Need Some Advice On Solving My Potassium Deficiencyaroun

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Two hours ago, if that, I fed them Krazy Kelp 1-0-17 (as label directed) and they are already starting to perk up. Yay! I'll feed them the kelp with HB&B 5-50-17 (actually half strength at 2.5-25-8.5) for the next few weeks then switch back over to Kool Bloom 2-45-28 half strength or split it with the HB&B both at a quarter to finish out. They were giving me the right stuff if mixed with Krazy Kelp, so why mess with a good thing.
View attachment 842182 View attachment 842186
Yeah, i hope it works, tho can it be because you just watered them?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Made me think of this :)
Its hard to grow healthy plants with those temps, if you just want to ride it out then i wouldn’t worry about their deficiencies that much. Their metabolism won’t be fucntioning properly anyway. Man i hope those seeds turn out ok.

I don't want to, but worrying about it ain't gonna make em any healthier. This cold is unseasonable so I might just luck out and it goes back warm for another few weeks. That's not unusual for around here. If I can make the mini tents happen, and I've been know to make sh*t happen, then they only need to hang in there two more weeks. Pot is a very resilient plant and I am very creative in solving problems. I'll at least try and find a blanket to wrap around their pots.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Made me think of this :)
Its hard to grow healthy plants with those temps, if you just want to ride it out then i wouldn’t worry about their deficiencies that much. Their metabolism won’t be fucntioning properly anyway. Man i hope those seeds turn out ok.

Yeah that show was some funny sh*t!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I don't want to, but worrying about it ain't gonna make em any healthier. This cold is unseasonable so I might just luck out and it goes back warm for another few weeks. That's not unusual for around here. If I can make the mini tents happen, and I've been know to make sh*t happen, then they only need to hang in there two more weeks. Pot is a very resilient plant and I am very creative in solving problems. I'll at least try and find a blanket to wrap around their pots.
If its temporary it might be ok i guess. Yeah its a resilient plant.
On the bright side.
I was reading a research on soy beans and the claim was that extreme environment stress (temps mostly) could cause mutations in the morphology of the offspring from resulting seeds after a couple of generations. Form of adaptation. So maybe by growing several generations of seeded cannabis in that cold, you may end up with a more resillient one :)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I wonder if silica would help them with the lower temps. I know it helps with higher temps.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

If its temporary it might be ok i guess. Yeah its a resilient plant.
On the bright side.
I was reading a research on soy beans and the claim was that extreme environment stress (temps mostly) could cause mutations in the morphology of the offspring from resulting seeds after a couple of generations. Form of adaptation. So maybe by growing several generations of seeded cannabis in that cold, you may end up with a more resillient one :)

I was going was going to say that. I do know that it only takes one generation for cannabis beans to acclimate to a new zone, barring extremes outside it's genetic ability to adapt to, ie; what grew well at 85F, now grows well at 65F, and vice versa. Even when the parent plants didn't. However I have not seen many strains that do well across the full temperature spectrum. The Kush variant of Indica is one where I see more often than not a resilience towards large temperature differentials.

By Crossing the Bananas with Chocolate Nepal I was actually trying to play to this strength.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Still man 50. Its still pretty low. I know you’re not trying to harvest buds from these but the overall health will affect the seed quality too.

I'm going to try and find some cardboard boxes big enough to put over the girls and bring them inside at night. I've got a few days till temps drop into the upper 30'sF. Wish I could afford one of those wardrobe boxes from U-Haul but they're pricing is friggin ridiculous (I could almost buy a tent for the price of a couple).

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
nitrogen can always be added,yours is depleted,so top dress a little ewc in the soil,your k is depleted,solve all the problems by using epsome salt 2tbs to gal water,epsome salt is calcium ,magnese and sulfur,the color will change when you add it,sulfur will bring back the green your after,i wouldnt go hog wild with the nitrogen either,use the salt wait a few days and the green come back,from what you describe above your pounding them with P,not always the best thing but if medicated in week interfuls you can have sucess,i think you have locked out the n and k with to much p if you dig,look at the soil scale and notice p and k are so close to each other,that locking um up really isnt hard to do if you dig,the reason i use oyster shell is for this reason ,late in the grow it benifits all the calcium uptake and just giving a tad of cal mag if needed isnt such a bother,,also the whole idea behind sub cools recipe and why he states clearly put in the bottom of pots,when your grow is harvest go to feed store they sell crushed oyster shell in 50 lb bags for 14 bucks,when you amend your used soil put it in there and let it cook with all others you use
@oldskol4evr , epsom salt does not contain calcium or magnese. It has magnesium,sulfur and oxygen.

Top Bottom