Need some advice

• Thread starter Jimcook
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimcook

Jimcook

Hi all, just hoping someone can help me out here. So I have two plants growing outdoors in Ireland. I’v got a Critical kush and Peyote Critical both about 9 weeks old. They have been transplanted twice with the most recent going from an 11 liter pot to a 37 liter pot one week ago. Soil that is used is BioBizz all mix that has added nutrients that last for about 3 weeks. While in the 11 liter pot in the early days I’ve had to flush due to some problems experienced, due to me using wrong ph water and adding calmag and superthrive every watering, the flush worked a treat and complements to the people who advised. So since then I’ve adjusted the ph and only been watering.

So there in the new pot a week, have been watered once and on the day of transplant I slightly sprayed some superthrive in the transplant area. I am conscious that the soil it was in from the previous pot, is at this stage is empty of nutrients and I was assuming that the roots would take hold in the new soil and I would get another 3/4 weeks without adding anything but water. Weather is beautiful recently and temperatures have hit 27 degrees in the past few days but temperatures are back down to 17/19 degrees now. The peyote critical looks so nice, all excited I am but I see some yellowing on one of the leafs and I’m beginning to think I have a deficiency beginning. But the critical kush looks pretty sick, blistered leaves, purple colouring on the new leaves and lots of yellowing happening on the leaves just below the purple coloured leaves. Any suggestions and thank you in advance for the time.

Need some advice 2

Critical Kush pic 1.

Need some advice

Critical kush pic 2.

Need some advice 4

Critical kush pic 3.

Need some advice 3

Peyote critical pic 1.

chemistry

chemistry

Start a grow diary, then folk can pitch in and help you, both now, and further down the road. 😉

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks like you have too much P or K in your soil. I had a Grandaddy Purple plant that grew like crazy but was very sensitive to excessive nutes... and I don't use much at all compared to most. When they start to flower their needs change and they seem more sensitive to excessive nutes. Something else to consider is that flushing mostly removes Nitrogen, some Potassium, but Phosphorus is difficult to remove and can easily build up to toxic levels. An excess of Calcium with Phosphorus will lock out both of them.I would flush the tar out of the affected plant then give a low dose of mostly nitrogen afterwards.Not all nutrients are easily flushed out.

Jimcook

Jimcook

It looks like you have too much P or K in your soil. I had a Grandaddy Purple plant that grew like crazy but was very sensitive to excessive nutes... and I don't use much at all compared to most. When they start to flower their needs change and they seem more sensitive to excessive nutes. Something else to consider is that flushing mostly removes Nitrogen, some Potassium, but Phosphorus is difficult to remove and can easily build up to toxic levels. An excess of Calcium with Phosphorus will lock out both of them.I would flush the tar out of the affected plant then give a low dose of mostly nitrogen afterwards.Not all nutrients are easily flushed out.
Thank you for that and your time. Could I have to much P or K in the soil if I’ve never used any nutrients at all since I flushed it about 3 weeks ago. That time I flushed it with about 30 liters of water in an 11 liter pot. I would have assumed that the nutrients in the first pots soil would be balanced for the first 2/3 weeks and then balanced out again when transferred to the new soil in the new pot which would do me for another 2/3 weeks without adding nutrients. Just wondering?

Jimcook

Jimcook

I do get what you mean though about the magnesium because I was using Calmag every watering from week 3 to week 6/7.

Top Bottom