Need some guidance already!!! Lol need some advice on how to handle a mystery plant!!!?

• Thread starter CaptG420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaptG420

CaptG420

Iv got some doozies on my hands!! Need some veteran advice on what to do with my mystery plant!!! 16+weeks in flower and showing no signs of slowin down!!! Help

CaptG420

CaptG420

IMG 20220305 010825103
IMG 20220305 011305040

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Miracle gro is usually a slow release fertilizer that feeds nitrogen for 6 months or more sometimes. You end up with way too much nitrogen available during the flowering stage when the plant doesn't need it. This causes things like dark green foliage, clawed leaves, abnormal leaves that look like re-veg, super leafy buds, and a plant that just won't finish. The end product will most likely be grassy and smell like hay. Also, how confident are you that your grow area is completely dark when the lights are off?

CaptG420

CaptG420

Miracle gro is usually a slow release fertilizer that feeds nitrogen for 6 months or more sometimes. You end up with way too much nitrogen available during the flowering stage when the plant doesn't need it. This causes things like dark green foliage, clawed leaves, abnormal leaves that look like re-veg, super leafy buds, and a plant that just won't finish. The end product will most likely be grassy and smell like hay. Also, how confident are you that your grow area is completely dark when the lights are off?
It's an issue for sure!!! I'm running Red/Blu led rite now for 8-10 on....and 16 off. Just trying my hardest to finish her

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I like your enthusiasm. This is a great place to learn stuff and share your progress. You could chop anytime, I'd say. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Any plans for more grows?

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

If this is early in you're grow career/hobby - GREAT JOB

As far as what it is. That could be anyone's guess. I think your jump from 12/12 to 8/16 might have been a whole bunch at once. I have had to do that with Sativa's before to get them to completely finish. Since you are already at 8/16 and have been there for 3 weeks now, I would not change it back. Possibly you should have done that a little at a time rather than all at once. The mentality of it needs to be done by so many weeks - erase that from the hard drive, especially based on you have no idea what genetics you are dealing with. and here is a big one. Patience. I would flush it for several waterings not as for harvest because I think you might have to hit it one last time with nutrients before you harvest. Looking at what I can see, your calyxes still have some swelling to do. Miracle grow is bad, but it is what it is. How soon do you need the space where it is at? Let it go. I would say your about 4 to 5 weeks out. Maybe 6 -- Comments above about light pollution should be heeded and it just kind of makes me wonder around the point where you talk about being consistent with light timing and temp. Your going to have fluctuations in temp during wintertime. Don't sweat that. You should not, if you can help it, have fluctuations with your light timer. Look into one with a built in battery back up, that way if the power goes off, your timing does not go out of whack..

You're not going to get it perfect the first couple times out but you will get it dialed in eventually. Keep trying and always have an open mind.

As I look your stuff over before I hit the POST REPLY button... The top pictures - Based in the size of the plant VS the size of the bucket in the picture. I would also say there is a chance you could be root-bound.

Top Bottom