Need some help diagnosing issues on leaves

• Thread starter SchwiftyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Hey farmers! This grow is all new for me and obviously with its ups and downs. It’s a first for me in soil, and also a first for me outdoors and haven’t seen this in my grows in the past. Feel free to check out my grown journal.

Can anyone tell me possibly the issue with the leaves I have? I’m using an organic soil mix and Fox Farm nutrient line up.

I am using RO water that is ph to 6.3 after adding nutrients.

I originally started this grow 100% outdoors and have since been moving it outside and inside.

I’ve had a fair share of mosquitos and small gnats around but try and knock them away when I see them and have constant air blowing on her. Inside of the grow room I don’t see any pests when she’s in there, so I am not sure if it’s pest related or nutrient related.

One thing I haven’t given this entire grow is CalMag and it’s simply for that fact I wasn’t thinking about it (silly me) and now it’s going to take awhile to import. I will have that for the next grow, but I don’t like giving my plant water from the hose…if I won’t drink it I don’t want to give it to my plants.

I’ve done an inspection for mites, webs, and rot on any of the bud sites and all looks good.

Thanks for any help and information and happy growing!

Need some help diagnosing issues on leaves
Need some help diagnosing issues on leaves 2
Need some help diagnosing issues on leaves 3
Need some help diagnosing issues on leaves 4
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
More like pest damage ? Hard to tell from those pics I know ur in flower but I’d personally throw a little N at them , ur levels seem to be light pretty early but that’s my opininion
Thanks man! I will give it some N on the next feeding. I’m on week 5 of flower right now, and I just wasn’t sure if these marks were from old pest bites or if it was a nutrient issue. I know there aren’t any lingering pests in the room at the moment I just finished a full inspection

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Week 5 of flower? "Don't go throwing a bunch of nitrogen at the plant". It's done growing and the nitrogen will do more harm than good. Feed the plant flowering mix, something like 5-15-5 twice a week. Don't worry it will pull all the nitrogen it needs from it's old growth leaves. The leaves will yellow and brown then fall off. That's a good thing. Don't push! Just let it finish up on flowering mix! Any signs of bugs. Spray only the leaves with dish soap and water, makes them taste bad and the bugs go eat something else.

Last edited:
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Week 5 of flower? "Don't go throwing a bunch of nitrogen at the plant". It's done growing and the nitrogen will do more harm than good. Feed the plant flowering mix, something like 5-15-5 twice a week. Don't worry it will pull all the nitrogen it needs from it's old growth leaves. The leaves will yellow and brown then fall off. That's a good thing. Don't push! Just let it finish up on flowering mix! Any signs of bugs. Spray only the leaves with dish soap and water, makes them taste bad and the bugs go eat something else.
Sounds good, the feeding line up I have calls for cha Ching for the last 4 weeks of flower which is a 9-50-10, so it’s got a small amount to get it through flower.

I’m always hesitant to spray anything on the plant with buds, always scared that any mist will get on the buds. Can I wipe the individual leaf with soap water to avoid any getting on the bud sites?

PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

Looks pretty rough. Lots of issues going on. Don't use that brand of nutrient next time. The mostly fucked up plants seem to come from fox farms.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Not how it works bro

Moshmen

Moshmen

That plant needs nitro no matter what stage it’s in . It may be done stretching but still needs it .

He is correct the plant will pull what it needs but we would like to give the plant what it needs ! Not let it eat itself - master growers plants are green from start to finish! Very little fade

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
That plant needs nitro no matter what stage it’s in . It may be done stretching but still needs it .

He is correct the plant will pull what it needs but we would like to give the plant what it needs ! Not let it eat itself - master growers plants are green from start to finish! Very little fade
Sometimes my pictures under the LEDs can make my leaves seem brighter green then they are. This is a closer picture of a bud site. Do these look N def to you?

The spots and marks I’m mentioning are only on those fan leaves, it’s not all over the plant.

Lights are about to come on so I can take better pics I need to, but my gut is telling me some kind of old pest that isn’t there anymore

F0B3B194 8D5C 4757 9439 A34CE4C0E78B
Moshmen

Moshmen

Your probably right , they do look better , you can never go wrong with a balance feed, are you sure your on week 5 ? When did you start counting ? From 12/12 switch I only ask cuz I would have guessed then to be younger .

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Your probably right , they do look better , you can never go wrong with a balance feed, are you sure your on week 5 ? When did you start counting ? From 12/12 switch I only ask cuz I would have guessed then to be younger .

August 1st is when I got my first indication of yellowing gradient in the bud sites, that is when I started counting day one. I mixed up my seed labels when I moved here and I’m not confident on what I’m growing. Could either be a mango haze 50/50 or a 100% Sativa land race. Based on growing and flowering, I’m leaning on the Sativa land race seed

08280FD6 928E 4539 8F5A 746D25440BC5
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Ok here’s a couple of pictures with the lights off and flash on the camera. I’ve circled the areas I’m trying to figure out the most.

13C0DCE8 0B83 4CF2 BA5D 81CE2317CE9B
BA088889 10F4 43F4 9F01 86D0523026D2
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd suggest that you have a very mild case of Thrip damage rather than a deficiency. Look up Cannabis plant Thrip damage for yourself and see what you think. In general your plant looks very good. Your flowering mix has more than enough Nitrogen in it to sustain the plant at this stage of it's life. All you need to do is give it flowering mix twice a week and let it finish up a couple of more weeks. No need to do anything more than pick up any falling leaves and watch those buds brown up..

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah looks like old pest damage they don’t seem to be geetting worse keep on growin! Would worry to much unless you see new damage ?

Was there some serious stress during the grow ? I ask because I see a lot of 3 fingered leaves , usually caused by stress , if you can improve plant overall health your potent y and yield will both increase

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Yeah looks like old pest damage they don’t seem to be geetting worse keep on growin! Would worry to much unless you see new damage ?

Was there some serious stress during the grow ? I ask because I see a lot of 3 fingered leaves , usually caused by stress , if you can improve plant overall health your potent y and yield will both increase
Thanks for the follow up, and that’s good to know. I dont see it getting any worst, but I do love her indoor and outdoors. The LEDs aren’t quite strong enough to keep her under there the whole flower time. I have 6 hours of good sunlight so I move her outside during those times and back under the LED for the other 6.

But, yes she had a huge stress issue right after it went into flowering, we had a huge hail storm and took out quite a bit of branches and stressed it out pretty bad. Thankfully she bounced back.

I was thinking that the 3 leaves is more a genetic trait. The clone I’ve taken off of her has the same kind of 3 leaf trait, but I could be wrong.

6490DA37 9F2A 43C3 8FA4 35AB9F640B5C
EE616A8E DDFE 4334 8A20 E944AD30B8D5
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I'd suggest that you have a very mild case of Thrip damage rather than a deficiency. Look up Cannabis plant Thrip damage for yourself and see what you think. In general your plant looks very good. Your flowering mix has more than enough Nitrogen in it to sustain the plant at this stage of it's life. All you need to do is give it flowering mix twice a week and let it finish up a couple of more weeks. No need to do anything more than pick up any falling leaves and watch those buds brown up..
Thank you for the follow up, and I definitely think y’all are right! I’m going to keep a closer eye for any further pests but I will definitely be investing in more foilar sprays next grow.

Thanks all, y’all rock!!!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks for the follow up, and that’s good to know. I dont see it getting any worst, but I do love her indoor and outdoors. The LEDs aren’t quite strong enough to keep her under there the whole flower time. I have 6 hours of good sunlight so I move her outside during those times and back under the LED for the other 6.

But, yes she had a huge stress issue right after it went into flowering, we had a huge hail storm and took out quite a bit of branches and stressed it out pretty bad. Thankfully she bounced back.

I was thinking that the 3 leaves is more a genetic trait. The clone I’ve taken off of her has the same kind of 3 leaf trait, but I could be wrong.
It’s possible to be genetic but most likely stress induced can be many things from light to temps, you can see in your pics that the mother grew out of the tri leaf phase - did the plant happen to reveg ? Lots of times the tri fingers stick around

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Was about to say, I'm going through some thripe issues right now in one of my flower tents.

Damage looks identical to yours. They don't appear to do anything to the buds since they don't seem to be able to make it past the resin on leaves. Noticed leaves that have resin on them the damage is exclusive to non-covered parts.

Make sure sanitize everything really well after this grow and you should be good.

Top Bottom