the T5s for clone/ chamber and veg. My lights draw 317W they arent the best but I have 4 of them. Wouldnt that be over kil for 4X3 area? right now I have 2 in there on veg. Also they have seperate switches for growth/bloom. I have been tempted to turn the bloom bulbs on during veg. Is this not recomended. Do you know if the draw is the same whenther its in growth or growth and bloom? my worry is that while in growth only mode only about half the bulbs are lit up so im worried its drawing closer to hlaf the power. Meaning I think my girls are under 600+ watts but theyre really under 330+ ish. Sorry for all the questions. Brand noob to this LED indoor set up.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I'm not super keen on led grows. However, I do know about a ton of light in a tiny area. I'm not even going to say what I run in my area but it's a lot more light than what you have. I sometimes have to watch for light burn but I am mostly on top of it with keeping the lights high enough to where it doesn't do that. If I have burned the top in the past I just removed the burned part and raised the lights. I don't think you will have a problem with more light in the small space as long as you are watching for burn. From my understanding that is less likely to happen with led lights. More light for me equals bigger, danker weed. Maybe someone on here with led experience would know better.

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

I'm not super keen on led grows. However, I do know about a ton of light in a tiny area. I'm not even going to say what I run in my area but it's a lot more light than what you have. I sometimes have to watch for light burn but I am mostly on top of it with keeping the lights high enough to where it doesn't do that. If I have burned the top in the past I just removed the burned part and raised the lights. I don't think you will have a problem with more light in the small space as long as you are watching for burn. From my understanding that is less likely to happen with led lights. More light for me equals bigger, danker weed. Maybe someone on here with led experience would know better.
noted. Well as soon as I pick up a t5 unit for my veg tent im just going to move all 4 leds in the flower tent. They are 720 watt each (144 x 5 w) but the draw is only 317W. So thats what I go by. Here is my thread with a couple pics. I went a little crazy with the supercropping/LST so they are very bushy right now. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...-advice-schedule-timeline.89152/#post-1925408

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

I have 2 - 4 x 3 x 6.5 tents I am trying to figure out optimal configuration for cultivation. tent #1 have optional 1' X 4' seperate cloning chamber I would use on one side for seedlings at first then clones and mums later on. Remaining 3 x 3 area would be for veg. tent #2 will be flowering. Any suggestions on how many mature flowering plants I should end up with would be great. Looking for fastest way to fill the tent with bud simply put. First train of thought was to run 2 at a time but now im thinking it will take longer to veg to fill the area with just 2 girls and some LST. Now im thinking 4 or 6 plants some LST might be faster and produce the same yield?

I would also like advice on pot sizes and when to transplant.
My take on it is 7-10 days in a 2.5" pot then 3-4 weeks in a 1 liter then 49-75 days in a 7 gallon. Any of that seem way off base? Should I transplant before or after switching to flowering, or same day?

If I have about 4 feet of grow space taking into account the light and the containers I should flower when my plants reach what height?

Really I have no quibs or hang ups and just looking for solid advice on how to maximize yield in the space I have in as short of time as possible. So If im looking at it wrong let me have it.

Right now I did a test run with some beans I found in sacks and gotta say they are looking healthy. However I think I either started LST too early or stunted the growth too much with topping, because the plants are bush and think but only maybe 4-5 inches tall into the second week of veg going on third. So I second guessed myself pulled out all the tie downs and havent pinched any tops in days and I will not any more. Im hoping in 1-2 weeks they are big enough to flower and filll my space. right now I got some seedlings going and some more germinating right now. a real smorgusborg if you will but mostly indica dominant except for the free ufos of course. Luck of the draw got some good ones there as well. I suspect the 2 mature plants I have are Sour OG and Critical mass. I have 2 others about 1 week old an auto white widow and another critical mass. I have 4 more seedlings started 2 days ago, cheese, gorilla bomb, mystery seed #2 probably orange crush, and a flower bomb kush. Soaking for 24 hours are Lemon Garlic OG, Sour Diesel, kush n cheese, g.scout cookies, critical cheese, and GDP. Im going to try and get mums from the big stinky girls and eventually run clones only but had to get the strains first. So Ill probably flower the 2 that are already a little bigger in the #2 "flower tent" and run 4-6 in the smaller 3x3 tent while keeping any seedlings or clones/ future mums in the 1x4 clone chamber for now.

I almost forgot. I have 4 X 300 watt draw LEDS what would be best configuration? At first thought I was going to run 1 in clone chamber 1 in veg and 2 in flower, but now im thinking maybe get florescents for clones/mums and use 2 in veg and 2 in flower or 1 in veg and 3 in flower. Thoughts?

I apologize Im only slightly incredibly nuerotic and horrible with grammer and spelling.
As soon as I figure out a way to securely get some photos on here I will but really its not much to look at, at this point. HELP! oh and PS to mods...I MIS-posted similar posting in "micro grows" feel free to delete, i got no response and I cant figure out how to delete it myself if possible. I hope I found the right home this time.

*Updated Pics... still a ways to go...
***>Ordered T5 for Veg tent. So Ill have up to 1252 true watts of LEDs for Flowering.

20170526 024318
20170526 024313
20170526 024318
Wolfe

Wolfe

I've never have put a trellis over plants that are that small flowering. I suppose if you wanted the most exposure to all of the buds you could use ties or separate each branch a little wider to the grid so light can penetrate inside more. That would be the best advice I could give for now. Other than that they look healthy. Maybe tuck a leaf or two if you don't want to remove foliage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom